There Has To Be A Name For That™

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I've taken one cruise, last year, and I'll likely not do it again, but one thing they really, really stressed was to wash and sanitize hands frequently.  Every time we embarked or disembarked, there was a crew member there with a bottle of Purell.

Utter nonsense.  That Purell does nothing for viruses (including COVID), except give people a false sense of security, or whatever.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I've taken one cruise, last year, and I'll likely not do it again, but one thing they really, really stressed was to wash and sanitize hands frequently.  Every time we embarked or disembarked, there was a crew member there with a bottle of Purell.

I’ve also taken only one cruise, ten years ago, and I can say that I’ll NEVER do it again. All these people let their children run wild and I never saw a single person wash their hands. I almost jumped overboard to escape but we discovered an adult only area with a bar so I managed. 

37 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve also taken only one cruise, ten years ago, and I can say that I’ll NEVER do it again. All these people let their children run wild and I never saw a single person wash their hands. I almost jumped overboard to escape but we discovered an adult only area with a bar so I managed.

The fabled/ legendary nudie pool?  Asking for a friend.

(Never been on a cruise, well never been one one longer than 4 hours at any rate.)

On 4/21/2020 at 9:51 AM, Indabuff said:

Fresh measurable snow in the driveway.  You've waited around for the plow to come through before you tackle it.  You can't wait any longer and clear it out.  As you're putting the winter weapon of choice away the plow comes through like a bat out of hell and buries the end of your driveway.

There must be a name for that.

Rome, NY. That's what it's called! Happens every damn time!

But, also when you went to school with the plow driver and you drink with him on wing night so he backs up and clears out your driveway. Just yours though.

Edited by ubkev

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Rome, NY. That's what it's called! Happens every damn time!

But, also when you went to school with the plow driver and you drink with him on wing night so he backs up and clears out your driveway. Just yours though.

The ol' "I know a guy".  You lucky bastard.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

legendary nudie pool?

We were the only people in there most of the time. There was a hot tub but I don’t get into the community soup bowl. As far as nudie stuff goes, my best friend growing up had ex-60’s hippy parents. They did all sorts of naked events and it hurt your eyes more than anything. Nothing noteworthy about a 48 year old grundle. 

Is there a name for...you run out of a household staple, go to the closest convenience store, they don’t have it but they have an inferior substitute, you unhappily buy it because it’s better than nothing...and then you get home and find another package of the staple you thought you were out of?

That happened to me today.  

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Is there a name for...you run out of a household staple, go to the closest convenience store, they don’t have it but they have an inferior substitute, you unhappily buy it because it’s better than nothing...and then you get home and find another package of the staple you thought you were out of?

Senility.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Hoarder's oversight. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Substitution absolution confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Losing your not-that-expensive-but-not-that-cheap-either earbuds, knowing that they are somewhere in the house or the car but being unable to find them, and knowing that they will turn up immediately after you buy new ones.

Computer desk, dresser, guest room dresser, both end tables in the man cave, patio table, change console of the car, shorts I was wearing yesterday. They're in one of those places. 

That's my checklist. Hope it helps.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Losing your not-that-expensive-but-not-that-cheap-either earbuds, knowing that they are somewhere in the house or the car but being unable to find them, and knowing that they will turn up immediately after you buy new ones.

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Computer desk, dresser, guest room dresser, both end tables in the man cave, patio table, change console of the car, shorts I was wearing yesterday. They're in one of those places. 

That's my checklist. Hope it helps.

It's a game.

Tempalost.

40 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Earsheimer's Disease?

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

There needs to be an additional term for when you inexplicably only have one of them and no clue where the other one went.  I'm blaming the cat, but can find no trace of it.  

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

There needs to be an additional term for when you inexplicably only have one of them and no clue where the other one went.  I'm blaming the cat, but can find no trace of it.  

I believe that's called purrfunctionary behaviour.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:00 PM, nfreeman said:

BudF^cked

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.