Sabres vs Bruins--May Day Goal 8 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

What a fun team. Too bad the injuries to 16 and 89 just killed them against Montreal.

As a side note, Gurtler was not very good and the production of the broadcast is abysmal.  I forgot that they missed the handshake ceremony. Completely.

8 hours ago, gomper said:

What a fun team. Too bad the injuries to 16 and 89 just killed them against Montreal.

As a side note, Gurtler was not very good and the production of the broadcast is abysmal.  I forgot that they missed the handshake ceremony. Completely.

That was strange, did it not happen or did they cut it out? 

Also, I forgot how awesome LaFontain's pass to May was. Wow, laying flat out he passes tape to tape to May. Sick. 

I had thought May had kissed his stick right before he scored, but it was earlier, though they replayed it a few times. 

Keith Carney was on the team but didn't stick around long. He went on to have a long and successful NHL career, another one that got away...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That was strange, did it not happen or did they cut it out? 

Also, I forgot how awesome LaFontain's pass to May was. Wow, laying flat out he passes tape to tape to May. Sick. 

I had thought May had kissed his stick right before he scored, but it was earlier, though they replayed it a few times. 

Keith Carney was on the team but didn't stick around long. He went on to have a long and successful NHL career, another one that got away...

They missed the handshake completely. I believe they later apologized for it. Production was terrible in those days and it really hasn't gotten that much better. I remember it being a massive screw up. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Just like trading for Craig Simpson was useless, moving Ramsey for Bob Errey, and trading Andreychuk, Puppa, and a 1st for Fuhr was bad, Carney for Craig Muni was bad too.  That team was better before the player movement than after.

47 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Just like trading for Craig Simpson was useless, moving Ramsey for Bob Errey, and trading Andreychuk, Puppa, and a 1st for Fuhr was bad, Carney for Craig Muni was bad too.  That team was better before the player movement than after.

The Ramsey trade was a favor to Mike.  They granted his wish to go to a Stanley Cup contender. It wasn't a hockey trade.  It was pretty well documented at the time.

The rest... yeah, hard to argue.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

The Ramsey trade was a favor to Mike.  They granted his wish to go to a Stanley Cup contender. It wasn't a hockey trade.  It was pretty well documented at the time.

The rest... yeah, hard to argue.

I did not know that it was a favour to Mike.  I was at Michigan State at the time.  I remember being upset that they moved  him when I thought the Sabres were as good as anyone in the East before the TDL aside from maybe Pittsburgh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.