Eichel or Dahlin. Pick one.

Eleven

Eichel or Dahlin. Pick one.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one.

• Eichel
    • Dahlin

It is an interesting question, for reasons already referenced upthread.

Eichel has established himself as a great/elite 1C.

Dahlin is still making his way and has a longer road to travel as a 1D.

On balance, I think it's more important to have your stud centre than it is to have your stud d-man. But I suppose that can vary by system and style of play.

Easy one, as the results are showing.

The tougher question this brings up is are the two on the same team timeline, and if not wouldn't it be logical to trade one of them? I've never been able to convince myself Eichel and Dahlin can be in their primes together. There's a good chance Eichel is departing his prime while Dahlin is entering his. That's not to say a still very good Eichel on a team-friendly contract can't be a huge contributor to a Cup with Dahlin winning Norri. But then you need Cozens to be in his prime and a true 1C.

For those of us who are old and nearing retirement homes, trading Dahlin is a perty tempting idea. Win now!

#fourminutesclosertoreopeningthecountry

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

He's on foot.  Had he driven, he'd already be there.

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah, I dunno about that. I'd been driving for several weeks.

Yeah, I just assume you walk and drive at the same speed. But at least you can’t walk through store front window. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Easy one, as the results are showing.

The tougher question this brings up is are the two on the same team timeline, and if not wouldn't it be logical to trade one of them? I've never been able to convince myself Eichel and Dahlin can be in their primes together. There's a good chance Eichel is departing his prime while Dahlin is entering his. That's not to say a still very good Eichel on a team-friendly contract can't be a huge contributor to a Cup with Dahlin winning Norri. But then you need Cozens to be in his prime and a true 1C.

For those of us who are old and nearing retirement homes, trading Dahlin is a perty tempting idea. Win now!

#fourminutesclosertoreopeningthecountry

No way.  They are only 3 1/2 years apart in age.

If they are not close enough in age then neither are Stamkos-Kucherov/Hedman, or Ovechkin/Backstrom-Carlson, or the guys in Boston, or McKinnon-Makar.

Instead of considering trading the best, most valuable players, we should instead focus on making great  trades and draft picks to augment the team around them.

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

No way.  They are only 3 1/2 years apart in age.

If they are not close enough in age then neither are Stamkos-Kucherov/Hedman, or Ovechkin/Backstrom-Carlson, or the guys in Boston, or McKinnon-Makar.

Instead of considering trading the best, most valuable players, we should instead focus on making great  trades and draft picks to augment the team around them.

saturday night live snl GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Where's that gif of the little girl who says why not both before being celebrated for her pluck?

I'd take Eichel. But if I had an expansion team today at this moment with no protected players, then I'd take Dahlin and the future vs. the $10M. Plus I could make Buffalo sweat more and toss in something extra.

Oh, here it is:
 https://gph.is/VwFyFB

Went with Eichel because he, just last season, finally realized his full potential IMO.

I'm not convinced Dahlin ever will, particularly as a Buffalo Sabre.

But whatever.  We can keep them both....

Though as mentioned in another thread, I'd be totally on board with moving one or the other if the right mega haul was coming back the other way.  I don't think that's going to happen, certainly not with our current GM, so that's also just talk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.