What is your favorite PLAIN potato chip?

Zamboni

What is your favorite PLAIN potato chip?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite PLAIN potato chip? Not specially flavored. That can be another poll in the future.

• Lay's Classic
    • Utz Original
    • Wise Golden Original
    • Munchos
    • Kettle Brand potato chips
    • Ruffles Original
    • Cap Cod Kettle cooked potato chips
    • Dirty original
    • 365 Sea Salt Classic
    • Clancy's Original
    • Mrs. Fishers potato chips
    • Old Dutch Original
    • Miss Vickies Original
    • Pringles original
    • Snyder of Berlin Original
    • OTHER not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2020 at 03:00 PM

I might be pickin’ nitz here, but wouldn’t Ruffles fall into the Not PLAIN potato chip category?

If not, then I’m going to have to go with “other not listed” and choose Utz Ripples, with are way better than Ruffles.

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I might be pickin’ nitz here, but wouldn’t Ruffles fall into the Not PLAIN potato chip category?

If not, then I’m going to have to go with “other not listed” and choose Utz Ripples, with are way better than Ruffles.

I think that's the point though. We're debating the qualities of a traditional potato chip, which is any chip that is potato and salted. Those are the controls. The variables are the thickness, cut, method of preparation (frying, baking, etc), level of salt, etc.

So we could definitely pit Utz Ripples against Ruffles Ridges.

I think we might need to split out the budget brands too. If I'm reaching for proletarian potato products then I'm all in on Troyer Farms.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I think that's the point though. We're debating the qualities of a traditional potato chip, which is any chip that is potato and salted. Those are the controls. The variables are the thickness, cut, method of preparation (frying, baking, etc), level of salt, etc.

So we could definitely pit Utz Ripples against Ruffles Ridges.

I think we might need to split out the budget brands too. If I'm reaching for proletarian potato products then I'm all in on Troyer Farms.

Ya know, I didn't even see the "Not specially flavored" part 'til just now. Gottit. Utz ripples, then.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.