Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That means they like the direction Kruger was going and that he and Botteril weren't on the same page. Kruger won.

Yeah. Remember the post from Chad D. about how there were multiple disconnects between Botterill and Krueger? We sort of kicked that around, and maybe "meh'd" it a bit, but I think it wound be being prescient.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm gonna hope while I still can that -

Philosophical differences involved jason being content to lean on the kids for all major holes, and the pegulas/ralph wanting better for the immediate roster 

Krueger/Adams reconfiguring the organization means that they both work to establish a competent real GM and one of the available good coaches, and we wind up with the organizational structure we have been pining for, and Krueger's year of observations and study have pointed him in this direction, him convincing the pegs that Jason and that structure would never work 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Philosophical differences? What did they discuss when they interviewed him a few years ago?

Or just a few weeks ago when Kim told everyone he wasn't going anywhere?

This really makes the Sabres & Kim look like they are running a very well run organization...........

Did he say All Lives Matter or the 'N' Word recently? Or did they really not want to sign Laaksonen/Really liked Pilut?

Edited by apuszczalowski

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah. Remember the post from Chad D. about how there were multiple disconnects between Botterill and Krueger? We sort of kicked that around, and maybe "meh'd" it a bit, but I think it would be being prescient.

It's not like there was a great option, but we did just keep the guy who refused to play Skinner with Eichel.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I'm gonna hope while I still can that -

Philosophical differences involved jason being content to lean on the kids for all major holes 

Krueger/Adams reconfiguring the organization means that they both work to establish a competent real GM and one of the available good coaches, and we wind up with the organizational structure we have been pining for, and Krueger's year of observations and study have pointed him in this direction, him convincing the pegs that Jason and that structure would never work 

Maybe we will finally stop drafting like a drunken college kid playing NHL19

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Or just a few weeks ago when Kim told everyone he wasn't going anywhere?

This really makes the Sabres & Kim look like they are running a very well run organization...........

Did he say All Lives Matter or the 'N' Word recently? Or did they really not want to sign Laaksonen?

I wonder if Pilut bolting was the straw. 

• Like (+1) 1

They certainly aren’t the first owners to give their guy a vote of confidence and fire him a few weeks later.

And firing Jason is an outstanding move. His team-building failures, let’s just say they are too many to count.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hasn't he been there since the Pegulas bought the team?

Given what we've been hearing/reading about the Pegual's, if he has been there that long and has no experience, sounds like they went and got a puppet 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That was always a jason fib. If it is Adams (who has been here and seen the last few years) or a competent gm, we never have to hear anything like that again 

Are you hinting that Adams is temporary, and that he and Ralph will hire a new coach? And then Ralph will take over for Kevyn?

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

LaFontaine, Murray, Botterill, Adams. Terry likes 'em young and inexperienced, too grateful to speak truth to power.

Like in the other thread, wasn’t LaLa president? I thought he hired GMTM.

Just now, dudacek said:

Cant wait for the narrative to surface that Jack got another GM fired.
Botterill got Botterill fired. 

He was a bad GM.

I agree.  He was horrible.

But I do think that Eichel's recent comments stirred the pot a bit.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Given what we've been hearing/reading about the Pegual's, if he has been there that long and has no experience, sounds like they went and got a puppet 

But the question is, is it a puppet so they can be more involved or so Krueger can make player decisions at every level?

Also idk if he is a puppet. I think it is premature and while I am extremely hesitant, I will let them play this out because that is what I can do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

Like in the other thread, wasn’t LaLa president? I thought he hired GMTM.

It's PA.  Facts aren't going to be a thing here.

Like when they hired some guy named Rex Ryan--an inexperienced, puppet coach.  Right?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

But the question is, is it a puppet so they can be more involved or so Krueger can make player decisions at every level?

Also idk if he is a puppet. I think it is premature and while I am extremely hesitant, I will let them play this out because that is what I can do. 

And if nothing else, bodies always get moved around after a GM change.  So we at least have something interesting to look out for.