Let's see your first SabreSpace post

PASabreFan

Hey @New Scotland (NS) did you or do you know a Don Coates?

This just occurred to me — SabreSpace was just a rebranding of The Sabres Report message board that launched circa 2002. Here's a list of posters with a copyright date of 2003 that I cropped off. But it's what you get if you look at the forum from late 2002. I used Wayback Machine to find this.

sr.png

Edited by PASabreFan

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This just occurred to me — SabreSpace was just a rebranding of The Sabres Report message board that launched circa 2002. Here's a list of posters with a copyright date of 2003 that I cropped off. But it's what you get if you look at the forum from late 2002. I used Wayback Machine to find this.

sr.png

Peter Puck was on LetsGoSabres.  I thonk he was a mod.

32 minutes ago, Weave said:

Peter Puck was on LetsGoSabres.  I thonk he was a mod.

Peter Puck was here as well.  And I miss DeLuca and nobody.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My 1st 2 months of posts don't seem to show up.  Joined in August '05 shortly after the lockout ended.

But my oldest archived post seems to be from late October '05.

I can only see your posts to 2018.  But I had the same problem with mine, followed the same procedure that I had followed in the first instance (the one PA lists upthread), and then the really old posts showed up again as if by magic.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

sr.png

?????

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Peter Puck was here as well.  And I miss DeLuca and nobody.

I can only see your posts to 2018.  But I had the same problem with mine, followed the same procedure that I had followed in the first instance (the one PA lists upthread), and then the really old posts showed up again as if by magic.

That's how most of the posts pre-2018 showed up.  But the 1st ~2 months didn't turn up even using PA's method.

I don't go back to the Original Trilogy like a lot of you 'Spacers. Hmmm... I would've thought my first post would have more references to some sort of ...  I dunno, like a movie or piece of pop culture, you know?

On 4/6/2014 at 6:16 PM, Tondas said:

This game reminds me of the Regier/Rolston era. Time to get through the 3rd and move on.

Although, if I'm John Scott, I keep a video of this game to show my grandkids when I played on the first line.

Sadly, Comacher's turnover was worthy of demotion from the Ennis line. Or wait. Was Ennis demoted to the 4th line of Scott-Leino?

I really hope a top-2 pick this summer is worth fielding a lineup of 3 NHL-ready talents.

Why am I watching this game to completion?

(Girgs, McCabe, Rasmus) are the reason I'm watching. Not NHL ready, necessarily.

As do I -- I really like his game on the 3rd line.

What'll become of Novotny when Timmy's back?

p.s. Can I get an over/under line on how many more games we must endure before closing the books on the Andrew Peters project?

Edited by That Aud Smell

From early on in the magical 2005-'06 season:

Posted November 23, 2005

OK, here is my report from NYC after attending tonight's game: great win for the sabres. We came out flat and got dominated in the 1st period. Understandable given that we were starting our 3rd string goalie (yes, I am officially giving that status to Marty), were missing our best player (no info on Briere but he wasn't playing, that's for sure), lost a shootout last night after being ahead in regulation with 4 minutes left and had to travel today.

Even so, we got it together and took it to them in the 2nd and dominated the 3rd and OT. The D was pretty solid -- looks like we dressed 7 defensemen since Briere couldn't go. Pyatt's stock is rising, as he took Briere's spot on the top line with Connolly (who led all forwards in ice time) and Kotalik. Connolly again was not as aggressive as I'd like in the offensive end but still solid, esp. on the PK.

Glad to have Max back. He just makes things happen. the goals will start to come for him. Same for Vanek and Roy, although Roy needs a little more muscle and feistiness to his game -- like Max has.

Kotalik is officially our most dangerous goal scorer or at least is tied with Briere for that honor. One Kotalik item I've noticed in the past couple of games is that he is now playing the right point on the PP, instead of the left, where he scored all those goals with the big slapper. I really liked him on the left, but Lindy knows what he's doing.

I'll say it again: LINDY KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. If the Sabres weren't a well-coached team they would've gone into the tank when down 3-1 in this game (on the road, 2nd game of back-to-back, lost in shootout previous night, etc.). Instead we pulled it together and are now 3 games over .500 and have won 4 out of 6 plus gotten a point in one of the 2 we didn't win -- all after losing our goalie and promptly going 1 and 5.

BTW, Miro Satan flashed back to his last 3 years as a Sabre, playing 24 minutes and recording ZERO shots on goal. He was completely invisible -- and at $4 million per year (which is I think what he's making), that's $50K the Isles paid him for punching the clock tonight. Notice they didn't bother putting him in the shootout (although he might have been the 3rd shooter had they gotten that far).

Speaking of which, Marty obviously deserves a lot of credit for stoning 2 good players in the shootout, esp. after getting abused last night (which was putting him in an unfair situation).

Finally, I'll say that I really like the Nassau Coliseum. It's an older, smaller arena, very reminiscent of the Aud, the Boston Garden and the other small bandboxes. Easy to get to, relatively inexpensive (parking was $6.50 and we walked up to the box office and got $95 face value tickets -- about 15-20 rows behind the goal with a great view -- for $38 on a "student" discount for my 5-year old son) and the seats are close to the action. I'll definitely go back there and would recommend it to anyone in the NYC area.

Go Sabres. Time to take it up a notch and beat those smelly Habs.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

My 1st 2 months of posts don't seem to show up.  Joined in August '05 shortly after the lockout ended.

But my oldest archived post seems to be from late October '05.

I joined right out of the lockout too.  I know it was still Sabres Report at that point.  Do we know when that name change happened?  I'm sure SDS does.

Anyway, I bet some of mine are lost because this doesn't feel like a first post to me.  I read it and feel like I had at least some familiarity with a few people at that point.

Posted October 20, 2005 · Report reply

I can't wait for this game. I plan on making it to all 4 Sabres-Bruins games in Boston this year. So far, I'm one for one.

Anyway,on to the game. If the third period in the last Buffalo-Boston game taught us anything, it's that Buffalo knows how to beat Raycroft. The Kotalik and Afinogenov goals were identical. I hope to see a few more high, stick-side shots tonight.

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

I joined right out of the lockout too.  I know it was still Sabres Report at that point.  Do we know when that name change happened?  I'm sure SDS does.

Anyway, I bet some of mine are lost because this doesn't feel like a first post to me.  I read it and feel like I had at least some familiarity with a few people at that point.

Posted October 20, 2005 · Report reply

I can't wait for this game. I plan on making it to all 4 Sabres-Bruins games in Boston this year. So far, I'm one for one.

Anyway,on to the game. If the third period in the last Buffalo-Boston game taught us anything, it's that Buffalo knows how to beat Raycroft. The Kotalik and Afinogenov goals were identical. I hope to see a few more high, stick-side shots tonight.

Would have to go back through some old PM's to figure out when the switch to SS occurred.  Pretty sure it was sometime in 2007.  But it definitely wasn't in '05.

Would be more interested in discussions w/ Donner the Hutt than those very early ones with DeLuca. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would have to go back through some old PM's to figure out when the switch to SS occurred.  Pretty sure it was sometime in 2007.  But it definitely wasn't in '05.

Would be more interested in discussions w/ Donner the Hutt than those very early ones with DeLuca. ?

You had it surrounded. It was the beginning of the 06-07 season. Here's what is probably the first banner SDS used.

sabresbanner.jpg

21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You had it surrounded. It was the beginning of the 06-07 season. Here's what is probably the first banner SDS used.

sabresbanner.jpg

Knew he rebranded after going back to b&g was announced.  Didn't recall how efficient he was getting through the transition.  ?

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

sabresbanner.jpg

Still my favorite of the SS / TSR banners.  I really liked that one.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.