Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Brawndo

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Look Sabrespace, we need to pause and take a deep breath.

I know it’s hard to be optimistic because we’re Sabres fans.

But we have Jack Eichel, Rasmus Dahlin, very few bad contracts, and $35 million in cap space in an off-season where most of the league is in a cap dungeon.

And we no longer have to worry about Jason Botterill squandering all this.

It is a good morning.

Oh, I’d be thrilled if I were the new GM, pretty good team ready to get a goaltender, a forward and go! 

Just now, Eleven said:

Not cool.

Why? 

Just now, dudacek said:

But we have Jack Eichel, Rasmus Dahlin, very few bad contracts, and $35 million in cap space in an off-season where most of the league is in a cap dungeon.

It is a good morning.

Yup. My fears have been alleviated. No more of his hapless "asset management" to worry about.

We'll see what comes next. But I feel good about it. Even if "it" is just Ralph telling Kevyn "let's get that guy, Jack says he's hard to play against".

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm going all in on the Krueger is the actual GM thing. Adams feels like an "in title only" appointment.

Or for Adams to focus on certain aspects of the GM job, and RaKru to focus on others.

5 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

This feels like a reset and we start over again. Kevin friggin Adams ? A rags to riches story. Came up from the bottom to claim the title from JBotts who was at least competent. I’m kind of surprised Kim Pegula didn’t try on the ruby slippers. 

Clarence, New York is "the bottom"?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It is a good morning.

Where does the Skinner contract fit? (Is this Okposo's last year?)

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I am not being clear, what if Adams is GM and Krueger is elevated to a President role. They could then bring in a new coach like Chris Taylor.

I feel like that would be part of the announcement, were it the case. But I do agree - it's a possible succession plan.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It is a good morning.

I’ll go as far as it’s an okay morning.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Or for Adams to focus on certain aspects of the GM job, and RaKru to focus on others.

I feel like that would be part of the announcement, were it the case. But I do agree - it's a possible succession plan.

That's basically what I'm getting at. Adams is taking the "daily grind" stuff, and Krueger takes a more "high level" spot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Warshington is. The bottom. Sometimes foggy.

Botts must of really made one hell of a blunder recently in his discussions with the Pegulas about the team. 

I'd guess the Pegulas are mostly tone deaf to the fans based on prior statements but something must of put Botts in hot water. Perhaps his plan was to bring up youngsters again and Krueger and Eichel told the Pegulas that doing the exact same thing is just plain insanity.

Adams seems like an odd choice but he's likely giving a good deal of power to Krueger who has at very least built up foreign hockey programs. While he's one of the Pegula's people he is by far the only one that seemingly has had success in his positions in PSE.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If you want to say I lack class, fine.

Am I wrong?  No matter what Tim and Kerry do, you will not be happy.  

That's fair. But I am nothing if not accurate.

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

She seriously reminds me of Yoko Ono coming in and having an influence on John. 

That's why it's funny.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Come off it, fellas. Take an L and move on.

Now two people owe bob an apology. Smell, you're our only hope.

• Haha (+1) 1