Rioting and Looting in Rochester

Andrew Amerk

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just want this all quoted because it deserves to live on for the shameless out of control BS it is. 

You seem happy to attack a dead black man who was killed for no reason what so ever so... 

You wanted this fight so here it is. 

What fight?  I was trying to point out the "rest of the story".   Go ahead and quote me. I've said nothing wrong.  I'm not the one rushing to judgement.

Just now, etiennep99 said:

Yeah. He reacted to the cop in 2017 because he was STUPID (not because he was black, but because he was stupid) and ANTISOCIAL.   If you think that White cops hate Black people, the last thing a smart person does is try to do is give the cop a reason to attack you.  

He reacted to a cop trying to search his car for no reason because he was anti-social. Right, love how often you try to deny systematic racism but this just keeps getting better. 

I got a parking ticket in 2012, I told the cop that I didn't think it was fair. Guess if someone runs me down in a car while jogging and kills me that is justified because I talked back to a cop once. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Say that everything you said are facts about Arbery’s past actually are facts (I have my doubts.) None of that justifies his murder, and it was murder and it’s the reason those have been charged with murder.

If he was white, he would still be alive.

You don't know that. It's a hypothetical.  And I'm sure that there are LOTS of Whites killed by cops.  I know this to be true.  The FBI keeps stats. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He reacted to a cop trying to search his car for no reason because he was anti-social. Right, love how often you try to deny systematic racism but this just keeps getting better. 

I got a parking ticket in 2012, I told the cop that I didn't think it was fair. Guess if someone runs me down in a car while jogging and kills me that is justified because I talked back to a cop once. 

Did you charge the cop swearing at him?

What fight?  I was trying to point out the "rest of the story".   Go ahead and quote me. I've said nothing wrong.  I'm not the one rushing to judgement.

You told me to empathize with the 2 white guys who killed Arbery. Are you kidding? You are so deep down your rabbit hole you can't even see the light. There's no empathy there. They followed him, got out of a truck with a gun, and then a confrontation ensued. They are responsible. You don't get to follow people and assume they are armed. What if was legally armed. It is Georgia, last I knew I can open carry. Hell I got my haircut there once and some dipshit white guy was carrying a colt 45 in plain sight. Guess I should have shot him! He might have trespassed in a house. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, etiennep99 said:

You don't know that. It's a hypothetical.  And I'm sure that there are LOTS of Whites killed by cops.  I know this to be true.  The FBI keeps stats. 

Did you charge the cop swearing at him?

That does not justify 2 random white guys murdering someone 3 years later. Holy crap how do you not understand that. 

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So looting and rioting somehow does?  Or does it just act as an easy excuse for criminals to engage in criminal behavior under the guise of "protest"?

It does.  Something has to promote/force change.  Nonviolence hasn't worked for 60 years.  60 YEARS.  Police continue to kill people of color. What's the alternative?  Negotiation is easier if you're not the skin color that's being killed by the police regularly.

• Like (+1) 1

Did you rob a Walmart and resist arrest too?

lol you love leaving out details. Here I will use a source you are avidly reading. Notice we don't get the conclusion of the tv story. AND STILL THAT DOES NOT JUSTIFY 2 RANDOM GUYS DRIVING HIM DOWN AND SHOOTING HIM. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-shoplifting-video

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

That does not justify 2 random white guys murdering someone 3 years later. Holy crap how do you not understand that. 

Do you understand that when a judge sentences someone to jail, the entire prior record comes into play??  Do you realize

that at trial, prior records are often admitted too?  Arbery was a legitimate suspect to crimes in process.   

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He can’t even get his name correct.

I'll use this one to try to recover the thread.  There was talk in here earlier about the people out there taking advantage of these protests.  I watched most of the coverage out of Raleigh last night.  At one point, I forget the time but probably after midnight, one of the three reporters approached a group of 5 or 6 20 somethings to interview them.  The first woman he talked to did not know George Floyd's name.  She then mentioned how she goes from city to city for these events.  Another in the group then quickly jumped in and started spouting off very cliche "I'm from here" responses.  The first one screwed up and went off the script, so to say, and the second stepped in and tried to clean it up.  But she was very clearly making it up.

These are the people we need to worry about during these events.  Are they there just to destroy stuff?  Do they want to derail the cause?  Who knows, but they're clearly there for chaos.

Those on the street interviews are really interesting stuff though.  I saw just about every single angle among the people out there.  That in a way shows exactly why these things go bad, thousands of people out there and hundreds of different reasons.

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Mods...

@nfreeman @spndnchz

He's a thread killer.  Sometimes people just need to just leave it alone, let a post or two be a clear example of who that person is, and not respond to it.  He's the message board version of what I just described above.

• Like (+1) 1

Got the conclusion of the TV story. He was charged with Theft. There we go. Still doesn't justify his lynching. 

Do you understand that when a judge sentences someone to jail, the entire prior record comes into play??  Do you realize

that at trial, prior records are often admitted too?  Arbery was a legitimate suspect to crimes in process.   

YOU DON"T GET TO KILL SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY MIGHT HAVE COMMITTED A CRIME?\

What about George Floyd? Guess that was all fine and dandy.