Get to Know Kevyn Adams

WildCard

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This sounds like a train wreck that I will probably listen to.

Again:  the question is not whose decision it was, or whether TP wanted to do it -- the question is whether DR didn't want to sign those guys but TP made him do so.

I will need links for that, specifically, before I concede.  Otherwise it's spin and repetition.

There's no link where Darcy is sitting in front of two bandana-ed men holding machetes, unshaven and haggard, reading from a script, "I, Darcy Finnigan Regier, declare that I opposed the signings of Ehrhoff and Leino, but Terry Pegula made me do it."

There's everything I've presented for almost 10 years now, and you should listen to the podcast, because it has Barnaby reporting that his team sources told him the signings were against Regier's wishes and Harrington confirming it "100%" while adding another bit of circumstantial evidence beyond one of the daughter's tweets.

Does it really defy your imagination that much?

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's no link where Darcy is sitting in front of two bandana-ed men holding machetes, unshaven and haggard, reading from a script, "I, Darcy Finnigan Regier, declare that I opposed the signings of Ehrhoff and Leino, but Terry Pegula made me do it."

There's everything I've presented for almost 10 years now, and you should listen to the podcast, because it has Barnaby reporting that his team sources told him the signings were against Regier's wishes and Harrington confirming it "100%" while adding another bit of circumstantial evidence beyond one of the daughter's tweets.

Does it really defy your imagination that much?

This is a thread where I remember discussion of Pegula's role with regards to decisions being relevant, or potentially beginning. 

Hahaha .... thinking of all people, Harrington carries ANY weight with his “sources” and “connections” is freakin funny. Like, a lot. I’d trust Barnaby or some basement dwelling social media troll before Mike “I have a degree in journalism” Harrington. Dude is useless.... literally.

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Hahaha .... thinking of all people, Harrington carries ANY weight with his “sources” and “connections” is freakin funny. Like, a lot. I’d trust Barnaby or some basement dwelling social media troll before Mike “I have a degree in journalism” Harrington. Dude is useless.... literally.

So you believe the story?

We learned something new about Adams today.  We learned that his talk about analytics and integrating them into scouting was not just complete lip service.

The former Director of Analytics is now the Assistant Director of Scouting.  There is no longer a separate analytics department, it’s now part of scouting.

• Like (+1) 1

The vision: Paraphrasing — It's about people. Want to be progressive and efficient, want to think differently about scouting and player development and analytics. It's about communication and surrounding yourself with great people. (Mentioned efficiency again.) It comes back to people. Important to surround myself with great and honest people who push and challenge me. Hard conversations for the right reason to get to the right answer.

Edited by PASabreFan

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I wonder what his vision for the team is.

Unsure, if anything I would guess he just wants to win rather than attempt to mimic a specific past team like TM's LAK or Bott's PIT.

Based on his comments I would expect players, "we can be proud of"  Sam Bennett types over Connor Sheary types. Essentially if the player isn't scoring he will at very least add something to the team as a whole every given night. I don't think that goes to a point of grinders over skill but rather 2 dimensional players over 1 trick ponies. Skinner and Olofsson, to a degree, will likely be our only pure goal scorers.

To be honest I could get behind a team like that depending on the skill level. Botts had valued pure goal scoring/skating speed over all else and it left us with a team plagued by intermittent scoring that looked listless at times outside Eichel and Larsson's lines. To be honest, ironically enough I would guess ROR would of been a guy Adams would of liked because when he isn't generating offense he still has use. Skinner types become invisible when not generating offense. A couple Skinners is never a bad thing; you just can't build a team primarily with them as you'll have wild inconsistency and entire lines being practically useless. (Sound familiar?)   

• 8 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, pi2000 said:

I have concerns....  NHL GMs need to be a bit conniving and cutthroat.   That's not the guy I knew.    When it comes time to make tough roster decisions, eg waiving guys you've built a relationship with who have young families etc... I don't think he has that in him.     That's not a bad thing, it speaks for his values as a human.  Great guy, just not what I would consider NHL GM material.

I was concerned about this when he was hired, and now the team is in utter freefall and he's just doesn't have it in him to drop the axe.   

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.