Sign in to follow this  
Theana74

Favorite Sabres Memories of 2010s

5 hours ago, Theana74 said:

Ultimately there's nothing sneeky going on here. Like I said, I had a discussion with @LGR4GM and we came to a lot of agreements. Now if anyone else out there has any other relevent memories to share, I think the community would appreciate it. No one got proposed to at one of the games? No one was reunited with their military spouse at one of the games? No one had a son/daughter go estatic over meeting a player/coach etc.?

We did not come to a lot of agreements. We disagree on quite a bit. Please stop with @LGR4GM in all your posts. You're trying to make it appear we're on the same side or in agreement. I'd like you to list what we're in agreement on so I can either confirm or refute it. 

We discussed a lot but in the end you wanted to start a thread about the 2010s which you did. After that the community gets to respond. I've had numerous threads derailed and failed, it happens. The 2010s were a terrible decade for this franchise. 

And here I was thinking that Theana was Liger's wife or something.

I'm really confused about absolutely everything that's going on in this thread.

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

And here I was thinking that Theana was Liger's wife or something.

I'm really confused about absolutely everything that's going on in this thread.

It's completely hilarious. They're now doing the "I've got a girlfriend, she lives in Canada. You wouldn't know her" bit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We discussed a lot but in the end you wanted to start a thread about the 2010s which you did. After that the community gets to respond. I've had numerous threads derailed and failed, it happens. The 2010s were a terrible decade for this franchise. 

Crap, I had a new version of “gerbe is a center” that I was throwing at you for a bit but I forget who it is. That would be the perfect way to derail your post right now. 

40 minutes ago, shrader said:

Crap, I had a new version of “gerbe is a center” that I was throwing at you for a bit but I forget who it is. That would be the perfect way to derail your post right now. 

You're getting rusty

On 5/12/2020 at 6:30 PM, tom webster said:

Sadly,

The only thing I can think of is Jonathan Toews scoring those two uber important goals 

That was a huge highlight.

That's as good as any, though the importance of that moment diminishes more and more with every year that Eichel's talent goes wasted.

19 hours ago, Weave said:

I think that’s pretty much standard im every significant metropolitan area.

And add industries whose main customer is government (ie. defense contractors) and it gets even eeeeeeeesssshhh’ier.

Well, none of Boston's top 10 employers is a government body:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Boston-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Boston-Employers.html

Same with Cleveland:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Cleveland-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Cleveland-Employers.html

Same with Indianapolis:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Indianapolis-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Indianapolis-Employers.html

2 of Chicago's top 10 are government bodies:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Chicago-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Chicago-Employers.html

3 of Baltimore's top 10 are government bodies:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Baltimore-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Baltimore-Employers.html

2 of Atlanta's:  http://www.largestemployers.org/Atlanta-Largest-Employers-List-of-Top-Atlanta-Employers.html

So it would seem that Buffalo has a pretty high concentration.

I think those are private sector only. Wiki says differently for Chicago.

25D040F2-7443-4D96-A0C1-4318F9760E91.jpeg

29 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Buffalo isn’t an option on Freeman’s site to even compare.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Well, the site I linked included 2 government bodies under Chicago (public schools and transit authority), so it isn't private sector only.

I have no idea how credible or accurate the site is -- it was the only one I could find on a quick search for Boston employers that wasn't paywalled -- and I used it since it had data for a bunch of other cities.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Buffalo isn’t an option on Freeman’s site to even compare.

True -- and I don't know where Swamp's original list came from, although perhaps it was wikipedia based on his post above.

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, the site I linked included 2 government bodies under Chicago (public schools and transit authority), so it isn't private sector only.

I have no idea how credible or accurate the site is -- it was the only one I could find on a quick search for Boston employers that wasn't paywalled -- and I used it since it had data for a bunch of other cities.

I always heard MGH and the state as the top two in Boston while I was out there.  Of course, I'm not exactly a reliable source either.  But one interesting thing about that list is that at least three of those hospitals are under the same corporate umbrella so they're really just one entity.

25 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

True -- and I don't know where Swamp's original list came from, although perhaps it was wikipedia based on his post above.

Both from Wiki