Pegula Sports Entertainment, behind the scenes

LGR4GM

45 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There maybe truth behind this. Quite a few Sabre Fan Twitter Accounts who are critical of the team have been followed by random accounts lately who defend ownership and management at every turn. 

I hate to say it,  but it would be of a piece for the Pegulas to have hired some crappy PR firm whose methods include Manchurian posters like this guy might be.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

1) If you think that the fans are the problem then you haven't watched any of the games they've been re-playing on MSG lately. That's the atmosphere Buffalo fans are capable of if you give them a good product.

2) Are you referring to the Tim Horton's incident? If so, then why was he allowed to remain on the team for 3yrs after that?

3) We've seen the down period so when do we get the up period? 

I don't know what to say anymore here. You get attacked from all sides if you say something from a different perspective. I really thought by coming online, I'd be able to bring people together. I think tensions are too hot right now with the article, COVID and perceptions percieved socital, socioecomic issues. Hopefully in a few days people will be more receptive to arguments with nuance 

Edited by Theana745

1 hour ago, Theana745 said:

I don't know what to say anymore here. You get attacked from all sides if you say something from a different perspective. I really thought by coming online, I'd be able to bring people together. I think tensions are too hot right now with the article, COVID and perceptions percieved socital, socioecomic issues. Hopefully in a few days people will be more receptive to arguments with nuance 

Covid has nothing to do with how awful this team has been under the Pagulas. And it sucks cuz other than that, I have no reason not to really like them.

Who keeps feeding the troll? The minute they said the ROR deal was good we should have all just laughed and stopped paying attention. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The Pegulas are Greek Myth, Religion and Tragedy.  They arrived, Deus ex machina.  They acted and influenced, the Colossus of Rhodes.  They’ve conquered energy, real estate, hospitality, football and blundered hockey, Achilles with his heel.

Edited by Neo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I hate to say it,  but it would be of a piece for the Pegulas to have hired some crappy PR firm whose methods include Manchurian posters like this guy might be.

Manchurian Posters!    That is special work ...

6 hours ago, StuckinFL said:

Who keeps feeding the troll? The minute they said the ROR deal was good we should have all just laughed and stopped paying attention. 

My final word on that is I never meant it was a stellar deal for exchange of talent--more like it had to be done. We can't tolerate someone who acted so recklessly, regardless of their percieved skill. Some things are more important than hockey. Overall not a fan of this topic because it make me look like the bad guy

Edited by Theana745

6 minutes ago, Theana745 said:

My final word on that is I never meant it was a stellar deal for exchange of talent--more like it had to be done. We can't tolerate someone who acted so recklessly, regardless of their percieved skill. Some things are more important than hockey 

“We”........?

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Whatever.  In these monotonous days, maybe we’re fortunate to have one guy (bot?) telling us all to “shut up and like it,” so that we as a community can beat the stuffing out of his message.  Keeps things interesting and reaffirms the shared sense of disgust.  Consensus is boring.

Theana's a girl's name.

Figure we're either being graced with the presence of one of the daughters or their friends.

Either way, guess it's "troll on,"

10 hours ago, Theana745 said:

Correlation doesn't equal causation. 

All businesses want to make money. Nothing wrong with that. That's a purpose of a business. You have to consider all options on all sides.

You really want to come on a forum with some of the most knowledgeable Sabres fans on the planet and try and tell us to think about the ROR trade from a different angle? 

ROR won a Stanley Cup. The Sabres haven't won a playoff game since 2011. A playoff round since 2007. A Stanley Cup in their history. What a terrible weak argument to try and say the ROR trade had to be made. It didn't. The Pegulas wanted it to be made and Botterill did it. It was and probably will be the worst trade in Sabres history for a long time. At least in the Hasek trade he forced his way out. ROR was under contract for 4 more years. They did NOTHING to replace him. They then ended up at the bottom of the league 2 years in a row. What a great ***** trade. That is why I don't spend money on this anymore. The Sabres keep doing stupid things and as a fan I have had enough. A blind man knew that trade was trash.

10 hours ago, Theana745 said:

Just because you have A final piece to a puzzle, doesn't mean you have the specific piece to YOUR puzzle

He was a piece to our puzzle. He was the best 2 way forward on the team. He was the only 2nd line center we had. He was the only legit top 6 center besides Eichel we had. This is completely indifensible and I can only assume you are associated with PSE. No actual fan of this team in their right mind thinks the ROR was good at this point. The man won a Cup immediately after leaving but he was not the "right piece" for Buffalo. Guess winning Cups isn't the right piece. What a joke. 

Edited by LGR4GM

9 hours ago, Theana745 said:

Tensions are high because someone with limited knowledge of the team came to a place with highly engaged fans and tried to tell we are responsible for this team sucking giant balls for the last few years and then defended the ROR trade. But hey, keep trying to change the subject.

Tensions are high because the team is a train-wreck and has been. Their forward talent pool is Cozens.... that's it. If Cozens doesn't work (he will) there is no plan B for the top 6. Mitts may never pan out. Thompson is a complete unknown who just had another injury and this required surgery. It isn't about the bolded part, it is about the constant failure of this organization to fix the team and build it properly. They got Jack Eichel and then were like, ok we are good. It is also about someone coming here and telling us fans that we are responsible for the team being bad. Fine I will take responsibility when the Pegula's hire me to sit in on their drafting and stop them from making terrible choices. Then I will take responsibility. 

Edited by LGR4GM

My final word on that is I never meant it was a stellar deal for exchange of talent--more like it had to be done. We can't tolerate someone who acted so recklessly, regardless of their percieved skill. Some things are more important than hockey. Overall not a fan of this topic because it make me look like the bad guy

Oh so the reason for existence isn't to win the Stanley Cup. Also he crashed into Tim Hortons 3 years earlier. If he was such a problem why did he stay? So there is either another incident that you aren't sharing because PSE said not to or you are referring to his locker room comments. The trade was a complete disaster and part of that was because the 7mil bonus was refused. If he had been traded 1 day later, Lindholm would in Buffalo and I wouldn't be dreaming up trade scenarios for every center on the planet to try and fill a massive hole in this org. 

So the ends don't justify the means. 

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has anyone seen Pi lately?

Boy, did that guy come up with some creative ways to bait LGR.

You forget, I like to argue. It is fun. 

Just now, Weave said:

In all fairness, LGR4GM is pretty self winding.

michael scott wink GIF

• Like (+1) 1

On days like this it makes me wish the other fans on this message board were like those airing in the MSG promotional video. Anyways, I think this is a good place to pause this particular conversation for now. I understand that there's spirited debate on both sides here, and that's okay. Revisiting this conversation in a few days will do good for all of us.

Edited by Theana745

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You really want to come on a forum with some of the most knowledgeable Sabres fans on the planet and try and tell us to think about the ROR trade from a different angle? 

ROR won a Stanley Cup. The Sabres haven't won a playoff game since 2011. A playoff round since 2007. A Stanley Cup in their history. What a terrible weak argument to try and say the ROR trade had to be made. It didn't. The Pegulas wanted it to be made and Botterill did it. It was and probably will be the worst trade in Sabres history for a long time. At least in the Hasek trade he forced his way out. ROR was under contract for 4 more years. They did NOTHING to replace him. They then ended up at the bottom of the league 2 years in a row. What a great ***** trade. That is why I don't spend money on this anymore. The Sabres keep doing stupid things and as a fan I have had enough. A blind man knew that trade was trash.

He was a piece to our puzzle. He was the best 2 way forward on the team. He was the only 2nd line center we had. He was the only legit top 6 center besides Eichel we had. This is completely indifensible and I can only assume you are associated with PSE. No actual fan of this team in their right mind thinks the ROR was good at this point. The man won a Cup immediately after leaving but he was not the "right piece" for Buffalo. Guess winning Cups isn't the right piece. What a joke. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Tensions are high because someone with limited knowledge of the team came to a place with highly engaged fans and tried to tell we are responsible for this team sucking giant balls for the last few years and then defended the ROR trade. But hey, keep trying to change the subject.

Tensions are high because the team is a train-wreck and has been. Their forward talent pool is Cozens.... that's it. If Cozens doesn't work (he will) there is no plan B for the top 6. Mitts may never pan out. Thompson is a complete unknown who just had another injury and this required surgery. It isn't about the bolded part, it is about the constant failure of this organization to fix the team and build it properly. They got Jack Eichel and then were like, ok we are good. It is also about someone coming here and telling us fans that we are responsible for the team being bad. Fine I will take responsibility when the Pegula's hire me to sit in on their drafting and stop them from making terrible choices. Then I will take responsibility. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh so the reason for existence isn't to win the Stanley Cup. Also he crashed into Tim Hortons 3 years earlier. If he was such a problem why did he stay? So there is either another incident that you aren't sharing because PSE said not to or you are referring to his locker room comments. The trade was a complete disaster and part of that was because the 7mil bonus was refused. If he had been traded 1 day later, Lindholm would in Buffalo and I wouldn't be dreaming up trade scenarios for every center on the planet to try and fill a massive hole in this org. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

So the ends don't justify the means. 

For a second there, I thought I was in the religion thread, cuz you be preachin’!

Can I get an AMEN?!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Theana745 said:

On days like this it makes me wish the other fans on this message board were like those airing in the MSG promotional video. Anyways, I think this is a good place to pause this particular conversation for now. I understand that there's spirited debate on both sides here, and that's okay. Revisiting this conversation in a few days will do good for all of us.

RORmeme.thumb.jpg.51881e6da71c86d44447d73f7120ee89.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Theana745 said:

Or, not revisiting it ever again is probably An even better idea. Since you got your lunch money taken at every turn. If you really think that a few days will magically make any posters take your side on some of the  “interesting” takes you have spewed .... i’ve got news for you.

• Like (+1) 1