Botterill Returning Next Season- Kim Pegula

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lol.  
Since Jbot took over the Amerks have been in a playoff spot all three seasons including this one after not making the playoffs for a decade. Who cares that Dea only had 39 pts.  This coming season will also be the first season in which a significant number of Jbot’s draftees will be in Roch instead of the crap TM left behind.

Its also not a real argument that he hasn’t exceeded TM best team’s pts.  They were on pace for 80-81 pts this season and the metrics for GA vs the rest of the NHL are vastly over his 3 seasons and I think everyone would agree they would rather the current group then TM’s Kulikov, Franson and Gorges. 

Lol. Cause no one gives a ***** if Rochester wins the f*cking calder cup (generalization, don't shoot me). It's about the Buffalo Sabres. Dea being their best forward DOES matter when the object of the farm club is to stock the big club. The Amerks woefully lack NHL forward prospects. Congrats, they made the playoffs 3 times, once with basically Murray's assembled team, and twice more when the odds are greater than 50/50. Hang a banner.

The second bolded - our defensive metrics have improved a bit, but they generally hadn't even been terrible. It's always been about the offensive metrics, and we haven't improved. More to the point, you are telling me being on an 80.8 point pace, a total Murray exceeded BEFORE being fired, is a positive accomplishment, when it took Botterill THREE YEARS to do it? And Tim reached that point total with a sophomore Jack Eichel, who missed 20 games. 

It's laughable. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Can't trade a top 6 RW for a top 6 C. 

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just a possibility with no one biting on Risto the past few years. If Anaheim wanted to get younger and continue a teardown, and could do a sign-and-trade so they lock up Reinhart, they could send Henrique in return. Then, add whatever additions on both sides to balance it, then it could become a viable hockey trade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just a possibility with no one biting on Risto the past few years. If Anaheim wanted to get younger and continue a teardown, and could do a sign-and-trade so they lock up Reinhart, they could send Henrique in return. Then, add whatever additions on both sides to balance it, then it could become a viable hockey trade.

... I'm sorry Henrique? How ***** fast can I hang up that call?

• Like (+1) 2

Well, wouldn’t have been my move. Must be a primary consideration for Terry and Kim to fix their reputation in the league for being too quick to fire people. And Botts seems to be respected by people around the league, for whatever reason. If I squint I guess I can live with it as a long-term strategy play. And I guess I’ll have to live with it because, hell, what choice do I have? I couldn’t quit these jerks no matter how hard I tried

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I understand the logistics behind what you are constructing but, to me, with this franchise, I have zero interest in making a deal where we aren't the team receiving the best player back in the trade. 

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lol.  
Since Jbot took over the Amerks have been in a playoff spot all three seasons including this one after not making the playoffs for a decade. Who cares that Dea only had 39 pts.  This coming season will also be the first season in which a significant number of Jbot’s draftees will be in Roch instead of the crap TM left behind.

Its also not a real argument that he hasn’t exceeded TM best team’s pts.  They were on pace for 80-81 pts this season and the metrics for GA vs the rest of the NHL are vastly over his 3 seasons and I think everyone would agree they would rather the current group then TM’s Kulikov, Franson and Gorges. 

I want you to name the botterill draftee forwards in Rochester this upcoming season. Have to be drafted by botterill and be a forward. 

33 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lol.  

Two is a significant number? Three if you count Thompson but he was a trade acquisition. And neither Bryson or Mittlestadt were in the Top Five for Scoring on the Amerks.  As a caveat Mittlestadt probably leads the Amerks if he starts in Rochester in October. But that being said an One of the Top Prospects in Any Organization, with over 100 NHL Games Played should dominate the AHL and per the Board’s Regular Rochester Watchers that did not occur. 

This Team with improved their Goals Against still missed the chance at playoffs when 24 Effing Teams are in because they still have some of the worse offensive metrics in the NHL, as a result of Botterill to inability to find enough scoring.  

Also when he does find Kahun,  Krueger forgets to play him for entire period.

And in His Third Season as GM with Jack Eichel’s having Hart Trophy Caliber Year being on pace for 81-82 points is a ***** joke 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I understand the logistics behind what you are constructing but, to me, with this franchise, I have zero interest in making a deal where we aren't the team receiving the best player back in the trade. 

Agreed --- and I selected a name arbitrarily, probably because he's older and on a crappy team that's been bandied about as Risto-trade-fodder. It could have been any name. Cirelli. McDavid. Whatever. More to the point is that if Ristolainen can't get us what we want, then we have to give another resource (or big FA contract to what appears a fairly middling free agent class for centers) that does have value. The problem (JBot's doing) is that we have so little of value to trade because the entire team is UFA/RFA this offseason. The only players worth trading are the ones we want to build around. And I'd include Reinhart in that core.

The only time I can be talked into giving up the best player is if I'm getting an absolute ransom in return (Herschel Walker-style). But those trades are completely unknowable until after Emmitt Smith is selected (which required an additional packaging of said received pick).

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

1000%

Most annoying thing in sports is assuming those in charge are smart just because they are in charge. 'We know more than you' doesn't mean ***** to me when I see where that's gotten us 

Well the quote says "a fan", possibly indicating a singular fan.  So I guess I can't argue the fact that these nincompoops may know more than one person that follows the Sabres.

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Two is a significant number? Three if you count Thompson but he was a trade acquisition. And neither Bryson or Mittlestadt were in the Top Five for Scoring on the Amerks.  As a caveat Mittlestadt probably leads the Amerks if he starts in Rochester in October. But that being said an One of the Top Prospects in Any Organization, with over 100 NHL Games Played should dominate the AHL and per the Board’s Regular Rochester Watchers that did not occur. 

This Team with improved their Goals Against still missed the chance at playoffs when 24 Effing Teams are in because they still have some of the worse offensive metrics in the NHL, as a result of Botterill to inability to find enough scoring.  

Also when he does find Kahun,  Krueger forgets to play him for entire period.

And in His Third Season as GM with Jack Eichel’s having Hart Trophy Caliber Year being on pace for 81-82 points is a ***** joke 

This. All of this. 

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I keep saying this. For this team to only be able to equal Murray's best (poor) squad, when it features a legitimate (like, not Sabres fan legitimate: real, league-wide legitimacy) Hart candidate, really does speak to the ineptitude of the rest of the roster assembly. 

It's saying something. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

*****.  Stop using an excuse for the pegulas incompetence

Whisky tango foxtrot?

"JBottom of the barrel" is NOT, repeat, NOT an excuse for incompetence.  The Pegula's management has been so bad that no one wants to take over what should be an appealing team with some fabulous young players.

They were the yahoos who allowed Murray to go all-in on the tank.  Why a billionaire can be so stupid to think that multiple seasons deliberate failure and undermining the mindset of the youth would be the prelude to success is beyond my ken.

They were so clueless that they were OK with JNot not trading either extra 1st last season for at least one 2-3C, then throwing one away for grins in the Montour trade, and then were fine with JBotch undermining the team after the TDL.  1-16-2 from that news conference to the last 2 games of the season is inexcusable.

I am still waiting for the first line-up since Lindy Ruff was coach which has 4 clear-cut, NHL-quality centres playing on 4 competent NHL lines.  IMHO, if the 12 forwards behind Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart were on the level of Ray-Kruse-Barnaby, Ward-Primeau-Dawe, Varada-Nichol-Tsyplakov, and Rasmussen-Holzinger-Cunneyworth, the Sabres would have made the playoffs the last 2 seasons because at least these guys would all belong in the NHL, albeit barely in some cases.  It is not asking a lot of a GM to get guys of this quality in FA.

Put another way, "in any business, bad management is its own punishment."  The only time I felt worse about this team was during the bankruptcy.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This, and there’s no Eichel among the team’s official post season interview slate. Just McCabe, Okposo, Olofsson (sp?), and Dahlin.

It feels like it’s somehow gonna get worse.

And the cold ring of truth tightens its grip on our collective guts.

I might not get Center Ice next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.