Botterill Returning Next Season- Kim Pegula

Brawndo

This is the right decision as the overall organization is better now then when he got here. The Amerks are much much better.  The pipeline is deeper with legit NHL prospects.  The Sabres are still a work in progress.  The defense is much improved.  However, I agree with the critics that the middle six of the forward group needs significant improvement, which IMHO will come mostly from within.

That said, Jbot still needs to get a 2C if he wants to save his job beyond next season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

We are smart...you are idiots...and if you renew your season tickets you either have a lot of disposable income you don’t care about, or you just continue to believe that this ***** show can’t get any worse. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thanks (+1) 3

This isn’t about the money. They know they stand to lose more in ticket sales then they would owe him.

In the end, as much as I don’t like JBOT, it makes the most sense. If they fire him now, they either have to fire the coach or likely have to fire him after one year. Next year is going to be one last chance for them both to make it work or blow it all up again.

• Like (+1) 2

Don’t love it, but not surprised.  He really needs to retool the middle 6 F’s.

If Sabres crash and burn again next season, fire Botterill, fire Krueger, pay an experienced PoH level guy however much it takes and leave him alone to hire everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Don’t love it, but not surprised.  He really needs to retool the middle 6 F’s.

If Sabres crash and burn again next season, fire Botterill, fire Krueger, pay an experienced PoH level guy however much it takes and leave him alone to hire everyone else.

Sure, let's waste ANOTHER season! Question for all of you OK with this: why weren't you all upset that the Bills didn't give Peterman 4 seasons as the starter? Botts is the Nathan Peterman of hockey GM's: completely incompetent and in way over his head. Why not go out and hire ***** Milbury or Chia as consultants to produce the shittiest front office in the history of North American pro sports. 

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I sure as hell hope they have a little bit more information than a fan does ffs.  

They may have more info, which I could argue they don't, but even if they do have more info, they sure as hell don't know what to do with it. 

And insulting your fanbase isn't gonna win over any fan. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is the right decision as the overall organization is better now then when he got here. The Amerks are much much better.  The pipeline is deeper with legit NHL prospects.  The Sabres are still a work in progress.  The defense is much improved.  However, I agree with the critics that the middle six of the forward group needs significant improvement, which IMHO will come mostly from within.

That said, Jbot still needs to get a 2C if he wants to save his job beyond next season.

Lol

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

They may have more info, which I could argue they don't, but even if they do have more info, they sure as hell don't know what to do with it. 

And insulting your fanbase isn't gonna win over any fan. 

1000%

Most annoying thing in sports is assuming those in charge are smart just because they are in charge. 'We know more than you' doesn't mean ***** to me when I see where that's gotten us 

17 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Sure, let's waste ANOTHER season! Question for all of you OK with this: why weren't you all upset that the Bills didn't give Peterman 4 seasons as the starter? Botts is the Nathan Peterman of hockey GM's: completely incompetent and in way over his head. Why not go out and hire ***** Milbury or Chia as consultants to produce the shittiest front office in the history of North American pro sports. 

Hey man, it wasn’t my idea.  I don’t think Botterill has done a good job.

Also, who the heck is Nathan Peterman?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.