Blue and Gold Scary Good look back.

Zamboni

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Hey, Zamboni, is the best plain potato chip topic so hot and possibly contentious that you disabled comments? I guess I don't blame you. Nothing gets the blood boiling like a good potato chip debate, especially in these final days.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I gave him a blast in some other thread.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Hey, Zamboni, is the best plain potato chip topic so hot and possibly contentious that you disabled comments? I guess I don't blame you. Nothing gets the blood boiling like a good potato chip debate, especially in these final days.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I gave him a blast in some other thread.

I had no idea I did that honestly. I’ll see if I can fix it.

Ok, I THINK i fixed it. Try comments now.

Edited by Zamboni

I ended up watching it. Well done synopsis of those playoffs. A lot of coverage of the ECF game one Raleigh invasion and baby eating too.

Briere summed it up perfectly. Easier to accept losing 06/07 to the Sens as the Sens proved that they were the better team that year fair and square. Its clear that none of those guys believe that they lost to a better team in 05/06. That's because they didn't. They lost to another very good team that got the great preponderence  of the breaks that are so essential on the quest for those 16 wins.

After watching this and the Ottawa Brawl BBG it’s so very clear that where we are today is a direct result of Black Sunday. Listening to the players talk about Chris Drury and what he brought the the franchise is painful. We’ve never come back from that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

I ended up watching it. Well done synopsis of those playoffs. A lot of coverage of the ECF game one Raleigh invasion and baby eating too.

Briere summed it up perfectly. Easier to accept losing 06/07 to the Sens as the Sens proved that they were the better team that year fair and square. Its clear that none of those guys believe that they lost to a better team in 05/06. That's because they didn't. They lost to another very good team that got the great preponderence  of the breaks that are so essential on the quest for those 16 wins.

I'm starting to believe that in hockey moreso than in other sports (any other spor?) it comes down to breaks/luck/randomness. It was Briere who mentioned how intimidated/afraid of the Flyers they were and how it took Forsberg banging the puck off Tallinder's outstretched stick, the only thing guarding an empty net in the early moments of Game 1, to make him believe they had a chance. That maybe it was fate. That ***** is real, IMHO. It's very plausibly a totally different series if the Flyers get an early goal and the Sabres get confirmation that they're "supposed" to lose.

Huge fan of that team. I have watch hockey a long time and I can’t remember when a team had 4 of their top 6 defenseman get knocked out of the playoffs. Plus you also had to add in Tim Connolly who was playing unreal before he was knocked out as well. Sad because I believe they were the best team that playoff but all those injuries killed it for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.