Let's see your first SabreSpace post

PASabreFan

I was joking around in the How Are You Passing Your Time thread about going back and re-reading all of my posts. Surprisingly, you can do that (except for when the board crashed, I guess). My first post was on November 12, 2005.

Corp, what exactly do you think the two-headed Mika Bironen is worth on the trade market? And throw in Marty's Mr. Microphone.

Posted October 13, 2005 · Report reply

Campy said: 
You didn't think Miller played well? To my eyes, he saved more than one Sabres' arse with strong goaltending. 

Absolutely right--Miller won that game. Another "facet" worth mentioning: discipline. Two penalties--one for too many men (yet again)--was good in the "old" NHL; in the "new" NHL, it's nearly impossible. Sometimes the way to win is to not make mistakes, and the Sabres did that tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting thread.  Here's mine from 2013:

Posted February 24, 2013 · Report reply

I'd like to see Rick Dudley come in here (prior to the deadline). He takes no crap, is beholden to no one, and knows what it takes to win in the league now. See the Habs, and the Leafs for that matter. Not that he is the GM, but success seems to follow him. He likes size and character as well. No more Stafford and Hecht. I think that would spell the end of Ennis (who I like), Gerbe (who I used to like) and Leopold (who I never liked). I think we'd see a Sabres team that was 50% different by September of 2013 with Dudley.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Posted October 13, 2005 · Report reply

Campy said: 
You didn't think Miller played well? To my eyes, he saved more than one Sabres' arse with strong goaltending. 

Absolutely right--Miller won that game. Another "facet" worth mentioning: discipline. Two penalties--one for too many men (yet again)--was good in the "old" NHL; in the "new" NHL, it's nearly impossible. Sometimes the way to win is to not make mistakes, and the Sabres did that tonight.

You were incredibly coherent back in the day.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted September 27, 2011 · Report reply

On 9/27/2011 at 8:56 AM, spndnchz said:

Good but I still want to know why a few guys have NOT been suspended.

There will always be some guys to which the rules will not be applied as strictly.

Somehow this does not seem right.  The timing is good, but this could not have been my first post.  Back then I was a bit of a loose cannon, so probably the first several were deleted.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
?????

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:
  1. Posted September 27, 2011 · Report reply

On 9/27/2011 at 8:56 AM, spndnchz said:

Good but I still want to know why a few guys have NOT been suspended.

There will always be some guys to which the rules will not be applied as strictly.

Somehow this does not seem right.  The timing is good, but this could not have been my fierst post.  Back then I was a bit of a loose cannon, so probably the first several were deleted.

Yeah. A bunch of posts were lost in a crash.

Game Discussion Thread Nov. 3 2010. 

Weave

Self-appointed Expert

Posted November 3, 2010

Two short handed goals?  Epic suckage.

Miller out.  Enroth called up.  Boston after the Miller-Lucic incident (I think).

I miss Korab Rules, Dwight,  and The Chimp.

• Like (+1) 2

Not my first, but close: 

I remember that game clearly. Espisito was there and Gretz hadn't scored in a few games, nor did he in first and second period but Richie Dunn lost the puck and Wanye went in on Edwards--not Sauve mind you!--and scored. I think they stopped the game for awhile. I friend of mine wrote a poem about that the next day. We were in 8th grade

PASabreFan said:

February 24, 1982

At Memorial Auditorium, the Oilers' Wayne Gretzky scores his 77th of the season (and, later, his 78th and 79th) to set a new NHL record for most goals in a season. Gretzky steals the show from the Sabres' own great, Gilbert Perreault, who has a hat trick of his own in a 6-3 loss.

LabattBlue said:

Lafontaine and Mogilny were unstoppable that year. It was a season long highlight reel.

Lafontaine's injuries prevented him from having a long and productive career as a Sabre. ?

Ya, that was an exciting time to be a Sabres fan! But its even better now!

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

There's something off about this whole thing. It's only showing one post for me for the entirety of 2007, which is not correct at all.

It would appear my first post is lost to the crash.

I don't think my first post was in 2010.  I think I joined here shortly after we lost Drury and Briere.  But I don't remember the exact timing.  I used to be active on another Sabres site that went belly up shortly after the Briere Drury fiasco.

14 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don't think my first post was in 2010.  I think I joined here shortly after we lost Drury and Briere.  But I don't remember the exact timing.  I used to be active on another Sabres site that went belly up shortly after the Briere Drury fiasco.

You joined in November 2010 but it was just after some other site collapsed.  We had a lot of new members all at once, some of whom have stayed and some of whom have not.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You joined in November 2010 but it was just after some other site collapsed.  We had a lot of new members all at once, some of whom have stayed and some of whom have not.

Ok maybe that was my first post then.

I know Chimp and Korab were on that other site.  I was glad to see them here.  Pretty sure the team descending into suckitude chased them off.

Edited by Weave

The first post mine shows was about 4 weeks after my real first post, which was a discussion with NS, who was the first to welcome me.

I was 16 years old and boy do those read like it lol cringe 

My not-actual-first-post was about a snow day I had, in the complaint Thursday thread, saying how I had nothing to complain about 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I just Waybacked it, and that forum on LetsGoSabres.com had 1,600-some posters. A lot more than I remember.

This is from the first Buffalo/Ottawa playoff game that Connolly tied with like 8 seconds left and then Drury won a few seconds into OT...not sure if this is actually my first post as  I joined 2 months prior, but that is the furthest back it goes...

OMG!!!!! What an unbelievable game!!!! The look on the Ottawa players faces was priceless!!! What a choke job by #24 on the Senators and what a shot by Drury!!! Sabres Win 7-6 15 secnds into OT!!!!!!!!!

This might have been the best game I've ever seen.....

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

Ok maybe that was my first post then.

I know Chimp and Korab were on that other site.  I was glad to see them here.  Pretty sure the team descending into suckitude chased them off.

Woody joined around the same time--was he there, too?

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I just Waybacked it, and that forum on LetsGoSabres.com had 1,600-some posters. A lot more than I remember.

I never was part of it.  

Did it have a  potato chip thread?

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I never was part of it.  

Did it have a  potato chip thread?

I don’t remember woody there.

Holy crap I’m drunk.  Took me 3 times to get that right.

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That’s the place.

Edited by Weave
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The whonow? Why does it seem like Woody is a more recent arrival and would have been in junior high in 2010? Woody must have changed his handle over the years, or didn't post much in those days.

Edited by PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The whonow? Why does it seem like Woody is a more recent arrival and would have been in junior high in 2010? Woody must have changed his handle over the years, or didn't post much in those days.

November 2010, he's an MD who is on at least his second hospital and you think he was in junior high?  It's @Wyldnwoody44 , not wyldndoogie.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.