Pegula Sports Entertainment, behind the scenes

LGR4GM

• 4 months later...

Don’t look now, but PSE is into an edgy, smart, and inclusive venture.

Griselda is a Buffalo hip hop crew that is figuratively descended from the Wu Tang Clan. Benny the Butcher is a real life gangster turned recording artist. Hard as hell. Colour me impressed.

• 1 month later...

PSE is just killing it with engagement with non-traditional portions of the hockey market (readBlack Americans).

I love the logo, too. Watch the video to get the backstory. Oh, and you will do yourself a favour if you find this artist's public murals around the City of Buffalo.

image.png.42553c6bed330de3962ae189ca7ff295.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

PSE is just killing it with engagement with non-traditional portions of the hockey market (readBlack Americans).

I love the logo, too. Watch the video to get the backstory. Oh, and you will do yourself a favour if you find this artist's public murals around the City of Buffalo.

This was very well done 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm a sucker for awesome logos and alternate versions of them; this was very well done. My favorite part is the swords from Ghana; you can gather quite a bit of info and interest through merely changing out the swords in the logo whether it be like lightsabers for May 4th or historically significant ones like we see here. In theory a similar idea could be used for other non-traditional markets. For instance, how we created the fictional Japanese Tokyo Katanas  

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Griselda is a Buffalo hip hop crew that is figuratively descended from the Wu Tang Clan. Benny the Butcher is a real life gangster turned recording artist. Hard as hell. Colour me impressed.

Griselda is not figuratively descended from Wu-Tang. If anything they are descended from Mobb Deep, and that’s a stretch. 

On 2/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, That Aud Smell said:

This is really cool.  

I love bringing the Buffalo Braves in and the color change in the logo to pick that up.  The Braves were always in the Sabres shadows but they had some great NBA stars and were a team on the rise before Snyder sold them out.  The Braves had the rights to Moses Malone to add to an already talented team before it all blew up. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, That Aud Smell said:

On 2/11/2021 at 4:12 PM, That Aud Smell said:

My hat tips to Pegula Sports and Entertainment continue. This is really something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 5 months later...

I left my home towards the end of the 2nd last night in order to meet an old friend at the Harborcenter Marriott's bar. (My friend was in from out of town, was at the game, and was staying at the Marriott.)

I got to the hotel's bar area with about 10:00 minutes to go in the third.

I squinted at the televisions. There was hockey on, but ... not the Sabres game? One of the wait staff saw my confusion and explained: "Yeah. We don't get the ESPN+ Sabre games."

I was at a hotel owned and controlled by PSE. The Sabres broadcast was unavailable at the hotel bar. Astounding.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I left my home towards the end of the 2nd last night in order to meet an old friend at the Harborcenter Marriott's bar. (My friend was in from out of town, was at the game, and was staying at the Marriott.)

I squinted at the televisions. There was hockey on, but ... not the Sabres game? One of the wait staff saw my confusion and explained: "Yeah. We don't get the ESPN+ Sabre games."

I was at a hotel owned and controlled by PSE. The Sabres broadcast was unavailable at the hotel bar. Astounding.

It's out of their hands I believe.  There are absolutely zero streaming services that are licensed for use within a business, let alone a the restaurant bar scenario (different license than normal business).

This is on the NHL for allowing ESPN+ to be the sole avenue of broadcast.  The businesses would be criminally liable if they were to use a residential streaming service in a business.  It's a long shot of getting caught, but it could happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LTS said:

This is on the NHL for allowing ESPN+ to be the sole avenue of broadcast.  The businesses would be criminally liable if they were to use a residential streaming service in a business.  It's a long shot of getting caught, but it could happen.

I'm calling BS.  I've watched ESPN+ only Sabres games on sports bar TVs.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

In greater Buffalo?

edit: Not that I know that could make a difference. The experience was baffling to me.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

It would be interesting to know if Southern Tier Brewing(formerly 716) was televising last nights game. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Which makes its absence at the Harborcenter Marriott that much more mystifying.

I know PSE owns the building and financed the development. But do they operate the hotel itself? I doubt it. 

This article indicates it is operated by the Shaner Hotel Group.

https://www.myinspiredesign.com/grand-opening-set-for-shaner-managed-marriott-harborcenter/

I agree that it seems a little tone deaf, but I don’t know if PSE should be dying by the blade here.  

While I agree that's not great, start a thread. I thought this about pse not some hotel bar being unable to stream espn+

As sds likes to say, don't use old defunct threads. 

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

• LGR4GM locked this topic
  • LGR4GM unlocked this topic
4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Okay.

I mean - you definitely can get an ESPN+ subscription for your bar or restaurant.

image.thumb.png.3e5fd5dcabccb98482186b8761098d94.png

Sorry, I was out of date on my information or perhaps what I have was referring only to linear television.  It was not my intention to deceive anyone.

However, to make everyone feel better. I am going to find out the information because I actually need someone on my team (at work)  to be aware if there is a streaming option that does not require a satellite dish. 

While not a primary focus of my product team we are focused on delivering business solutions that business internet service providers would deliver.  This is why I was making the statement.

This information is on the Joe Hand site.. leading me to believe it ain't the most straightforward "streaming" option.

WHAT TYPES OF EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?

We can send most Pay-Per-View signals to DIRECTV or Dish Network receivers as most any cable provider. We also provide streaming options.

If you’re unsure, just talk to your representative and we’ll make sure you’re set up properly. 

ARE THERE STREAMING OPTIONS?

Yes, our team is happy to explain the process of streaming our events in your venue.  Contact a Joe Hand Promotions representative for more information.

• Like (+1) 1