Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tondas

The Pedant's Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

As far as the family tree goes....I'll go out on a limb and say that we're just either buds or plain nuts.

I'll go with buds since from what I've been told, my nuts are anything but plain.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

In my experience there's no such thing as luck. Just change the justification line-by-line. Full, left, right. Whatever.

You must get paid by the hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwampD said:

This better get moved to the politics thread.

They did.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, spndnchz said:

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Is this in regards to the Meadow Party post?

Not sure who moved it, but hoping that whoever moved it realizes that it is a fictional political party conjured up by Berkeley Breathed in 1984 which ultimately ended up with Bill the Cat running for president with Opus the Penguin as his running mate.  When the comic strip Bloom County isn't on hiatus during a presidential election year, they always "run" for president.  Their last platform was restoring the extra space after a period.  "2 spaces 4 America."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It occurs to me that the band name Led Zeppelin has nothing to do with a heavy metal and everything to do with an airship that has been guided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It occurs to me that the band name Led Zeppelin has nothing to do with a heavy metal and everything to do with an airship that has been guided.

Which reminds me, pedantry at its funniest... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It occurs to me that the band name Led Zeppelin has nothing to do with a heavy metal and everything to do with an airship that has been guided.

And the reason the spelled it Led was because they didn't want everyone confusing the homograph. 

Let's have some of you pedantic sons of ***** fall all over yourselves to correct that one! I heard that ***** in a bar and I present it to you as fact. No research, baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm falling deeper and deeper into pedantry.  Being a pedant, I can't help it.  It's to the point where I can't watch commercials on TV without correcting them or making comments.  75% of the time my wife laughs at my comments and the other 25% she says STFU.  Is there a cure for pedantry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I'm falling deeper and deeper into pedantry.  Being a pedant, I can't help it.  It's to the point where I can't watch commercials on TV without correcting them or making comments.  75% of the time my wife laughs at my comments and the other 25% she says STFU.  Is there a cure for pedantry?

Drink more. Perhaps drug use. It lowers inhibitions, and makes things more tolerable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ubkev said:

Drink more. Perhaps drug use. It lowers inhibitions, and makes things more tolerable. 

Kev,

I'm not into drugs.  But if you call bourbon a drug, then I'm a liar (and I try to drink just enough bourbon to ward off the pedantry).   I just find it tougher and tougher to let nonsensical things go without saying something.  But, I don't want to become a dick either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Kev,

I'm not into drugs.  But if you call bourbon a drug, then I'm a liar (and I try to drink just enough bourbon to ward off the pedantry).   I just find it tougher and tougher to let nonsensical things go without saying something.  But, I don't want to become a dick either.

Embrace it.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Embrace it.

I assume you meant the pedantry, not the dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I assume you meant the pedantry, not the dick.

Does it have to be either-or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tondas said:

I assume you meant the pedantry, not the dick.

girl why dont we have both GIF

Edited by Curt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Weave said:

Does it have to be either-or?

LOL.  That one got me, Weave! 

I know I'm a pedant.  The other one, who knows.  If you don't try it, you'll never know.  To put in pedant terms, in one way it sucks, in the other way it blows.

Edited by Tondas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...