Pegulas suing to keep Strength and Conditioning Coach in the country

LGR4GM

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has denied an immigrant alien worker petition for Edward Anthony Gannon, a native of the United Kingdom who was hired as the team’s strength and conditioning coach in 2015. On Tuesday, Gannon and the Sabres’ owners (formally known as Hockey Western New York, LLC) filed a suit in U.S. District Court against federal immigration officials for wrongly denying the application.

https://theathletic.com/1825510/2020/05/20/sabres-file-suit-against-immigration-officials-in-support-of-team-strength-coach/

Basically the coach is from the UK and apparently got his visa denied. The Pegulas investment in strength and conditioning has been impressive. The facility they built is very nice and I think a reason the Bills were able to stay healthy last year. This coach specifically works with the Sabres.

Edited by LGR4GM

There are public databases where one can see to whom folks give their money.

Yes, it could be a good discussion, but it's not wanted on this board, even when a certain subject clearly enters our sporting world.

I've already said too much.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Poetic justice.

I don’t see how being against illegal immigration and the possible irreversible cultural shift caused by a mass influx of non-English speaking people can be truly equated to challenging a visa denial on a person with professional skills.

Just my 2 cents

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I don’t see how being against illegal immigration and the possible irreversible cultural shift caused by a mass influx of non-English speaking people can be truly equated to challenging a visa denial on a person with professional skills.

Just my 2 cents

It’s all immigration policy.  Its all related.

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Different circumstances however; if you want higher income taxes that doesn’t mean you must also want higher sales taxes since they are both fiscal policies

I’m not disagreeing with your concept.  That doesn’t change the fact that current immigration policy is why Pegula now has a lawsuit to keep a trainer in the US.

29 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m not disagreeing with your concept.  That doesn’t change the fact that current immigration policy is why Pegula now has a lawsuit to keep a trainer in the US.

Alright, I get you. ?

Though it certainly tells me they still have a lot of work to do with immigration policy. 

We are a melting pot but currently someone decided to dump an entire shaker of Central American spices into the pot and we need a bigger spoon to stir it. ?

Edited by thewookie1

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Alright, I get you. ?

Though it certainly tells me they still have a lot of work to do with immigration policy. 

We are a melting pot but currently someone decided to dump an entire shaker of Central American spices into the pot and we need a bigger spoon to stir it. ?

I’m sure salt would have tasted better than pepper to many.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Same thing happened to my companies electrical engineer, he's been here 5 years from England. Last month he was denied, went the same route as the Pegulas and got renewed.

Not sure if it's the same circumstances, but the owner told us it was 10 minu5es in court and done.

You need to be able to buy your way in or have the backing of someone who can buy your way in.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't honestly know. I only know he was allowed to stay after the court date to be honest.

The process is well documented on govt websites.  They aren’t secretive about it at all.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.