Kim Pegula returning next season- Kim Pegula

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

And yet here you are complaining that this site is not worth the time?  Rather odd, but whatever.

Yeah I know one more shot in the dark,  just whistling in the wind and and hoping the mods wake up and realize the potential of the site. I mean listen to what a great writer is saying and not the ones who have kept away many who could contribute. I mean come on dude, he's correct, try and post something during the season that runs contrary to analytics and see what happens. Try and say that the Sabres are making a good move or playing well or anything basically positive and just watch the pack come after you. Embrace civility!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Yeah I know one more shot in the dark,  just whistling in the wind and and hoping the mods wake up and realize the potential of the site. I mean listen to what a great writer is saying and not the ones who have kept away many who could contribute. I mean come on dude, he's correct, try and post something during the season that runs contrary to analytics and see what happens. Try and say that the Sabres are making a good move or playing well or anything basically positive and just watch the pack come after you. Embrace civility!

This is 100% false.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

You should have tried being a critic of Terry on February 22, 2011. That was fun. You have to have a thick skin to post on a sports message board. If you can get through the abuse from little rocket men and hairy Korab men, you'll find most of the responses are crowd-sourcing challenges that make you improve your position. We had a trial and everything. His Honourable Judge Pheromonius Smell even ruled in my favor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

This is 100% false.

You guys laugh and are skeptical, but it's true.  Many of my posts are anti-analytics and positive.  No one ever attacked me for it, except for maybe a handful of not regular contributors, who I never pay any attention to anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, john wawrow said:

Why not just ask me, rather than speculating.

You say not nefarious but not coincidence, suggesting there was some sort of agenda here.

Again, you could’ve asked nicely and I’d gladly answer this question.

But the continued skepticism in this thread alone leaves me wondering what it is this board actually wants:

Answers or the comfort of posting mere speculation in order to justify one’s smarts knowing they wouldn’t be called out on it.

Ive for one poster going on and on and on trying to convince either me or himself that they’re not asking me for sources (he is).

And then this.

If you cant figure out why I’m skeptical in regards to this board being welcoming, based on this thread alone, well I guess we’ll never know.

sheesh

jw

Here's where I am at.

You've been doing this long enough by now that you should learn how to ignore the few over the many.  Most people seek to condemn before they seek to understand.  It's easier to just dismiss and attack than it is to stop, contemplate, and inquire for more information. This problem is only magnified when it comes to the line of work you are in.

Now, your big problem is taking the posts of a few and lumping them together and constituting that as "the board". Imagine some of us looking at the disingenuous and ignorant articles and rants that your peers make and then just lumping you in with them.  Clearly it's not right. Do you want to be held to the standards you project or would you prefer I choose a random Buffalo media personality and just subscribe their standards to you?  I think the answer is clear.  Conversely, I think by lumping "the board" into the conversation you are asking for people to react, as they should.

What exacerbates the problem is how you choose to respond to those who doubt you. You do inflect a tone of superiority against the "lowly board members". By insulting the masses because of the few you force others into a position to either defend themselves from you or to somehow encourage you to stick around. Those who defend themselves add fuel to your fire of "being attacked en mass" and those who encourage you to stick around must do so, so vociferously, that it comes across with some level of idolization, or at the very least, a supplication to you in defense of some projected victimization that, at least to me, is not real.  Have people questioned you? Yes. Are they reflective of the masses? I don't think so.  

Don't disrespect the board by assuming we cannot all read the situation as it is unfolding. Your continuing insistence of a situation is no more, or less, than what you claim others are doing to you. The problem is that you keep referring to the board as being party to these actions when, in fact, it's only a few. I think it's clear why people get upset over that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You should have tried being a critic of Terry on February 22, 2011. That was fun. You have to have a thick skin to post on a sports message board. If you can get through the abuse from little rocket men and hairy Korab men, you'll find most of the responses are crowd-sourcing challenges that make you improve your position. We had a trial and everything. His Honourable Judge Pheromonius Smell even ruled in my favor.

It should also be noted the poster in question got an official warning from a Mod, so it's not like it went by unnoticed/the mods are facilitating that kind of argument, to be fair to the mods. 

The incident in question, a poster was told to "eff off" by an individual after a moderate personal insult towards said individual. Wrong response, but what triggered it surely isn't part of a welcome atmosphere the poster in question seeks. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

i find it strange that PSE apparently can't turn a few bucks on a Tim Hortons store

Kim went to the manager's office and Terry went to the back room to watch security footage of how the coffee was brewed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

i find it strange that PSE apparently can't turn a few bucks on a Tim Hortons store.

It is franchise.  I've heard they like to do things their own way.

51 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Kim went to the manager's office and Terry went to the back room to watch security footage of how the coffee was brewed.

Outstanding.

11 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Not time for TimHo's, they have to focus on the Pegula kiddies overpriced smoothie and salad place around the corner from Tim's.  Can't let it fail.  Have to find a way to keep the kids busy.

Realistically, in uncertain times you jettison the things that are peripheral and not needed so you have time to focus on your core. I'd strongly guess the Pegulas aren't planning on creating a franchise fast-food empire, and the shop wasn't making enough money (with minimal traffic downtown) to be worth the trouble.

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 12:46 AM, MattPie said:

Realistically, in uncertain times you jettison the things that are peripheral and not needed so you have time to focus on your core. I'd strongly guess the Pegulas aren't planning on creating a franchise fast-food empire, and the shop wasn't making enough money (with minimal traffic downtown) to be worth the trouble.

^  We have little room for this kind of logic here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.