Top 10 Hits In Sabres History

SarasotaSabre

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don't have a lot of clearly memorable hits (or maybe meaningful), but that was one of them.

Shony at the zamboni doors, Peca stepping into Domi unawares, Campbell on Umberger, Campbell had another big one behind the net the same season, Maguire dumping Stepan after Probert ran Barasso, and not so much a big hit as a meaningful one.... the hit that led to May vs. Corson in May's rookie year that announced THIS season the Sabres are not foolin'.

I'll have to watch the vid now to see what's on there.

That was some interesting watching.

I particularly noticed Phil Housley pretending to stand up for his teammates while Steve Yzerman actually means it.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I particularly noticed Phil Housley pretending to stand up for his teammates while Steve Yzerman actually means it.

Future captain in his rookie year (I think) vs. a guy always complained about for his soft play.  I wanted to see Barrasso put up a more spirited defence considering that the Maguire hit was in direct response to Probert running Barrasso just a few shifts prior.  Never liked Barrasso after that.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Future captain in his rookie year (I think) vs. a guy always complained about for his soft play.  I wanted to see Barrasso put up a more spirited defence considering that the Maguire hit was in direct response to Probert running Barrasso just a few shifts prior.  Never liked Barrasso after that.

Stevie Y was wearing a C in the video was he not?

On 4/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, dudacek said:

Housley’s FIRST flinch.  I learned early in life that sometimes you just take a whoopin’.  The pain goes away more quickly than it does from whoopin’s you avoid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.