Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eleven

Eichel or Dahlin. Pick one.

Eichel or Dahlin. Pick one.  

46 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick one.

    • Eichel
      40
    • Dahlin
      6


Recommended Posts

Just like it says.  Imagine that you're the GM, and the team can have only one of Jack Eichel or Rasmus Dahlin, at their current ages and skill levels.  Whom do you choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ras may ultimately prove to be better over the long haul, but Jack is so good I have to take the proven commodity today.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gamble and keep Dahlin. He is cheaper, has a lot of upside and I can have all the years of his prime locked up.

Besides, I am expecting a Lindros type haul for him to support Rasmussen. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is an interesting question, for reasons already referenced upthread.

Eichel has established himself as a great/elite 1C.

Dahlin is still making his way and has a longer road to travel as a 1D.

On balance, I think it's more important to have your stud centre than it is to have your stud d-man. But I suppose that can vary by system and style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy one, as the results are showing.

The tougher question this brings up is are the two on the same team timeline, and if not wouldn't it be logical to trade one of them? I've never been able to convince myself Eichel and Dahlin can be in their primes together. There's a good chance Eichel is departing his prime while Dahlin is entering his. That's not to say a still very good Eichel on a team-friendly contract can't be a huge contributor to a Cup with Dahlin winning Norri. But then you need Cozens to be in his prime and a true 1C.

For those of us who are old and nearing retirement homes, trading Dahlin is a perty tempting idea. Win now!

#fourminutesclosertoreopeningthecountry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

For those of us who are old and nearing retirement homes, trading Dahlin is a perty tempting idea. Win now!

Nearing?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, shrader said:

Nearing?

He's on foot.  Had he driven, he'd already be there.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eleven said:

He's on foot.  Had he driven, he'd already be there.

Yeah, I dunno about that. I'd been driving for several weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eleven said:

He's on foot.  Had he driven, he'd already be there.

 

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah, I dunno about that. I'd been driving for several weeks.

Yeah, I just assume you walk and drive at the same speed. But at least you can’t walk through store front window. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Easy one, as the results are showing.

The tougher question this brings up is are the two on the same team timeline, and if not wouldn't it be logical to trade one of them? I've never been able to convince myself Eichel and Dahlin can be in their primes together. There's a good chance Eichel is departing his prime while Dahlin is entering his. That's not to say a still very good Eichel on a team-friendly contract can't be a huge contributor to a Cup with Dahlin winning Norri. But then you need Cozens to be in his prime and a true 1C.

For those of us who are old and nearing retirement homes, trading Dahlin is a perty tempting idea. Win now!

#fourminutesclosertoreopeningthecountry

No way.  They are only 3 1/2 years apart in age.

If they are not close enough in age then neither are Stamkos-Kucherov/Hedman, or Ovechkin/Backstrom-Carlson, or the guys in Boston, or McKinnon-Makar.

Instead of considering trading the best, most valuable players, we should instead focus on making great  trades and draft picks to augment the team around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Curt said:

No way.  They are only 3 1/2 years apart in age.

If they are not close enough in age then neither are Stamkos-Kucherov/Hedman, or Ovechkin/Backstrom-Carlson, or the guys in Boston, or McKinnon-Makar.

Instead of considering trading the best, most valuable players, we should instead focus on making great  trades and draft picks to augment the team around them.

saturday night live snl GIF

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's that gif of the little girl who says why not both before being celebrated for her pluck?

I'd take Eichel. But if I had an expansion team today at this moment with no protected players, then I'd take Dahlin and the future vs. the $10M. Plus I could make Buffalo sweat more and toss in something extra.

Oh, here it is:
 https://gph.is/VwFyFB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dahlin, assuming Botts is the GM indefinitely. 

Starting from scratch today, with your average GM - Eichel. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eichel - not even close at this point.  As as a letter to the editor of the Hockey News stated recently: "Without Eichel, the Sabres would have practically no scoring."  Dahlin needs to continue tightening up his game at the defensive end.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went with Eichel because he, just last season, finally realized his full potential IMO.

I'm not convinced Dahlin ever will, particularly as a Buffalo Sabre.

But whatever.  We can keep them both....

Though as mentioned in another thread, I'd be totally on board with moving one or the other if the right mega haul was coming back the other way.  I don't think that's going to happen, certainly not with our current GM, so that's also just talk.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...