OT: The New Religion Thread.

Eleven

15 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Personally, I don’t censor or ban posters unless they’re high on acid and go on tirades.

As far as Complaint Thursdays thread not being open, I had life to deal with.

And Hi 🤘🏻

Got it. Sorry for the overreaction. I had something on my mind, and I wanted to get it off my chest. And yet, I wound up getting some empathetic posts in return - which said a lot more than the groupthink posts I encountered within my own camp.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Got it. Sorry for the overreaction. I had something on my mind, and I wanted to get it off my chest. And yet, I wound up getting some empathetic posts in return - which said a lot more than the groupthink posts I encountered within my own camp.

Kind of surprised that you seem to think this group is any better, this is one of the biggest echo chambers I’ve ever come across online. But to each their own.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Kind of surprised that you seem to think this group is any better, this is one of the biggest echo chambers I’ve ever come across online. But to each their own.

I know what to expect here. What I complained about was something I did not expect from fellow evangelicals on social media, especially since I demanded facts over false narratives.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:56 AM, Weave said:

Agree with the overall point you are making.

Regarding facebook.  It is what you make it.  They have the controls built into it to allow you to avoid what you want to avoid.  Unfollow is a wonderful thing.  No embarasing "unfreind" conversations but you never see a thing they post.

True. They do. Me and Mrs CC talk a lot about the world far and near - including social media. Having said that, I had her change my PW to something I wouldn't know. I admit that it has been a struggle to be away from it. Now I have a clue of what people go through when they quit smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. And yet, I find myself being pleasantly removed from the drama.

12 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Eid Mubarak!!

Best Ramadan ever, but I say that every year.

I miss it already.

So, seems like I missed the worst 30 days in Sabre history.  What a disaster this franchise is.

Welcome back!

• Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Eid Mubarak!!

Best Ramadan ever, but I say that every year.

I miss it already.

So, seems like I missed the worst 30 days in Sabre history.  What a disaster this franchise is.

I don't know what you're talking about. We're having a lot of fun! 

flame thrower fire GIF

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's tragic that nine people were murdered in San Jose yesterday. One of the victims was a Sikh. So, why do I mention this? Because, from everything I've read about Sikhs, they are some of the most loyal and disciplined people I've ever read about and met.

https://abc7news.com/vta-shooting-san-jose-mass-victims-taptejdeep-singh/10701050/

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Bump ...

Hajj is underway in Arabia.  

It is a very strange Hajj again this year.  Only 60,000 fully vaccinated citizens, or residents, allowed to complete the Hajj.

Eid ul Adha (Festival of the Sacrifice) will start at sunset on Monday and mark the end of Hajj.

The Islamic New Year (1443) will be about 3 weeks after Eid starts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:16 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Bump ...

Hajj is underway in Arabia.  

It is a very strange Hajj again this year.  Only 60,000 fully vaccinated citizens, or residents, allowed to complete the Hajj.

Eid ul Adha (Festival of the Sacrifice) will start at sunset on Monday and mark the end of Hajj.

The Islamic New Year (1443) will be about 3 weeks after Eid starts.

From the AccuWeather app. In Fahrenheit:

Screenshot_20210719-140154_AccuWeather.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2021 at 7:49 PM, Crosschecking said:

It's tragic that nine people were murdered in San Jose yesterday. One of the victims was a Sikh. So, why do I mention this? Because, from everything I've read about Sikhs, they are some of the most loyal and disciplined people I've ever read about and met.

https://abc7news.com/vta-shooting-san-jose-mass-victims-taptejdeep-singh/10701050/

I commanded a basic training battalion , and we had a few Sikh trainees who graduated and became Soldiers.  They were all generally good and kept their nose down and grinder it out, just like everyone else.

Anecdotal, but my experience.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

From the AccuWeather app. In Fahrenheit:

Screenshot_20210719-140154_AccuWeather.jpg

It's always hot there, well mostly.  It's a 'dry heat' though, which means something to some people.

I am not planning on going on Hajj until they change the name back to Arabia, which is very unlikely anytime soon.

9 hours ago, Der Jaeger said:

I commanded a basic training battalion , and we had a few Sikh trainees who graduated and became Soldiers.  They were all generally good and kept their nose down and grinder it out, just like everyone else.

Anecdotal, but my experience.

Apparently, some of the crusty old time veterans don't believe that the services should make accommodations for them. I tried to explain to one of those keyboard warriors on a YouTube video why the Kesh is so essential to their religion, but he wouldn't listen.

4 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Apparently, some of the crusty old time veterans don't believe that the services should make accommodations for them. I tried to explain to one of those keyboard warriors on a YouTube video why the Kesh is so essential to their religion, but he wouldn't listen.

Yeah, it wasn’t a big deal for us.  They wear different head gear, are allowed facial hair, and eat differently.  Which is really no big deal to accommodate.

They all understand that they can’t serve in combat units if they adhere to religious guidelines.  They’d need to shave.  Chemical/biological protective masks don’t always seal if the wearer doesn’t shave.  And getting them a different kind of food is tough.

Most of them serve in ways that it doesn’t become an issue, like cyber or medical (Stateside medical facilities).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.