Per Dreger Sabres 2020 First Pick Maybe Available

Brawndo

8 hours ago, Curt said:

I just think it’s more important to get the high end talent than to have an abundance of bottom of the roster talent.

I don't think that high end talent happens often enough after the first five picks to gamble on it.

Once again, what most invariably happens with economic downturns is that the wealthy get wealthier. Very few people know their actual liquidity but they still have the cash infusion from the Bills and despite what people keep implying, there is no real evidence they had stopped spending with the Sabre’s. If cash really was tight, JBOT would not have been allowed to spend like he did.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:37 PM, Brawndo said:

On the Instigators this AM, Dreger mentioned that the Sabres might be willing to trade their 2020 First for immediate help. This is dependent on where the Sabres Pick is after the lottery. If it remains in the 6-9 range,  it could be moved for the it will be the talk leading up to the draft per Dreger

A cost controlled center from a cap strapped team, might be the move. 

The concern is with the Sabres Prospect Pool having a dearth of forwards is this the best move?  Would this be the act of a desperate GM who has a win or else ultimatum? 

Depending the return I could be on board with this 

they'd have to hit it out of the park on this one, that prospect in the top 8 in this draft is going to be hell of a player

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.