What is your favorite flavor and type of potato chip?

Zamboni

What is your favorite flavor potato chip?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. So, Ruffles original was the chip with the most votes in the last poll. Now i ask you ... What is your favorite flavor and type of potato chip? There are a TON of flavors. Too many to list, so i just listed the most common or popular.

• BBQ
    • Salt and Vinegar
    • Ranch
    • Cheddar Cheese
    • Sour Cream and Onion
    • Jalapeno
    • Low salt/no salt
    • Cheddar and Sour Cream
    • Honey Mustard
    • Dill
    • Plain
    • Other not listed
  2. 2. What is your favorite type of potato chip?

• Baked
    • Kettle
    • Fried
    • Ridged
    • Other not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/2020 at 04:00 PM

29 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The only potato chips I'll eat are kettle-cooked (salt&vinegar or jalapeno) or dill pickle flavored.

You're on the right track.  Hot pepper (jalapeno or habanero typically; don't need ghost or Carolina reaper hot for potato chips) or cajunized are best.  Salt and vinegar works too when sharing with people that don't like spicy foods.

As for the dill - good as a dip w/ salt & vinegar chips.  But shouldn't be the chip flavor itself.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't understand the BBQ chips.  They don't taste like barbecue.  Like, at all.  Not even close.  They just taste like brown sugar cheese dust.

Mmmmmm...... brown sugar cheese dust......

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

Mmmmmm...... brown sugar cheese dust......

You make me a chip that tastes like actual barbecue sauce, and I might have a new favorite.

But whatever that stuff is, it isn't barbecue sauce flavored.

And if anyone ever comes up with a chip that tastes like Swiss Chalet sauce?  They will own the world.

A younger Ebriate would've told you that Sour Cream & Onion Pringles would show you the true meaning of the Ehrhoff. (And if I had a stack... I'd hash it up for breakfast certainly.) But I am now definitely a cracked pepper person. As I age, chips are becoming more a conveyance of a another flavor: salsa, dip, cracked as a topping on something. I don't need them to be a flavor-laden powder keg on their own anymore. Cracked pepper, though. I can dig it. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

A younger Ebriate would've told you that Sour Cream & Onion Pringles would show you the true meaning of the Ehrhoff. (And if I had a stack... I'd hash it up for breakfast certainly.) But I am now definitely a cracked pepper person. As I age, chips are becoming more a conveyance of a another flavor: salsa, dip, cracked as a topping on something. I don't need them to be a flavor-laden powder keg on their own anymore. Cracked pepper, though. I can dig it. 

We both are aging at about the same rate.  I only use a small amount of Kettle Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper chips backed in something to help bring out all the other flavours, but not to overpower them.  It is a bit of an art to get the right mix depending on the dish being made.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We both are aging at about the same rate.  I only use a small amount of Kettle Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper chips backed in something to help bring out all the other flavours, but not to overpower them.  It is a bit of an art to get the right mix depending on the dish being made.

Chips of plain or cracked pepper kind can be a nice topping to almost any casserole. And you can mix them into random things when you get down to the bottom of a bag. Meatloaf being a good example.

10 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Chips of plain or cracked pepper kind can be a nice topping to almost any casserole. And you can mix them into random things when you get down to the bottom of a bag. Meatloaf being a good example.

Meatloaf would smoke an entire bag and then mix potato chips into things?  Makes sense in a way, I suppose.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just purchased some Montreal steak seasoning flavored chips.... I'll be trying them soon and I'll report back

I made some Montreal steak seasoned popcorn the other night.  It was tremendous.  I know, keep it to the popcorn thread...

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That sounds unique, it's such a great seasoning, viva Quebec! 

It's also very easy.   My ten-step program will have you popping in no time!

1.  Get saucepan.  2.  Add oil.  3.  Heat.  4.  Add kernels.  5.  Cover.  6.  Listen for silence.  7.  Empty popcorn into a 1-gal plastic bag.  8.  Dump in seasoning and shake.  9.  Wash pan.  10.  Wipe hands on pants.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Do Jax and funions count as chips? No? Ok then, Doritos. Nacho cheese Doritos. Turkey sandwich with mayo and provolone on a soft dusted Kaiser roll topped with nacho cheese Doritos. If you decide to do ham then you must change over to Swiss cheese and cool ranch Doritos.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.