Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Brawndo

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Like Kevin Devine?  G-d help us.  

What has he managed?  two hockey rinks and oversaw the management of the Jr Sabres.  Wow!  So impressed by his experience.  What a joke.  If you are going to manage a pro sports team, you need some sports team management experience.  Steve Y at least built successful Canadian teams for Hockey Canada.  

Yeah, it wasn’t submitted as evidence of his qualifications or guaranteed success.  Just an observation.

I changed my post because upon further review I realized I don’t care why she said Botts was coming back. I do care about how our core players feel about the outlook of the team, specifically Jack.

Anyway, my wife and I are watching the presser and laughing at the comments people are posting. “Ralph Krueger coming to you from the depths of hell”.

Edited by SABRES 0311

2 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

Adams is a WNY guy. I wonder if that factored into his involvement / choice

Well he wouldn't be working here if it wasn't for his local ties.  So by default, if he wasn't a WNY guy, he wouldn't have gotten the job. 

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Just a couple of observations:

1.  Any time ANY sports team owner says someone's job is safe, it means it isn't.

2.  Kevyn Adams is the wrong choice here.

Kim better watch her back, didn't she say she was coming back/staying on in the president role of the team?

Are we going to get an announcement next week that she has fired herself from the position?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Communication? 

I really think someone got real pissed off finding out Hutton had an eye issue and no one told Terry about it 

I understand but as the messenger, that's a hell of a conversation to have.  

"Hey Terry Jason here"

"How you doing Jason"

"So you know how Carter really struggled at times this season"

"I'm aware"

"Turns out he just needed glasses"

"Click"

• Haha (+1) 5

56 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wow, Terry sounds just confused and full of platitudes 

Kim and Terry sound like they have poor communication skills (low verbal IQ).  That's why they had hired another dolt in GMJBot.

Kevyn Adams, Kruger (and JMTM) all seem much better skilled in English, and that's a good omen.  

JMTM wasn't all rainbows and unicorns, but he got 2 #1 C's, a #1 LW, and a #1 G; JBot lost 2 of those for little return.

Gerry Meehan didn't have a huge hockey higher-up resume when he was hired (he was an ex-Sabre player and a laywer), and Meehan

got us Mogilny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

But when the failure rate of so many good choices is 100%, it has to point to some other factor than, "It's tough to win in the NHL." Respected, recommended, solid hockey people don't have success with the Sabres. It's like an experiment where 100 healthy rats are sent through a maze with cheese stations to see how many make it out. You expect 25 to make it out. In this experiment, they all die. There must be something in the maze or in the cheese. (Hey, don't knock my hobby. It got me through the lockdown.)

Well, he retained somebody else's hire in Darcy, and he then hired 2 of his own, both of whom crapped out.  Even if you include Darcy, I don't see how you get to "so many".

Kim saying something to the effect she can work with Adams in the day to day operation of the team scares the hell out of me. This hire proves to me she is in way over her head. No due diligence in finding the right person for the job ? They’ve done a lot of good for Buffalo but man are they setting this team back with every move they make. It just never ends.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Why? Both leagues equal out to ~ $3.6MM/ roster player.

Because in one league contracts are guaranteed and in the other they aren’t. It’s a ginormous difference.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I understand but as the messenger, that's a hell of a conversation to have.  

"Hey Terry Jason here"

"How you doing Jason"

"So you know how Carter really struggled at times this season"

"I'm aware"

"Turns out he just needed glasses"

"Click"

wcharlie sheen film GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1