Botterill Returning Next Season- Kim Pegula

Brawndo

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

But remember the fans don't understand...

These facts hurt me so much.  To see this team reduce to irrelevance and a laughing stock.

Maybe they will sell the Sabres to a local interest.  That is all the hope I have left.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2020 at 9:17 AM, PASabreFan said:

Also — I honestly don't believe there was any snark in Kim's fan comment. But she should be smart enough to not say it. And she's not. These are not smart hockey owners!!!!!! Maybe somehow they gain intelligence and moxie when they travel out of the city to OP. I don't really care what they do with the Bills. Please sell the Sabres.

HAM!

HANDS!

C'mon PA, why the "meh" response? The Hamilton/London/Kitchner Sabres has a nice ring to it. Besides,  we might get the Bulldogs AHL franchise to fill the void.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

But remember the fans don't understand...

I suspect if the Sabres DID make the 24-team field, the reaction would be it doesn't really count and they didn't deserve it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Last off season JBOT shrewdly stockpiled defensemen with the strategy of working them into a trade to improve the forwards.  So with all those defensemen we got to see:

1.  7 defensemen dress with 11 forwards and little consistency in the defensive pairings

2.  Miller sit on the bench, regress, and lose value

3.  Scandella get moved for peanuts even though he was really helping Jokiharu with his game,

4.  Bogosian get ice time and lose games for us  -  for nothing

5.  Pilut become an AHL All Star so he can leave to play in Russia.

6.  Dahlin play a style that does not take advantage of his puck handling and play making skills

But hey, out of all this we got "Frolik"  and our PK was just s bad with him as it was without him. 

Add to this the Frolik trade took us over the cap and you have to wonder what "inside information"  Kim and Terry got that we fans did not see?  

Maybe they found out that next year Ralph will try to play Skinner more than 10 minutes a game with garbage forwards? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ottawa's 2017 first round pick just got AHL rookie of the year. Good thing Mitts was rushed to the NHL.

Depending on this draft, the Senators are about to lap the Sabres.

And their 2nd and 4th Round Picks from 2017  were also in Top 6 for scoring in the AHL. That’s three bonafide prospects probably ready to play for Ottawa next season. 

But tell Me again what a wonderful job Botterill has done with Rochester. 

Norris, Batherson and Formenton>>>>>Cozens, Tage and Casey.

Although Cozens is the best of the six when all is said and done. 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:55 PM, Brawndo said:

These people are unbelievable 

I will be spending 0 dollars on the Buffalo Sabres and at PSE or Harbor Center until this condescending turdburger shitshow is over. I have had enough. What a disgrace to the fans and what a disgrace to a once proud franchise. I could put together a team of 5 Sabrespacers and this team would finish higher than it has in the past decade. This quote makes me angrier every time I read it. Here is some information for you Kim, this team is dead last in so many metrics it isn't funny. Your prospect pool is a disaster because you draft like garbage. Your attempts social media and marketing for this team are downright pathetic. Finally the 50th anniversary was the equivalent of the turdburger in design and delivery. What a ***** joke you have made the Sabres. 9 years without playoffs all under the same owners. Piss off with your comment. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Folks need to vote with their pocketbooks.  I feel like there are fans who come to this board to vent but then don’t think twice about shelling out money for season tickets and merch and whatnot.  If you don’t like the product (or worse: don’t even care enough anymore to like or dislike it, which is where I’m at), stop flippin’ paying for it!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, sabremike said:

Sure, let's waste ANOTHER season! Question for all of you OK with this: why weren't you all upset that the Bills didn't give Peterman 4 seasons as the starter? Botts is the Nathan Peterman of hockey GM's: completely incompetent and in way over his head. Why not go out and hire ***** Milbury or Chia as consultants to produce the shittiest front office in the history of North American pro sports. 

Help me out, please. Who’s Chia?

As for Mike Milbury, I’ll pass. Something about his personality rubs me the way way.

On 5/26/2020 at 5:57 PM, LGR4GM said:

They have enough knowledge to think they are right but not enough to know when they are wrong.

This reminds me of the recent Craigslist posting on selling the team.

I just hope they put an end to this disastrous golf foxtrot.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:34 PM, Cascade Youth said:

Folks need to vote with their pocketbooks.  I feel like there are fans who come to this board to vent but then don’t think twice about shelling out money for season tickets and merch and whatnot.  If you don’t like the product (or worse: don’t even care enough anymore to like or dislike it, which is where I’m at), stop flippin’ paying for it!

Don’t give them a reason to move the franchise.

2 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Help me out, please. Who’s Chia?

As for Mike Milbury, I’ll pass. Something about his personality rubs me the way way.

This reminds me of the recent Craigslist posting on selling the team.

I just hope they put an end to this disastrous golf foxtrot.

Peter Chiarelli, the man who turned the Oilers into the sport's biggest laughingstock until we picked up that dubious distinction.

Edited by sabremike

10 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Don’t give them a reason to move the franchise.

This is a such a poor answer. The franchise sucks so spend more money on them or they might move! Okay, move the team. Contractually you can't. Or how about the people making the decisions are held accountable. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The Pegula's are as much the problem as Botterill and Murray were before them.  Coming off a career year Skinner deserved and got the contract he deserved.  However, the way that Krueger utilized him this season was absolutely a joke.  He should be playing with Jack, regardless.   In addition, I do believe that Botterill attempted to acquire a second line center and it just didn't work out in the cards based on offers at the deadline.  That being said, this team needs to jettison more players and clear out some of the flack.  I love Rasmus Ristolainen's game overall.  While he's got his warts, it's time to move him and go in a different direction.  Give the defense over to Dahlin and build from there.  The entire fundamental process needs to change.  In addition, stop trading draft picks for players who are well past their prime.  **Cough**  Wayne Simmonds.  **Cough** Michal Frolik.  I'm not sure what they need to do, but they need to be more creative.  I'm sure Botterill attempts to bring guys in from Europe, but they need to focus more on that, and start elevating the team up in different avenues similarly to how San Jose or Toronto does (with Russian players).  Which pains me to mention the Leafs in any high light. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

The Pegula's are as much the problem as Botterill and Murray were before them.  Coming off a career year Skinner deserved and got the contract he deserved.  However, the way that Krueger utilized him this season was absolutely a joke.  He should be playing with Jack, regardless.   In addition, I do believe that Botterill attempted to acquire a second line center and it just didn't work out in the cards based on offers at the deadline.  That being said, this team needs to jettison more players and clear out some of the flack.  I love Rasmus Ristolainen's game overall.  While he's got his warts, it's time to move him and go in a different direction.  Give the defense over to Dahlin and build from there.  The entire fundamental process needs to change.  In addition, stop trading draft picks for players who are well past their prime.  **Cough**  Wayne Simmonds.  **Cough** Michal Frolik.  I'm not sure what they need to do, but they need to be more creative.  I'm sure Botterill attempts to bring guys in from Europe, but they need to focus more on that, and start elevating the team up in different avenues similarly to how San Jose or Toronto does (with Russian players).  Which pains me to mention the Leafs in any high light. 

We were a pansy team to begin with, losing Risto and Simmonds leaves us with no balls whatsoever.  We need some protection for Jack, Dahlin, Skinner, Olofsson.  Who do we get for that role?

8 minutes ago, Tondas said:

We were a pansy team to begin with, losing Risto and Simmonds leaves us with no balls whatsoever.  We need some protection for Jack, Dahlin, Skinner, Olofsson.  Who do we get for that role?

You can sign players with physicality.  Ristolainen is not going to get any better, and we've seen him for what he is.  It's time to make serious changes.  Ryan Reeves is an unrestricted free agent and will have offers, but there are other ways to add physicality.  Wayne Simmonds, did absolutely nothing for Buffalo.  Re-signing him for anything more than a one year contract is a TERRIBLE use of cap.  Braden McNabb a former Sabre is said to be available.  A left handed defensemen with grit in his game and solid but below average puck mobility.  

Edited by TheCerebral1
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Dalton Smith....

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.