Sign in to follow this  
Theana74

Favorite Sabres Memories of 2010s

26 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

Every team has ups and downs I guess. I think people just are too busy to comment. Or maybe the best things that happened are just too personal to share

Nah, some of us are trying.  I think it was a nice theme for your first thread; welcome to the board.  

It has been a tough decade, as I wrote above, but surely people can find something nice in it.  If not the plays, some of the other stuff?  Some parties in the plaza?  Giveaways?   Anything?  Nothing is miserable for ten years straight.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Theana74 said:

Anyone else?

Haven’t seen yours yet.

The wings were good at the KBC (if not overpriced).  Sort of the equivalent of "we punted well".

11 hours ago, Theana74 said:

Every team has ups and downs I guess. I think people just are too busy to comment. Or maybe the best things that happened are just too personal to share

Bwaaahahahaha!!!!

People are locked down with literally nothing to do. They aren’t commenting because there is nothing to comment on.

You should change the thread title to Sabres 2010s - Which Turd Floated the Best.

Well, the viral marketing infiltrator keeps trying, innit?

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, the viral marketing infiltrator keeps trying, innit?

I don't know why everyone thinks that. If people are interested, I told @LGR4GM that I'm just a blue collar worker that follows the team. We had a lengthy conversation about this. Nothing super significant.

Edited by Theana74

1 hour ago, Theana74 said:

I don't know why everyone thinks that. If people are interested, I told @LGR4GM that I'm just a blue collar worker that follows the team. We had a lengthy conversation about this. Nothing super significant.

And you still haven’t added your favourite moments? Too busy?

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

And you still haven’t added your favourite moments? Too busy?

My isn't something that relatable.  But in the broad scence, I'd say the camaraderie most years was enjoyable to see.

Are there still blue collar jobs in Buffalo?

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Are there still blue collar jobs in Buffalo?

Is a car mechanic a blue collar job? I think they still make stuff in Buffalo. Cheerios.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Is a car mechanic a blue collar job? I think they still make stuff in Buffalo. Cheerios.

Finance and healthcare. Buffalo hasn’t been a true blue collar town in a long time.

The “I’m just a blue collar worker...” response seemed canned.

36 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Finance and healthcare. Buffalo hasn’t been a true blue collar town in a long time.

The “I’m just a blue collar worker...” response seemed canned.

I'm not following. Lots of people in Buffalo can say they're blue collar workers. And I don't think the OP ever said where he or she lives.

It's a bit of a misconception that "we don't make anything anymore." A clue is that only 30% of workers can work at home during the pandemic.

Which one of these makes things?

00909E84-8915-46A4-A5D7-5B42D9EEEE66.jpeg

We probably need a definition of blue collar worker.

This is silly. You basically called the poster a liar for saying he or she is a blue collar worker. Where are coming from on this one?

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Which one of these makes things?

00909E84-8915-46A4-A5D7-5B42D9EEEE66.jpeg

Is that a list of largest employers in Buffalo?  So 4 of the top 10 are government employers (5 if you count UB)?

Eeeeeeeeessssshhh. 

36 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Is that a list of largest employers in Buffalo?  So 4 of the top 10 are government employers (5 if you count UB)?

Eeeeeeeeessssshhh. 

I think that’s pretty much standard im every significant metropolitan area.

And add industries whose main customer is government (ie. defense contractors) and it gets even eeeeeeeesssshhh’ier.

38 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Eeeeeeeeessssshhh. 

It’s wild. Here’s private sector only. Certainly not a picture of a blue collar town.

I don’t know why I find this stuff fascinating, well, at least more fascinating than the 2010s Sabres.

14C18867-9528-4AA0-B6C6-E1CD481A4895.jpeg

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It’s wild. Here’s private sector only. Certainly not a picture of a blue collar town.

I don’t know why I find this stuff fascinating, well, at least more fascinating than the 2010s Sabres.

Woot, go gaming industry. We definitely employ people. 

Ultimately there's nothing sneeky going on here. Like I said, I had a discussion with @LGR4GM and we came to a lot of agreements. Now if anyone else out there has any other relevent memories to share, I think the community would appreciate it. No one got proposed to at one of the games? No one was reunited with their military spouse at one of the games? No one had a son/daughter go estatic over meeting a player/coach etc.?

This is hilarious.

It's like a Seinfeld character. The person who can only speak in the most hacky cliches ever conceived. It's brilliant. I love it. 

20 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

Ultimately there's nothing sneeky going on here. Like I said, I had a discussion with @LGR4GM and we came to a lot of agreements. Now if anyone else out there has any other relevent memories to share, I think the community would appreciate it. No one got proposed to at one of the games? No one was reunited with their military spouse at one of the games? No one had a son/daughter go estatic over meeting a player/coach etc.?

It is bad -- IMHO, for good reasons.  Long term, respected member have left.  Several former members of this board started posting YouTube videos of adopted teams.  I am probably not the only one who had kids of my out-of-town relatives laugh at me at Thanksgiving dinner over the Sabres.  We have had two straight incompetent GMs.  We who opposed the Tank have an extra reason.  The board has a well-reasoned, if unspoken, feeling that a poll of its most knowledgeable posters would have built better teams in Buffalo and Rochester, handled the personnel better, and spent money more wisely over the last 7 years.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

This is hilarious.

It's like a Seinfeld character. The person who can only speak in the most hacky cliches ever conceived. It's brilliant. I love it. 

It's Video Board material for sure.

Didn't anyone watch their grandchildren smile real big and do the floss?

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Maybe Theana's a lineman for the county.