Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Brawndo

Just now, shrader said:

And if nothing else, bodies always get moved around after a GM change.  So we at least have something interesting to look out for.

true and I am still not buying until this team proves they have changed. 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It's PA.  Facts aren't going to be a thing here.

Like when they hired some guy named Rex Ryan--an inexperienced, puppet coach.  Right?

As your posts will always lack class, no matter how you say you've changed.

Just now, Eleven said:

Some people never can be satisfied.  Too soon and too late?

Too soon:  there are a lot of RFAs and a handful of key UFAs to sign for this upcoming season; Botts finally was out from under the years of crap contracts signed by previous GMs; why wait all this time to fire a GM that had just gotten to the point he was finally able to operate without the fully burdened weight of previous managers

Too late: what changed from the beginning of this season until the end?   The '19-20 Sabres were always a playoff bubble team, and that's exactly where they finished.  Why keep your GM all season when you have several key negotiations coming up?  

I can be satisfied.  It just requires competence, a high level of performance, and critical thinking from team ownership all the way down to equipment managers.  Unfortunately that has been in short supply lately...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So the release seems to make it clear that Ralph will have more power under this structure.

Adams smells of Brandon (the hire, not the man). Kim and Terry know him. He’s nice and they enjoy his company and they like the cut of his jib.

That's some good tea-reading.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Like in the other thread, wasn’t LaLa president? I thought he hired GMTM.

I am aware. It was a list of major management hires without experience doing the job they were hired to do.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you hinting that Adams is temporary, and that he and Ralph will hire a new coach? And then Ralph will take over for Kevyn?

That would certainly be ironic. I seem to remember that it was JBot’s relationship with Krueger that got him the gig, no?

This feels like a reset and we start over again. Kevin friggin Adams ? A rags to riches story. Came up from the bottom to claim the title from JBotts who was at least competent. I’m kind of surprised Kim Pegula didn’t try on the ruby slippers. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

But the question is, is it a puppet so they can be more involved or so Krueger can make player decisions at every level?

Also idk if he is a puppet. I think it is premature and while I am extremely hesitant, I will let them play this out because that is what I can do. 

It's definitely way too early to say he's merely some incompetent shell of a person plucked to be a Yes man, for sure. I hope he's not. I would like to believe like you say/hint, Krueger was involved in this decision and thinks him and Adams can pair together well, with Krueger gaining more power/control in the organization

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There is no question in my mind that Adams is the GM, not a placeholder.

The "worst case scenario" is this as far as I'm concerned.

It beats the hell out of Jason getting another offseason. So I'm net-happy. A little reserved though because who the hell is Adams

• Like (+1) 2

Ralph and his mindset would most likely be very legit for a GM post - have him hire Rikard Gronborg and were off to a good start. Get some fire and balls behind the bench.
Unfortunatly it looks like NJD is closing in to make a deal with Rikard.

Bye bye Jason, aint missing you a bit.

giphy.gif

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As your posts will always lack class, no matter how you say you've changed.

If you want to say I lack class, fine.

Am I wrong?  No matter what Tim and Kerry do, you will not be happy.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Gentlemen, please. The quick veer to our collective toxic tendencies will surely offend. Might I suggest that once social distancing is over you meet up and hug it out?

Better check the old prison wallets before that hug.

• Haha (+1) 2