Rioting and Looting in Rochester

Andrew Amerk

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I hadn’t heard that. That’s ridiculous.

Still trying to figure out why you assumed it was a AntiFa over something else that would have way more to gain by doing it.

Ok. Since you don’t totally buy the AntiFa theory do you have your own?

I based my thought on what I’ve seen in a few other videos and what I’ve read. White people dressed in all black using terms like comrade showing up to charged events to stoke the flames. There is a possibility it’s something or someone else. 

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ok. Since you don’t totally buy the AntiFa theory do you have your own?

I based my thought on what I’ve seen in a few other videos and what I’ve read. White people dressed in all black using terms like comrade showing up to charged events to stoke the flames. There is a possibility it’s something or someone else. 

I’m not saying it wasn’t. I really don’t know. I think they are poison and totally capable of this garbage.

i just think there are plenty of groups that would benefit from that in today’s America.

15 hours ago, WildCard said:

There's quite a graphic video of men beating another man and a woman with a 2x4 on what appears to be Marshal Street 

They weren’t the owners of the store, they lived upstairs from it. 

And if you listen close to the video, the woman dropped the n word which prompted things. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

11 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, one thing that is missing...or not that apparent..is the endgame for the protesters.  I haven't been watching this on tv hour by hour, but I have checked in on the news..and i want to know...what is it the protesters want exactly....the only 2 things I have heard so far "our voices to be heard" and "justice for Floyd/against the officer".   now, that may be all well and good and make the feel better, but what changes things in the long run?  I don't see anything so far.

Who is the leader of the protesters, and what exactly do they want?  Are there specific proposals for things that can be put into law to make changes going forward?  Do they want more oversight of the police?  360 degree cameras on all police cars like Tesla Sentry mode? I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk either way, but what is the endgame here?

We can't have that 'national discussion' about these issues when that very discussion is only about 'how bad' the issues are or that they 'just exist'.  What are the ideas to change it...what are the ideas the protesters have?  If there is a problem (and there probably is at least a one problem, if not many) how is it fixed?  What are ideas we can discuss going forward and put into place?

The protesters, the one's not looting for fun and profit are genuinely pissed... may take a while to organize and figure out what they want... right now pure anger and understandably so.  Too many B.S. cops and not enough good one's outting them.  System needs to do a better job screening them and checking in regularly to see what their mental state is. Can't prevent all yahoos... but gotta be better than this... 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

The protesters, the one's not looting for fun and profit are genuinely pissed... may take a while to organize and figure out what they want... right now pure anger and understandably so.  Too many B.S. cops and not enough good one's outting them.  System needs to do a better job screening them and checking in regularly to see what their mental state is. Can't prevent all yahoos... but gotta be better than this... 

So we have crap cops and fake protesters. 

Great. 

• Sad 1

Since this is a hockey board, let me make this metaphor.  If you got consistently wrist hacked and cup checked for 60 years, 60 YEARS, and the referee did nothing (and in this case instigated it), at some point you would drop the gloves and say "OK, enough is enough, let's go". 

The situations today are literally life or death.  What should we expect?  Calm, reasoned discussion?  It's been 60 years since the civil rights movement.  I don't condone but I understand the outrage.  60 years of discussion hasn't worked.  What will?  Another 60 years?  And how many more will die in those 60 years?  Babies are not born racist, they are taught.  When will this end?

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Since this is a hockey board, let me make this metaphor.  If you got consistently wrist hacked and cup checked for 60 years, 60 YEARS, and the referee did nothing (and in this case instigated it), at some point you would drop the gloves and say "OK, enough is enough, let's go". 

The situations today are literally life or death.  What should we expect?  Calm, reasoned discussion?  It's been 60 years since the civil rights movement.  I don't condone but I understand the outrage.  60 years of discussion hasn't worked.  What will?  Another 60 years?  And how many more will die in those 60 years?  Babies are not born racist, they are taught.  When will this end?

I like the post. To the bold, spot on. If “Grant” depicts Reconstruction correctly it halted after his presidency from a civil rights perspective. There was some progress but the next big step came during the Civil Rights Movement around 80 or 90 years later. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Taken from Twitter:

Message from Cleveland police tonight: “No media is allowed downtown unless they are inside their place of business. Period.”
@CLEpolice

The police are out of control.  They’ve shot at and arrested credentialed media and press.  They’ve been complicit in some of the violence.  The veil is off and they are having a tantrum now.  And in riot gear they can do it anonymously.  This behavior is exactly why there is rioting to begin with.

Thank God we aren’t seeing this crap locally.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Tondas said:

This is not logic and discussion.  It's a feeling from experience.  I've been married to a black woman for greater than 20 years.  I can listen, but I still struggle to feel since I'm white.  She told me once, "How would you feel going to a restaurant where you were the only white person?  Uncomfortable, huh?  Yeah, that's what I go through every single day."   That's a restaurant, imagine if it were the police.

I've had several black friends.  My impression is that their fitting in depends on their attitude.  If they are willing to (as some perjoritively call it)  "play whitey's game", then they get along quite well and are well accepted.  I think that studies on campuses might indicate that lone blacks might even perform better academically if not socially, as we've all seen minority groups self-segregate when they get large enough.

In high school my buddy and I were "nerds" and sat at a nerd table.  One semester one of the few black fellows at my school sat at our table.  We welcomed him. Decent guy, but he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, and we had little to talk about.  I can imagine that it was really hard for him.

I've lived in places where they try to get you to speak Spanish instead of English.  Frustrating.  I don't understand why I, as a native North American, speak more Spanish than an immigrant who has lived here for years can speak English.  How do you live without speaking the language?

If _you_ really want to "feel" what it likes to be a minority, take a trip to hood.   Not feeling it yet?  Take a trip to Africa.  Or China.  Or India.   Billions upon Billions of non-whites there for you to get the picture.

Or wait a little bit of time. North America and Europe are the only places with significant White populations.   Demographic changes being what they are, it won't be long before Whites are no longer the super-majority in the USA.

Speaking as someone who has been assaulted by Blacks on numerous occasions, badly injured too, I feel like a lot of their problems are self-inflicted.   Like that Aubry Daubery guy swearing and threatening a cop for just running his driver's license (while he was parked in a crazy place, driving a car on a suspended license, and smoking pot) (or like him "jogging" 10 miles from home in an all white neighborhood, stopping to trespass IN at least one person's home on multiple occasions.)    Or like riotting and looting instead of trying to address their root cause of their complaints.  I don't riot and loot because I don't want to be rioted against and looted myself (viz. The Golden Rule).   I try to judge people by the content of their character.  Rioters show little character.  Still,  It _is_ hard to empathize with a people who have very high crime rates and who have personally attacked and injured you (there is much more black on white crime than white on black crime; that's just a fact.)  

14 hours ago, nucci said:

not be killed  just because they are black?

This meme must stop.  People are not killing people because they are Black.  Sure, it might be possible that some Black crime suspects are treated worse than they deserve; but they committed a crime first.  Aubry Daubry "jogger" had a record, past violence towards cops, was trespassing IN at least one house, and likely started the physical altercation that got him killed. George Lloyd was caught passing a fake 20. Yes, a person could easily unwittingly do that.  And yes, what happened to him WAS MURDER, but it wasn't murder without any pretext.  Since the perp cop and Lloyd knew each other, there could be a back-story here that we don't know about; we shouldn't rush to judgement.  We've seen stories in the past that, once the full story came out, the cops were exonerated.    But yes, George Lloyd was MURDERED.

17 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

I've had several black friends.  My impression is that their fitting in depends on their attitude.  If they are willing to (as some perjoritively call it)  "play whitey's game", then they get along quite well and are well accepted.  I think that studies on campuses might indicate that lone blacks might even perform better academically if not socially, as we've all seen minority groups self-segregate when they get large enough.

In high school my buddy and I were "nerds" and sat at a nerd table.  One semester one of the few black fellows at my school sat at our table.  We welcomed him. Decent guy, but he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, and we had little to talk about.  I can imagine that it was really hard for him.

I've lived in places where they try to get you to speak Spanish instead of English.  Frustrating.  I don't understand why I, as a native North American, speak more Spanish than an immigrant who has lived here for years can speak English.  How do you live without speaking the language?

If _you_ really want to "feel" what it likes to be a minority, take a trip to hood.   Not feeling it yet?  Take a trip to Africa.  Or China.  Or India.   Billions upon Billions of non-whites there for you to get the picture.

Or wait a little bit of time. North America and Europe are the only places with significant White populations.   Demographic changes being what they are, it won't be long before Whites are no longer the super-majority in the USA.

Speaking as someone who has been assaulted by Blacks on numerous occasions, badly injured too, I feel like a lot of their problems are self-inflicted.   Like that Aubry Daubery guy swearing and threatening a cop for just running his driver's license (while he was parked in a crazy place, driving a car on a suspended license, and smoking pot) (or like him "jogging" 10 miles from home in an all white neighborhood, stopping to trespass IN at least one person's home on multiple occasions.)    Or like riotting and looting instead of trying to address their root cause of their complaints.  I don't riot and loot because I don't want to be rioted against and looted myself (viz. The Golden Rule).   I try to judge people by the content of their character.  Rioters show little character.  Still,  It _is_ hard to empathize with a people who have very high crime rates and who have personally attacked and injured you (there is much more black on white crime than white on black crime; that's just a fact.)  

Yes. A nurse asleep in her bed being shot eIght times was self inflicted.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Yes. A nurse asleep in her bed being shot eIght times was self inflicted.

I saw a video last week of a black nurse beating up a white nursing home patient.    Bad people do bad things.  It doesn't have to be because of skin color.

2 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

This meme must stop.  People are not killing people because they are Black.  Sure, it might be possible that some Black crime suspects are treated worse than they deserve; but they committed a crime first.  Aubry Daubry "jogger" had a record, past violence towards cops, was trespassing IN at least one house, and likely started the physical altercation that got him killed. George Lloyd was caught passing a fake 20. Yes, a person could easily unwittingly do that.  And yes, what happened to him WAS MURDER, but it wasn't murder without any pretext.  Since the perp cop and Lloyd knew each other, there could be a back-story here that we don't know about; we shouldn't rush to judgement.  We've seen stories in the past that, once the full story came out, the cops were exonerated.    But yes, George Lloyd was MURDERED.

He wasn’t in the house. He was on the property. 

13 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

Camera's don't lie. He was IN the house.

Ooo, that sounds so scary. You know it was a house under construction, right. Since when is trespassing punishable by death, without a trail even?

He would not be dead if he was white.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ooo, that sounds so scary. You know it was a house under construction, right. Since when is trespassing punishable by death, without a trail even?

He would not be dead if he was white.

You don't know that.   The coronor said that Daubry likely started the physical altercation and likely caused the gun to go off. What do YOU know that the coronor doesn't know?

Maybe we just don't hear about the Whites who are unjustly injured/killed by cops?   Media bias? (We all know that the MSM is extremely left-leaning).

It's an election year.  Biden said "you ain't Black if you don't vote Democrat".   Obviously there's a lot of stoking of fires going on.

This thread is tiresome.  Want to know what it is to be Black in a "White World", try being a Christian and a Conservative on an extremely Left-leaning, anti-Christian website like Sabrespace. 

13 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

You don't know that.   The coronor said that Daubry likely started the physical altercation and likely caused the gun to go off. What do YOU know that the coronor doesn't know?

Maybe we just don't hear about the Whites who are unjustly injured/killed by cops?   Media bias? (We all know that the MSM is extremely left-leaning).

It's an election year.  Biden said "you ain't Black if you don't vote Democrat".   Obviously there's a lot of stoking of fires going on.

This thread is tiresome.  Want to know what it is to be Black in a "White World", try being a Christian and a Conservative on an extremely Left-leaning, anti-Christian website like Sabrespace. 

What a load of garbage. You are tiresome.

5 hours ago, Tondas said:

Or black people are Ryan Miller, the police are Milan Lucic, and white people are the rest of the Sabres team.

1 hour ago, etiennep99 said:

Considering what you wrote up until this bolded, you should call yourself a hypocrite but since you didn't I will. You are a hypocrite. 

Doesn't matter. He was trespassing.  It's a crime.   And while nothing was taken from that house, other houses were broken into and had things stolen. Like the guy who "killed" Daubry had his gun stolen during one of these crime sprees.   Can't you emphathize with these guys?  There's been a load of house and car break-ins.  His neighbor has video of this kid trespassing on his property.  The day in question, he was trespassing again.  The white father is a former cop who had investigated Daubry before and knew that he was a bad apple, and might have a gun on him.  Can't you see how this would make people scared?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Considering what you wrote up until this bolded, you should call yourself a hypocrite but since you didn't I will. You are a hypocrite. 

Where?  Where did I rush to judgement???   Are we even speaking the same language??   The coronor said that Daubry started the altercation and caused the gun to go off.  The video seems to show the same thing.   You know, pointing out the other side of the story isn't a rush to judgement, especially when it is MORE authoritative.  On what basis do y'all claim to know what really happened?  I'll tell you . It's anti-white racism. Whites are always guilty until proven innocent.  That's what y'all seem to be saying.