Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm wondering if I should mail them my resume for a position in the front office; I have a Masters in Sports Admin after all.

At least we know your trade proposals would be more aggressive than Jason's ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

So they fired the Hockey Ops IT Guy by mistake and brought him back today per Friedman 

... and Adams made the phone calls.  LOL.  

Is this as good as the fax machine breakdown?  

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm wondering if I should mail them my resume for a position in the front office; I have a Masters in Sports Admin after all.

Maybe I should send my resume in as Pontius Imlachus the IV? 

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

It doesn’t really matter now, does it?

Well depending on how far those conversations went, the agent could get in contact with Adams to carry on with the discussion & probably will i imagine. This isnt the 1st time a GM got fired & the business carried on. I was just curious. We've been waiting & wondering for awhile who will get moved in & out & our GM Jnot is rumored to have been working on a deal & then gets fired before being able to. Its just fitting

On 6/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, jad1 said:

The idea of Krueger playing GM/coach is a troubling one.  With an 82 game schedule and multiple leagues to scout it's too much for one guy to handle.

Scotty Bowman tried to play both roles with the Sabres and failed miserably, and Bowman is a legend, while Krueger is a guy who has spent 2 of his last 7 years employed in the NHL.

This is on Adams. Hopefully he is ready to run a team.

I can see RFK providing significant strategic guidance and direction to Adams, but not getting bogged down in the details.  That end will be Kevyn's job.  Say what you want about Bowman, he was into the details all around and didn't have the help (and cover) Adams will provide.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:33 AM, Randall Flagg said:

@Taro T, Scandy was signed by the Blues for a few years

Trade Berglund and Sobotka for him.  If they need a sweetener they can have Thomspon too.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, freester said:

I guarantee that Adams is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.  This is another move that smacks of cheapness.

So you're saying Kim is OSP II?

16 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

Well depending on how far those conversations went, the agent could get in contact with Adams to carry on with the discussion & probably will i imagine. This isnt the 1st time a GM got fired & the business carried on. I was just curious. We've been waiting & wondering for awhile who will get moved in & out & our GM Jnot is rumored to have been working on a deal & then gets fired before being able to. Its just fitting

It’s got to be a current Sabre or college FA.  I’m sure the agent will contact Adams, but it’s not as if negotiations with Botterill will be valid still.  It’s back to square one, so it doesn’t really matter.