Did everyone get their Stimulus $$$?

inkman

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I don't think that's the case. I know a few people who haven't filed yet, but already got their stimulus payments. I'm eligible, but nothing yet because I didn't do direct deposit through the IRS last year. Supposedly starting today the website is gonna let people who didn't use direct deposit enter their bank account info so they don't have to wait on a paper check through the mail. 

Let me/us know if you are able to enter your deposit info.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I keep getting a message that they can't determine my eligibility. A lot of people are getting that. The problem is, that tool is how you give the IRS your direct deposit info. I never get a refund, so they don't have mine. But they should have my bank info. from payments I've made.

I get the message as well when checking on the status of my check. They have my direct deposit stuff all set up, I just got my tax refund deposited like last week. I'm not sure how any of this works or if what I'm saying makes sense as a response to your post 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I get the message as well when checking on the status of my check. They have my direct deposit stuff all set up, I just got my tax refund deposited like last week. I'm not sure how any of this works or if what I'm saying makes sense as a response to your post 

Yeah I think we're on the same page.

49 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I keep getting a message that they can't determine my eligibility. A lot of people are getting that. The problem is, that tool is how you give the IRS your direct deposit info. I never get a refund, so they don't have mine. But they should have my bank info. from payments I've made.

Did you use HR Block or Turbo Tax?   Lots of issues with them according to the Post. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I always owe and don’t use direct deposit too.  If you don’t do direct deposit for a refund your check won’t get mailed until the end of the month. And if you check the irs website you need to punch in exactly the address you used, capitals, hyphen, etc to see if you have anything coming.

and before I get judged, I give back to my community anonymously, kinda like here lol

This is my issue, I've owed small amounts each of the last two years, so we will be waiting for a paper check. 

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Haven't got it. When I do it's going to charity. One of the arguments about "stimulus money" is that it has little economic stimulus as most bank it or pay debts with it.

It didn't work as intended after 9/11 and it's not going to work now.  But it will buy some votes.  I think it's nice of those of you who are donating.

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Haven't got it. When I do it's going to charity. One of the arguments about "stimulus money" is that it has little economic stimulus as most bank it or pay debts with it.

Yeah, it'd definitely not going to stimulate anything. I'm not planning to use it, but if I have to it will be to pay rent, which basically does nothing for the economy.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You do strike me as the type not to let the gov't borrow your $$$ on a interest free loan.  

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Loan companies are allowed to take it outright if you have outstanding loans

I was really poor in 2018 and only moderately poor in 2019 and I got my check. I also file my taxes the first chance I can get. I don’t need the money per se but it’s nice always nice to have.

Things are finally starting to break for me financially and I might clear 3k in bonuses and commission for the month and make 5k in a month for the first time ever. There’s a sig rifle I’ve had my eye on for a very, very long time that’s really calling my name but I’m not spending any of my stimulus until I see how the end of this month goes. 

Combined with a management position at work I just applied for, I’m really looking forward to 2021 and much more financial comfort. 

Edited by #freejame
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

You do strike me as the type not to let the gov't borrow your $$$ on a interest free loan.  

Before the change to the tax law, back when I could itemize my hefty expenses, I could alter my withholdings to match my OT hours so that at the end of the year, Uncle Sam and I would come out Even Stephen. I would sometimes file a dozen W-4s a year. First year post change I owed a ton. I tweaked this year and over payed by a few hundo. Underlying truth though, my total tax bill is more than pre change. I’m convinced that standard deduction going up(discouraging itemizing) and the reduction in payroll withholding was a carnie’s trick to hide the fact that your middle class tax obligation increased. The regular disclaimer about my uneducated opinions apply.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Simple, I did not submit for it.

I thought you get it regardless if you fit one of the criteria???  I will get it but I don't need it (and for other reasons, I frankly don't want it)..  I would have liked the ability to decline it and put it back in the pool to increase the amount for those that really need it.  Now I have to get it, cash it, donate it, and hope it gets to the people that need it most.  Would have rather not have to be the middle man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.