Vintage Roller Hockey Action!

Eleven

I don't know how this popped up in my YouTube recommendations, but here is/are YOUR BUFFALO STAMPEDE against the St. Louis Vipers.  The Stampede has all of the elements of extreme 90s espn2 action!  Black, purple, and teal color scheme?  Check.  Edgy-looking number font?  Check.  Collective noun for a nickname?  CHECK!

Behind the bench?  Well, that's former Sabre Lou Franceschetti.

So grab a Zima, break out the distressed denim, and maybe get an order of shrimp poppers, pizza shooters, or extreme fajitas, because it's roller hockey time!

I really need life to return to some semblance of normalcy...

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My dad used to take me to roller games...I think at the UB campus, I think the Buffalo team has a pterodactyl on the logo? Brings back good memories.

Last summer I bought a pair of Marsblades to help me work on my ice skating....I have no idea how these guys get up to speed and then slow down. Stopping is not easy on those things.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

That game was actually in St Louis' arena.  I can't believe they actually got that building for something like this.

It's funny.  I remember that whole experience, but I can't tell you whether or not I actually went to any games.

The Stampede played at The Aud and the Wings played one season at the Arena.

I know I didn't go to any games; I didn't live here then.  I also suspect that unless the tickets and parking were free and I had absolutely NOTHING to do (like last night), I likely wouldn't have gone even if I did live here.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Stampede played at The Aud and the Wings played one season at the Arena.

I know I didn't go to any games; I didn't live here then.  I also suspect that unless the tickets and parking were free and I had absolutely NOTHING to do (like last night), I likely wouldn't have gone even if I did live here.

So did they start at the Aud.  Interesting.  The only thing I could remember was the later incarnation, the Wings, playing at Buff State (thank you wikipedia).  Looking over their roster is interesting.  UMASS Lowell's current head coach played for the Stampede.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.