The Pedant's Thread

Tondas

2 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

As far as the family tree goes....I'll go out on a limb and say that we're just either buds or plain nuts.

I'll go with buds since from what I've been told, my nuts are anything but plain.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, spndnchz said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️

Is this in regards to the Meadow Party post?

Not sure who moved it, but hoping that whoever moved it realizes that it is a fictional political party conjured up by Berkeley Breathed in 1984 which ultimately ended up with Bill the Cat running for president with Opus the Penguin as his running mate.  When the comic strip Bloom County isn't on hiatus during a presidential election year, they always "run" for president.  Their last platform was restoring the extra space after a period.  "2 spaces 4 America."

23 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It occurs to me that the band name Led Zeppelin has nothing to do with a heavy metal and everything to do with an airship that has been guided.

And the reason the spelled it Led was because they didn't want everyone confusing the homograph. 

Let's have some of you pedantic sons of ***** fall all over yourselves to correct that one! I heard that ***** in a bar and I present it to you as fact. No research, baby!

I'm falling deeper and deeper into pedantry.  Being a pedant, I can't help it.  It's to the point where I can't watch commercials on TV without correcting them or making comments.  75% of the time my wife laughs at my comments and the other 25% she says STFU.  Is there a cure for pedantry?

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I'm falling deeper and deeper into pedantry.  Being a pedant, I can't help it.  It's to the point where I can't watch commercials on TV without correcting them or making comments.  75% of the time my wife laughs at my comments and the other 25% she says STFU.  Is there a cure for pedantry?

Drink more. Perhaps drug use. It lowers inhibitions, and makes things more tolerable. 

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

Drink more. Perhaps drug use. It lowers inhibitions, and makes things more tolerable. 

Kev,

I'm not into drugs.  But if you call bourbon a drug, then I'm a liar (and I try to drink just enough bourbon to ward off the pedantry).   I just find it tougher and tougher to let nonsensical things go without saying something.  But, I don't want to become a dick either.

13 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Kev,

I'm not into drugs.  But if you call bourbon a drug, then I'm a liar (and I try to drink just enough bourbon to ward off the pedantry).   I just find it tougher and tougher to let nonsensical things go without saying something.  But, I don't want to become a dick either.

Embrace it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Weave said:

Does it have to be either-or?

LOL.  That one got me, Weave! 

I know I'm a pedant.  The other one, who knows.  If you don't try it, you'll never know.  To put in pedant terms, in one way it sucks, in the other way it blows.

Edited by Tondas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.