Media bias?

Hank

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/491273-a-woman-accuses-biden-of-sexual-assault-and-few-liberals-listen#

The article references similar sexual assault allegations alleged to Biden and Kavanaugh and rails against MSM for their hypocrisy in coverage, or lack thereof, in the two incidents. 

Does he make valid points?

3 hours ago, Hank said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/491273-a-woman-accuses-biden-of-sexual-assault-and-few-liberals-listen#

The article references similar sexual assault allegations alleged to Biden and Kavanaugh and rails against MSM for their hypocrisy in coverage, or lack thereof, in the two incidents. 

Does he make valid points?

Kavanaugh’s accuser did a lot of finger pointing but I don’t recall a whole lot of evidence and people held rallies against him.

There are videos of Biden acting like a creeper and he’s the nominee. 

Nope, no bias.

Edited by SABRES 0311

It's a fair question.  

So why aren't people asking the news media why they haven't asked the question.  I suppose this opinion piece is an attempt to call it out, but it would seem that it might not be too hard to get a few people to rally up and begin asking, openly, for NBC, ABC, CNN to respond to why they have not mentioned it.

I don't follow this stuff, but is this a FOX News item?  Are the Republican backers out there hamming it up over social media calling out the other media outlets for not discussing it?  I have not heard anything about this until you posted it and while I don't really follow the news, I do see an equal number of headlines from what I would consider both conservative and liberal media outlets.

So, if the Republicans aren't asking these questions it makes you wonder just how much there is to the accusation.

Or, somewhere, the analytics say that bringing that subject up now, while the country is in the middle of the pandemic, would be career suicide.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Kavanaugh’s accuser did a lot of finger pointing but I don’t recall a whole lot of evidence and people held rallies against him.

There are videos of Biden acting like a creeper and he’s the nominee. 

Nope, no bias.

Donald Trump's the President.  So perhaps the question is not does the media favor one side (IMO, it does but not the side you think they do, and not entirely intentionally) and should be: why are you guys so bad at this?  

8 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Donald Trump's the President.  So perhaps the question is not does the media favor one side (IMO, it does but not the side you think they do, and not entirely intentionally) and should be: why are you guys so bad at this?  

You guys? Whose bad at what?

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You guys? Whose bad at what?

The (non-editorial/opinion wing of the) news media, being bad at what should be their only job: collecting verified fact through diligent and well-sourced reporting and presenting it as such in unvarnished fashion.  Instead we've allowed the idea of "fairness to both sides" to create "alternative facts" and push narratives supplied by those they're supposed to be holding to account.

• Like (+1) 1

I was kind of surprised to see that this incident being used to note media bias.  The story sure was out there.  And, while I can't put my finger on any, my impression was that he had this sort of cloud around him.  But, doing a quick Google search I see none of the big 4 networks in the first two pages of search results.  Plenty of news groups do have articles about this, but the big 4 wasn't among them.

it does need to be among the things they are reporting.

I had previously seen these allegations reported.

The thing about the media is that it is a profit focused business.  It will focus on whatever gets the most views.  Different sources focus on different target audiences, so you could call that is bias, but they are almost all really focused on views/clicks/subscriptions/profits.

I actually think it’s a part of the problem.  There are too many news sources, they are able to specialize and focus on attracting specific demographic groups.  So people are able to listen to only the news that they want to hear.  Different demographics are listening to different news from different sources, constantly reinforcing what they already believe to be true.  This leads to greater separation in beliefs between people and less understanding of each other.  I think things might be better if everyone got the same news from the same few sources.