GDT: April 13th. 8PM. Sabres at Senators (5/5/2006)

Zamboni

I watched this game in the dorm lounge when I was in school in Baltimore. My friend from Buffalo went to school there, too. A few other people joined us who were interested in sports/hockey. My friend and I were losing our minds, in the most wonderful way, throughout the game.

Man, we were so proud that that was our team...

Did I just hallucinate, or did they replay the OLN broadcast for regulation and CBC for OT? Wtf? I'll never complain about Bob Cole, ever, but it's amateur hour at MSG Buffalo. Yet again. I can give them my 93-94 season mix tape on VCR if they like. 

Edited by gomper

11 hours ago, gomper said:

Did I just hallucinate, or did they replay the OLN broadcast for regulation and CBC for OT? Wtf? I'll never complain about Bob Cole, ever, but it's amateur hour at MSG Buffalo. Yet again. I can give them my 93-94 season mix tape on VCR if they like. 

I've heard two Bob Cole goal calls in my life, and he butchered both of them. Hull in '99 and this one — he had Chara falling and not Volchenkov. (Harry Neale had Grier scoring and not Drury.)

Also, I just listened to Cole call the Schaefer hit on Connolly with absolute glee: "He won't be getting up for awhile!" An absolute disgrace, even going back in time 14 years.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I've heard two Bob Cole goal calls in my life, and he butchered both of them. Hull in '99 and this one — he had Chara falling and not Volchenkov. (Harry Neale had Grier scoring and not Drury.)

Also, I just listened to Cole call the Schaefer hit on Connolly with absolute glee: "He won't be getting up for awhile!" An absolute disgrace, even going back in time 14 years.

Well "disgrace" is a bit harsh. Not to mention rose colored. I'm sure Philly fans weren't thrilled with RJ's call on the Umberger hit. It's the emotion of the moment.  Bob Cole is an all time HOFer.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, gomper said:

Well "disgrace" is a bit harsh. Not to mention rose colored. I'm sure Philly fans weren't thrilled with RJ's call on the Umberger hit. It's the emotion of the moment.  Bob Cole is an all time HOFer.

It's a harsh word for a harsh comment.

“Kharlamov is really belted by Van Impe! That was a solid check and I didn't see much wrong with it.“   Bob Cole in the “they’re going home ... they’re going home” game.

I don’t disagree with PA.  I do acknowledge my checkered past.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.