Rioting and Looting in Rochester

Andrew Amerk

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Yeah, but don't you think it's been far to long that there has been this injustice in our system and no doubt blacks being abused by police. Don't shoot me for saying this. I'm not black and my son is a police officer.

I’m not saying the anger is unjustified. I just don’t agree with saying it’s ok to burn one building but not another simply because it fits a personal feeling.

28 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You are asking and answering your own question.

People have been having this conversation. The problem is, the people who can actually do something about it (mayors, police chiefs, legislators, etc.) haven’t given a *****. Now maybe they have to.

I certainly am NOT answering my own question.

Read my original post again, I am referencing to what is being reported in most of the mainstream media (whatever side you watch, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) there is very little if ANY discussion at all about specific proposals going forward.

If that discussion is happening....it certainly is not happening in a very public way..and that is my point.  The specifics of what has to be done need to be out there in the open...certainly that is not the case now..and that is not what the protesters are getting across to the vast majority of people witnessing all this.  Are they unhappy...yep, we get that. What specifically do you want done?  Not many people know.

If I'm missing that, please let me know. Because as far as I know....

Protesters are protesting because they want conditions changed so this doesn't happen again, right?

If so, what specifically do they want changed?

Edited by mjd1001

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Read my original post again, I am referencing to what is being reported in most of the mainstream media (whatever side you watch, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) there is very little if ANY discussion at all about specific proposals going forward.

If that discussion is happening....it certainly is not happening in a very public way..and that is my point.  The specifics of what has to be done need to be out there in the open...certainly that is not the case now..and that is not what the protesters are getting across to the vast majority of people witnessing all this.  Are they unhappy...yep, we get that. What specifically do you want done?  Not many people know.

Pretty sure they want to stop being killed by cops for being black.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Protesters are protesting because they want conditions changed so this doesn't happen again, right?

It takes two sides to discuss.  For all too long only one side has been talking.

The laws are in place.  It’s rarely implemented, and that is a huge chunk of the issue.  What is needed is reform of training, recruitment, and a dismantling of the thin blue line that prevents good cops from pointing out bad cops.  The other side of the discussion needs to come from within the law enforcement fraternity.  The people have been talking for decades.  The other side needs to step up to the table.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Why?

The organizations stated purpose is enough for it to be burned the the ground.  Commemoration of racists and traitors. 

...but you already knew that. 

They also hung a noose around Jefferson Davis' neck and tagged the statue of Lee. 2 more thumbs up from me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The organizations stated purpose is enough for it to be burned the the ground.  Commemoration of racists and traitors. 

They also hung a noose around Jefferson Davis' neck and tagged the statue of Lee. 2 more thumbs up from me.

If the burning spread to your house or your job and you lost something you cared about would you say it’s ok because at least a certain building was burned too? 

For some people the justification of one act is used to justify another.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

For some people the justification of one act is used to justify another.

The story of human conflict. Truman incinerated 100,000 innocent lives in an instant and 100,000 more in the ensuing fallout. 
 Violence is ugly in any form. I can say this for a fact as a man who has been involved in many violent encounters. I can’t stand to see it any more but deep down in there I still have the trigger to become violent. For a lot of people that were born into a violent environment, it is difficult to learn restraint. Very possible, very difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is not logic and discussion.  It's a feeling from experience.  I've been married to a black woman for greater than 20 years.  I can listen, but I still struggle to feel since I'm white.  She told me once, "How would you feel going to a restaurant where you were the only white person?  Uncomfortable, huh?  Yeah, that's what I go through every single day."   That's a restaurant, imagine if it were the police.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

not be killed  just because they are black?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm emotionally invested in this topic so I apologize for the many posts.  The civil rights movement was 60 years ago.  I'll be dead, but what happens in another 60 years from now if nothing changes.  That's 120 years.  Who will stop ‘this madness’?  if not us, then who, if not now, then when?’

Edited by Tondas

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1366681766851033&id=822368361282379&d=null&vh=e

AntiFa taking advantage of the situation to divide? I believe it. 

It only takes a minute of googling to find images of Proud Boys and Boogaloo Bois in those riots as well.  Note the Igloo patches,  Hawaiian shirts, and white supremacy hand signs.  Look up Boogaloo to get the significance of the patches and shirts.  Don't pretend that the far right isn't well represented in the chaos here.  You can bet their aim is destabilization too.  Boogaloo is shorthand for civil war 2 afterall.

image.thumb.png.757672e5dccbae6865154724a472a21c.pngimage.thumb.png.c7f85a6273e5b3c8c523127d1256eb42.pngimage.thumb.png.2aa33a2fd3b5419f5ea0447a2177623f.pngimage.png.b6f63c750b77b21379578d1620f76014.png

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

It only takes a minute of googling to find images of Proud Boys and Boogaloo Bois in those riots as well.  Note the Igloo patches,  Hawaiian shirts, and white supremacy hand signs.  Look up Boogaloo to get the significance of the patches and shirts.  Don't pretend that the far right isn't well represented in the chaos here.  You can bet their aim is destabilization too.  Boogaloo is shorthand for civil war 2 afterall.

image.thumb.png.757672e5dccbae6865154724a472a21c.pngimage.thumb.png.c7f85a6273e5b3c8c523127d1256eb42.pngimage.thumb.png.2aa33a2fd3b5419f5ea0447a2177623f.pngimage.png.b6f63c750b77b21379578d1620f76014.png

This is the 21st Century, right?  In America, right?

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

This is the 21st Century, right?  In America, right?

I'm more than halfway home.  I worry for what my son is going to live through alot more than what I will.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Here's what I know about their stated purpose. 

https://hqudc.org/

Even if you personally still consider this racist...it's no excuse to burn down their property.  But you already knew that. 

• Like (+1) 1