Dylan Cozens named WHL 1st Team All-Star

LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens finishes his D1 season with 38g, 47a, in 51 games. (1.67ppg)

Cozens had 31g, 50a in 68 games in his draft season.(1.24ppg)

Not a huge surprise.  This is the type of progression we are looking for in a 19 yr old in the CHL.

FYI Sam Reinhart

Draft Year: 36g 69a in 60 games (1.75 p/gp)

D1: 19g 46a in 47 games (1.38 p/gp)

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not a huge surprise.  This is the type of progression we are looking for in a 19 yr old in the CHL.

FYI Sam Reinhart

Draft Year: 36g 69a in 60 games (1.75 p/gp)

D1: 19g 46a in 47 games (1.38 p/gp)

Sam Reinhart was asked to focus on strength training and his defensive game in that year. Strength was a major reasoning behind Sam going back to Juniors.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/tim-murray-feels-terrible-about-sending-top-pick-sam-reinhart-to-juniors-buffalo-sabres-draft-pick-nhl-draft/10qlexdh8ovw21a0je32pf3hbe

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, freester said:

Does anyone know anything about the other all stars as far as their future NHL projections?

Addison has a good NHL shot. He was a 2nd rounder in 2018. 

A lot of draft guys talk about Schneider as a future NHL player. He has a really late b-day and is one of the oldest draft eligible guys. Good 2 way defender with size and speed. 

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s going to return this fall, spirited away by Don Luce and Alex Mogilny from seclusion in the Klondike where he pulled dog sleds loaded with the carcasses of Tim Murray’s blueline through the Chilkoot Pass, in temperatures colder than Gary Bettman’s heart.

He will be sporting a prospector’s beard thicker than the fog in the Aud in the spring of ‘75, carrying a wooden Victoriaville stick carved from an oak tree planted by Tim Horton and presented to him by Gilbert Perreault in a secret ceremony performed in a Japanese shrine owned by Taro Tsujimoto. He will be wearing the fedora Dodie gave Punch prior to that fateful first meeting with Seymour and Norty.

He will bear an uncanny resemblance to Kurt Russell in The Thing and we will call him YukonJesus.

Greatness will follow.

Great Natural/Sabres history lesson

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

He’s going to return this fall, spirited away by Don Luce and Alex Mogilny from seclusion in the Klondike where he pulled dog sleds loaded with the carcasses of Tim Murray’s blueline through the Chilkoot Pass, in temperatures colder than Gary Bettman’s heart.

He will be sporting a prospector’s beard thicker than the fog in the Aud in the spring of ‘75, carrying a wooden Victoriaville stick carved from an oak tree planted by Tim Horton and presented to him by Gilbert Perreault in a secret ceremony performed in a Japanese shrine owned by Taro Tsujimoto. He will be wearing the fedora Dodie gave Punch prior to that fateful first meeting with Seymour and Norty.

He will bear an uncanny resemblance to Kurt Russell in The Thing and we will call him YukonJesus.

Greatness will follow.

You had me at Chilkoot Pass.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

3rd liner 35 point center incoming ... Buffaluck ?

If he can play strong on the puck and physical in his own end I have zero issue with this next season. To paraphrase Ray Liota in Blow “Points aren’t everything, George.”

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Greatness will follow.

This was a great read and I would be happy with your assessment.

What wouldn't make me happy is if he got a nickname like "The Yeti" because he only shows up on a rare occassion and you're not sure what you saw.

My dad's great grandad and great-great grandad took part in the gold rush 120 years ago. The old man was 50 years old working as a porter over the Chilkoot and/or White Pass.

My dad, who's way more badass than me, paddled the Yukon River in a canoe with his brother 30-odd years ago to find the old man's claim.

My memory's foggy on the details; it's been a long time since I heard either story. Gotta pick my dad's brain and write some of this down.

https://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/collections/exhibits/klondike/case7-8

https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/retracing-chilkoot-trail

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/digital-nomad/yukon/canada-yukon-river-canoe-trip/

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Weave said:

You had me at Chilkoot Pass.

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Me too, and it’s even cooler when you check it on google maps.  

My wife and I drove with a friend on that road that goes right near Chikoot Pass in the dead of winter. It was 4 in the afternoon and it felt like midnight. Snow drifts halfway across the road and you couldn't see the bottom of the ravine. It was terrifying. What are ya gonna do, though. We had to get to Mt. Lorne to play hockey at the community center.

Can't imagine having to hike it over and over with tons of gear.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Our Jeff Carter is coming.

I can see it, and we will be a good team if, and when, Cozens is ready to adequately fill the second centre position. Not a moment before. 

Totally sold on him as a prospect, even if it's early. 

Edited by Thorny

BTW, it's becoming pretty clear that the hockey gods, still PO'd about Peca, Black Sunday and the tank, decided to finally send us the One, but broke his wrist last summer and dispatched the plague this year to make us suffer a bit more before our deliverance.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

BTW, it's becoming pretty clear that the hockey gods, still PO'd about Peca, Black Sunday and the tank, decided to finally send us the One, but broke his wrist last summer and dispatched the plague this year to make us suffer a bit more before our deliverance.

Also, I was on my way to the SabreSpace fantasy hockey championship. If you want to blame someone, blame me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.