Sign in to follow this  
Theana74

Favorite Sabres Memories of 2010s

Hi everyone,

Since hockey has been tabled for the near future,@LGR4GM and I thought it would be cool idea to share some of our favorite memories of the Sabres last decade.  It could be anything. Did you have a favorite player, goal or favorite game? It could be the first time you took your son, daughter or best friend to a game. Let's see how many we can get.

Edited by Theana74
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The broadcast with Rick and Rob Ray sitting among the crowd, and the incredible OT pass and goal that ended that game.

Edited by Eleven
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That is a true tough one.

Was it the time Pominville got injured against the Phlyers dooming that playoff series?

Was it Vanek getting Boychucked killing THAT playoff chance?

Was it Miller getting Lucic'd?

Was it Regier announcing there would be "suffering?"

Was it Rolston getting bumped up from interim head coach to head coach proper after an extensive coaching search?

Was it O'Reilly getting traded FROM Buffalo?

Was it the 1/2 season lockout?

Decisions, decisions.

(Sorry, just not having any shining moments other than winning the Dahlin lottery standing out; and the circumstances leading to it don't really elicit waxing poetic, IMHO.)

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

Hi everyone,

Since hockey has been tabled for the near future,@LGR4GM and I thought it would be cool idea to share some of our favorite memories of the Sabres last decade.  It could be anything. Did you have a favorite player, goal or favorite game? It could be the first time you took your son, daughter or best friend to a game. Let's see how many we can get.

What are yours?

Found the video.

It's been a rough decade to be a Sabres fan, but there have been moments.

• Like (+1) 2

Vanek's GWG in OT against Philly in the game that got the Sabres into the 2011 playoffs or Miller winning the Vezina.

@Taro T is where I am.

• Like (+1) 2

That spinning Gerbe goal was this decade too, wasn't it?  

I got nuthin.  It has not been a memorable decade in positive ways hockey-wise.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Found the video.

It's been a rough decade to be a Sabres fan, but there have been moments.

That was really great! 

Lots of good draft memories this decade.  A bunch of suits sitting around a table, filling out a draft slip, and handing out a jersey....now that’s hockey!

3 hours ago, Theana74 said:

Hi everyone,

Not exactly how that conversation went but my positive memory from the 2010s is Dahlin lottery and Tyler Ennis/Mike Weber winning that playoff game. I remember exactly where and who I was with for both. 

There have been only bad moments.   No big wins, no good seasons, or defining positive moments.  

The ten worst years in franchise history and you would be hard pressed to find ANY franchise with a worst decade than this one.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

There have been only bad moments.   No big wins, no good seasons, or defining positive moments.  

The ten worst years in franchise history and you would be hard pressed to find ANY franchise with a worst decade than this one.  

Pretty much. And the best memories of the lost decade have to do with things around the game, not the games themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:01 PM, Theana74 said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome!!

I've got nothing atol.  Sorry.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Pretty much. And the best memories of the lost decade have to do with things around the game, not the games themselves.

They made the playoffs in 2010 and 2011 if I'm not mistaken. Thought people would have good memories from at the very least that. There's a saying thay goes, sometimes just watching for the love of the game, win or lose is fun. Really suprised at the lack of comments, somewhat upsetting to be honest.

Edited by Theana74

On 5/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, Eleven said:

The broadcast with Rick and Rob Ray sitting among the crowd, and the incredible OT pass and goal that ended that game.

That was great, but I have to wonder.

Were we happy because we won that game, or because yet another garbage season was finally over?

EDIT: I remembered this incorrectly. I thought this was the last game of the year, but unless I'm still remembering wrong, hadn't we been officially eliminated from the playoffs the day before that game?

Edited by SwampD

17 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

They made the playoffs in 2010 and 2011 if I'm not mistake. Thought people would have good memories from at the very least that. Realpy suprised at the lack of commemts, somewhat upsetting.

They'd've killed the Bruins, 'cept for Vanek getting Boychuk'd in the 2nd game.  That play was intentional & dirty; he knew exactly what he was doing.  When Vanek gimped off the ice, so did the Sabres chances.  They got crushed after that.

Game 7 in Filly.  Did the Sabres even get 2 shots in the 1st?  Miller got scored on late that period & the flood never subsided.  As soon as Pominville went down, so did their chances.

And those 2 years were followed by Leino & Miller-Lucic.

Those were truly gut wrenching, frustrating moments.  Where are good memories in any of that?

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

Anyone else?

Silence says it all.  It's been a miserable decade.

23 minutes ago, Theana74 said:

Anyone else?

That time your dad hadn't figured out how to use his new Jitterbug and accidentally made a donation to Planned Parenthood.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Silence says it all.  It's been a miserable decade.

Every team has ups and downs I guess. I think people just are too busy to comment. Or maybe the best things that happened are just too personal to share