Official Lawrence Pilut Signs 2 Year Deal for the KHL

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Hindsight is great, it’s the foresight that’s more tricky. 

I've never really understood this argument. GM's are evaluated on results - the job description is to look good, in hindsight. If things look bad in hindsight, the GM made the wrong calls, didn't have foresight, and isn't a good GM.

That's the job. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Botterbotch!

They presented him with the 1-way after he left, too, so it's not like they weren't willing to do it. Just a failure to properly manage negotiations, regardless of how one feels about Pilut. 

Edited by Thorny

17 hours ago, Thorny said:

Botterbotch!

They presented him with the 1-way after he left, too, so it's not like they weren't willing to do it. Just a failure to properly manage negotiations, regardless of how one feels about Pilut. 

I don't think he was a star, but he was likely a serviceable defenseman if given time.

If all he asked for was a 1-way contract - the results the same, but you at least get a look at him in camp to see if he can stick before you waive/trade him.  

Edited by Drag0nDan

18 hours ago, Thorny said:

Botterbotch!

Yeah, that is frustrating.  He's NHL quality, though still think he's more 3rd pairing than 2nd.  His being on the roster gives them 3 NHL LHD's and helps force the issue of trading a RHD.  (Maybe that was the rub.  Or maybe after discussions with Krueger the 2 felt he'd likely spend significant time in Ra-cha-cha & knowing the directive to not increase costs frivolously decided having another $950k in the A wasn't his best decision for ensuring job security.  Ooops.)

• 2 months later...

So,  I like Pilut and thought he'd be a capable NHL dman.  I wonder what KA thought of the way JB botched the negotiation with Pilut???  I wonder if PIlut has an out in his KHL contract and if KA likes him enough to reach out.  I want to make this team's forwards better and would like to think we could move Montour and Risto in a couple deals to bolster our scoring if we knew Pilut could come back.  I think Pilut is an above average skater and passer and would like to see him back in the B&G.

5 hours ago, IvanPutski said:

So,  I like Pilut and thought he'd be a capable NHL dman.  I wonder what KA thought of the way JB botched the negotiation with Pilut???  I wonder if PIlut has an out in his KHL contract and if KA likes him enough to reach out.  I want to make this team's forwards better and would like to think we could move Montour and Risto in a couple deals to bolster our scoring if we knew Pilut could come back.  I think Pilut is an above average skater and passer and would like to see him back in the B&G.

Are you clairvoyant?  It's like I wrote this.

30 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Are you clairvoyant?  It's like I wrote this.

Nah, I drink too much beer for clairvoyance......

I think Montour can get you Domi and I think Risto can get you an Ehlers type.....

That would leave us with 26, 10, 33, & 19 as our top 4 with Borgen and Bryson in the wings.  Sign a couple cheap vets and away we go.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.