DoJ dropping charges against Ret. Gen. Flynn

Taro T

I'd like to be able to say, good, this shows that there wasn't an issue with his Russia dealings.  But unfortunately Barr has plainly demonstrated that he's willing to do Trump's biddings instead of justice's biddings, so I have no faith at all that this development is actual justice at work.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I'd like to be able to say, good, this shows that there wasn't an issue with his Russia dealings.  But unfortunately Barr has plainly demonstrated that he's willing to do Trump's biddings instead of justice's biddings, so I have no faith at all that this development is actual justice at work.

A lot of the source material regarding both Flynn's trial and the Russian collusion investigation have been released in the past week.  (The HPSCI interviews were just released by Schiff about 2 hours ago.)

After reading a fair amount of the Flynn info and almost none of the recently released Russian stuff (again, it was just released 2 hours ago) but planning to read more of it, am fairly well convinced Barr is actually on the side of justice.

Having read the Flynn info, it brings up a scary realization/ question, if a 3 star general can get abused this badly by the system what chance do any of us have should we fall on the wrong side of the powers that be?

Edited by Taro T

Taro, care to share what you've read that says this may have been deserved? I ask because the last time you posted about a deep state conspiracy in regards to the origins of the Russia investigation, you pointed towards posts by Deranged Rhino on the PPP board at TBD.

Every legal analysis I've read asserts that this dismissal is entirely unusual, from the arguments laid out by Barr, contradictions with the recent IG report on the origins of the investigation, the resignation of the prosecutor in protest, even down to the very unusual process in which the order was signed by an interim attorney.

13 hours ago, atoq said:

Taro, care to share what you've read that says this may have been deserved? I ask because the last time you posted about a deep state conspiracy in regards to the origins of the Russia investigation, you pointed towards posts by Deranged Rhino on the PPP board at TBD.

Every legal analysis I've read asserts that this dismissal is entirely unusual, from the arguments laid out by Barr, contradictions with the recent IG report on the origins of the investigation, the resignation of the prosecutor in protest, even down to the very unusual process in which the order was signed by an interim attorney.

Not ignoring your question.  But trying to figure out best way to get the most pertinent source docs posted here.  Have a bunch of stuff downloaded to 3 different folders on my tablet.  Will get back to you.  For the most part links to them can be found in the thread over on PPP started by 26cornerblitz titled DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal starting around April 26.  Realizing that you'll likely take exception to the sourcing, so am trying to get the source docs directly.

But, some of the items that you've posted don't seem to be telling the full story either.  Van Grack may have quit in protest, but am not certain of that.  He hasn't been the filing attorney in the Flynn case since mid-February and just now withdrew from the case.  The timing of his removal would suggest that he was kicked off the case rather than he withdrew from it.  My 2 cents; and really not trying to be adversarial about this matter.  Just saying reading the source material without catching the spin of somebody who likely has an agenda regarding it is huge for coming to your own conclusions.  

It's very easy for the people involved in all this to lie when they aren't under oath.  See the transcripts the HPSCI released late last week and compare what's in them versus what those testifying under oath said on the news shows/ in print when they weren't under oath for the clearest & most current example.