OT - I just fired someone with my fly down the whole time

inkman

OT-Is firing an employees with the barn door open acceptable?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is firing an employee with your fly down acceptable

• Total boss move
    • Kinky inky at it again
    • Who cares
    • It's an open invitation to save your job

So I had to come in early this morning and terminate an employee who didn't pass his 90 day review.  I noticed 5 minutes after that my Willy Wonka was catching a breeze.  I stood at the employee entrance while dozens of employees walked by with my bean bag exposed to the world.

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I find it ridiculous that not a single production worker is friendly enough with you to give you ***** for having your garage door open

A few certainly would but only other department managers for the most part.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So I had to come in early this morning and terminate an employee who didn't pass his 90 day review.  I noticed 5 minutes after that my Willy Wonka was catching a breeze.  I stood at the employee entrance while dozens of employees walked by with my bean bag exposed to the world.

I've seen this video

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I knew her when she was Kim Kerr. She went to my high school.  ?

Wow 

I looked at her wiki page and what a crazy life she has lived! 

Pegula was born in Seoul, South Korea. She has no recollection of her birth name, no record of her biological parents nor any account of her life in South Korea, only her date of birth, a secondhand account of being abandoned in the streets of Seoul at the age of five, and a DNA test that showed one of her parents was likely Japanese. She was brought to the United States and there adopted by Ralph and Marilyn Kerr on December 30, 1974. She grew up with her adopted family in Fairport, New York, a suburb of Rochester.[2] Kim participated in cheerleading and the school band, playing bassoon. After following her brothers' footsteps in enrolling at Houghton College, she and a roommate made plans to venture to Alaska to work near a fishing camp upon hearing there was money to be made. Unable to afford the fare, she applied for work at a restaurant in Olean, New York; while interviewing for a waitressing gig, she met Terry Pegula, who was dining at the restaurant. Terry offered her a job at his natural gas company, and they eventually entered a relationship, marrying in 1993.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, inkman said:

Having fired people before, that is F'n hilarious!  But, I'm sure he was a dick and deserved to be sacked.

Edited by Tondas
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 5/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Wow 

I looked at her wiki page and what a crazy life she has lived! 

Her very early life certainly is a crazy story.

I just can’t help but struggle to get over there being a certain yuck factor to the Pegulas though.  New college graduate waitress meets divorced business man in restaurant and he offers her a job at his company.  They begin a relationship and eventually marry at ages 24 and 42.  Company owner hires and begins relationship with employee 18 years his junior.  Big creepy yuck!

To tie it in with the OP, it really seems like Terry was hiring employees with his fly down as opposed to Inky firing employees with his fly down!

I’m sure they love each other very much and everything, but like I said, I just have a hard time getting past it.

Edited by Curt
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Curt said:

I just can’t help but struggle to get over there being a certain yuck factor to the Pegulas though.  New college graduate waitress meets divorced business man in restaurant and he offers her a job at his company.  They begin a relationship and eventually marry at ages 24 and 42.  Company owner hires and begins relationship with employee 18 years his junior.  Big creepy yuck!

To tie it in with the OP, it really seems like Terry was hiring employees with his fly down as opposed to Inky firing employees with his fly down!

I’m sure they love each other very much and everything, but like I said, I just have a hard time getting past it.

I find it extremely hard.

Ink, what a *****.

Hoo boy b oner is filtered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

This is gold. I'm sure Terry was having a hard time as well.  Plucking early 20 something's for his personal treasure trove.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Lakes, young ladies, the land itself, not to mention hockey teams — natural treasures granted by the Almighty to Terry himself, part of his rightful dominion. What a tool.

He's never come off as a genuine article, that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

He's never come off as a genuine article, that's for sure. 

It's astounding to me that someone who bonded so instantly with the fan base would go on to have almost ZERO interactions with the fan base, especially given his dubious (in my opinion) but accepted claim of being a long-time fan. He simply doesn't talk to us. Unless through the rare post-firing/hiring presser. Social media gives him the perfect opportunity to communicate with his peeps. I know he has a flip phone, but he has kids who could hook him up like Biden (and Kim surely knows how to Zoom). The fact he doesn't talk to us is interesting. Is he so gaffe-prone he doesn't trust himself, or maybe Kim doesn't? Does he fear accidentally speaking the truth, like the time he called into WGR and bragged about how the summer of 2011 was something he wanted to do? Is he truly not a fan and afraid of being exposed? I'd like to get him in a dark alley and make him tell me how he really felt when the puck landed on Mario's stick very late in Game 6 and ended up behind Dom. Where's Perreault? Where's Pegula?

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, inkman said:

I had to have a "counselling session" with a female employee who had an "aroma issue" from a sensitive area.  I was 29 years old at the time.  Most uncomfortable conversation of my career.  HR was of no use.  I'm grateful the conversation went well and I'm not in jail today.  But, if you've supervised people,  you can imagine how difficult it was to start that counselling session.  I'm glad I'm retired.

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

I had to have a "counselling session" with a female employee who had an "aroma issue" from a sensitive area.  I was 29 years old at the time.  Most uncomfortable conversation of my career.  HR was of no use.  I'm grateful the conversation went well and I'm not in jail today.  But, if you've supervised people,  you can imagine how difficult it was to start that counselling session.  I'm glad I'm retired.

Were you a strip club manager because I'm struggling to figure out how that became an issue. 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

Were you a strip club manager because I'm struggling to figure out how that became an issue. 

No, this was a professional office profession (not that I would have minded to work in a strip club in my 20's).  Several employees complained.  HR was, "Whatever you decide is fine with us."  Saying all this, my office of 12 was all female.  There may have been some shenanigans/jealousy/pettiness involved.  But I was 29.  I did the best I could. 

Edited by Tondas

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

No, this was a professional office profession (not that I would have minded to work in a strip club in my 20's).  Several employees complained.  HR was, "Whatever you decide is fine with us."  Saying all this, my office of 12 was all female.  There may have been some shenanigans/jealousy/pettiness involved.  But I was 29.  I did the best I could.

Had no idea you were the inspiration for 'Scent of a Woman'.  "Hoo-ah"

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.