Eichel’s End of Season Zoom Meeting/Now with Risto Quotes.

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I clearly qualified my comment.

Not quite - a better qualifier would have been 

"An ROR trade lover's guide to applying ROR trade justification logic to other self-kneecapping possibilities, particularly those on a grander scale in more-dire surrounding roster circumstances, peer review pending: "

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Alternate view and hot take: the Sabres can lose with or without Jack Eichel. How many regimes are going to be ousted because not enough is put in place around him to overcome some deficiency of his? It's odd hearing some of these guys sound like they're not part of the problem.

O guess they learned that when you call yourself out for not being good enough you get traded for a bunch of chumps.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

At first I thought that was a replay of last years interview.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Eichel deserves better. This could get ugly as I am sure Mr & Mrs. Dumbass would never approve trading Jack.

Well I wouldn’t either; we are all suffering but at least he gets paid to do so.

If I had to guess Eichel and ROR likely did have some bad blood but not enough to warrant a trade. Remember Matt Duchene and at least two other players have had this kind of love hate relationship with ROR. He may just not be a great teammate for a long bit of time but a great guy thus short stints work fine. Winning also likely helps with his seemingly negative vibe he gave while here.

20 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Does anyone remember which media personality started the whole "Eichel and O'Reilly don't get along" thing? 

And who were the suckers who quickly believed it. ?

And then started to hate or dislike ROR from the day he said what he Said about “lost love for the game” Etc. and for some even hated him from the moment he had his TH incident. ?

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Eichel deserves better. This could get ugly as I am sure Mr & Mrs. Dumbass would never approve trading Jack.

Eichel has to make what he deserves. He was drafted to a bad team, but he's not entitled to anything and he chose to re-sign here long-term.

As to approving trading him, sure they would. They care about their reputation and they're generally empathetic as well. If Eichel lashes out and starts going AWOL or just starts collecting his paychecks, or if he demands a trade, they'll clear it. Remember, if Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded.

I always go back to the simple (and agreeably soooo over-the-top trade it's not really viable except that it happened) Herschel Walker trade. Buffalo stinks (like the Cowboys did) so they have they own high draft capital. If some team offers a Herschel Walker deal for Eichel I would take it, because I trust in my own GM-capability that I can ice half a team in what I get in exchange. It's riskier in the NHL than the NFL because the draft picks are younger, but still the overall the assets could net half a roster.

Note: I wouldn't accept a Herschel trade until after I see what I have in Dahlin and Cozens (ala Aikman and Irvin/Norton, who were already on the Cowboys at the time of the trade. If I trust them, then it's a done deal).

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Does anyone remember which media personality started the whole "Eichel and O'Reilly don't get along" thing? 

35 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I believe that was one Paul Hamilton 

For. Sure.

Hamilton was downright insistent on the matter. I do recall that at least some of his reporting on that subject was based on his own ... observations of the team's dynamic. Non-verbal stuff, etc. I do not recall whether Hamilton also said his reporting on that subject was "sourced." But I feel like it must've been.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Maybe, but are you denying that your post was not designed and presented in such a way that you knew what the response would be?  It's the way you are and we all love you for it.

I was hoping for more than a fanboi response. It's good to consider all angles. Maybe Jack is such a massive Masshole he's intolerable to his teammates and there's a toxic atmosphere in the lockerroom. It's not just put your stick on the ice and be the team's best player and get absolved of all blame for one terrible year after another.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I was hoping for more than a fanboi response. It's good to consider all angles. Maybe Jack is such a massive Masshole he's intolerable to his teammates and there's a toxic atmosphere in the lockerroom. It's not just put your stick on the ice and be the team's best player and get absolved of all blame for one terrible year after another.

I know what you were hoping for in response, but we both knew that was not what you were going to get, at least from many.

EDIT TO ADD:

For the record, I believe that Eich is as much of the problem as anyone else involved with this dumpster fire of a team.  His skill is not a problem, though.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not quite - a better qualifier would have been 

"An ROR trade lover's guide to applying ROR trade justification logic to other self-kneecapping possibilities, particularly those on a grander scale in more-dire surrounding roster circumstances, peer review pending: "

I didn't love the ROR trade nor did I hate it. The beat went on. Nor do I argue for trading Eichel. But it would be fine with me. Trade the whole team. What are we clinging to? The notion that The Plan is going to gloriously succeed one of these years? Trade the whole team and if we're in a playoff run in the spring of 2021 I can guarantee it's going to be, "Rasmi who?" It's the nature of fandom. I cheer for the crest on the front.

• Like (+1) 1

I listened to the audio of Jack's interview and 95% of it seemed like canned response ***** (to me).  Maybe he was cautiously voicing his opinion at the end but it didn't seem there was enough to infer anything new.  I do however believe something is and has been rotten in Denmark and whatever the ***** it is I wish it would be resolved already regardless of what it takes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I didn't love the ROR trade nor did I hate it. The beat went on. Nor do I argue for trading Eichel. But it would be fine with me. Trade the whole team. What are we clinging to? The notion that The Plan is going to gloriously succeed one of these years? Trade the whole team and if we're in a playoff run in the spring of 2021 I can guarantee it's going to be, "Rasmi who?" It's the nature of fandom. I cheer for the crest on the front.

I liked ROR a lot.  He seemed to have a strong worth ethic which goes a long way in this city.  I was upset about the trade but as a casual observer I figured hockey minds knew better.  His success since leaving wasn't a surprise but it really chaps my hide knowing we let a proven reliable asset like him walk for what was speculated as a squabble.  That to me raised the flag for amateur hour.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, darksabre said:

The amount of praise Krueger gets, versus the distinct lack of praise for Botterill, is...enlightening.

A sensient organization would ingest this sentiment from their franchise player and act on it like shark with blood in the water. Can that squareheaded doof yesterday!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.