OK folks, let's step it up. If you could get a Lindros-like haul for EICHEL, would you?

Eleven

OK folks, let's step it up. If you could get a Lindros-like haul for EICHEL, would you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. OK folks, let's step it up. If you could get a Lindros-like haul for EICHEL, would you?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

My answer to this one is just no

Are you sure?  If you were the GM, you could change the team's entire DNA in one move (well, you'd have to fire Rip, too).  I'm not saying what's right or wrong, I'm just asking and clarifying the question.

56 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Are you sure?  If you were the GM, you could change the team's entire DNA in one move (well, you'd have to fire Rip, too).  I'm not saying what's right or wrong, I'm just asking and clarifying the question.

I'm not interested in changing DNA, I'm interested in giving the face of our franchise a solid team around him for once.

The Dahlin hypothetical could do that, but an Eichel one throws the Abby out with the bath water, or some cliche like that 

So that's why I say no to this one 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm not interested in changing DNA, I'm interested in giving the face of our franchise a solid team around him for once.

The Dahlin hypothetical could do that, but an Eichel one throws the Abby out with the bath water, or some cliche like that 

So that's why I say no to this one 

Fair opinion indeed.  But you need a phone that puts the letters A, B, B again, and Y in the right order.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Lindros was traded for a player better than him and a whole bunch of other good players. Would I trade Eichel for someone better than him and supplemental players? Of course. I would trade anyone for anyone who is better than them. 

Let's assume Lindros doesn't get injured and ends up "better" than Forsberg (IMO he was anyway).

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Lindros was traded for a player better than him and a whole bunch of other good players. Would I trade Eichel for someone better than him and supplemental players? Of course. I would trade anyone for anyone who is better than them. 

This is exactly how I feel about both of these (Dahlin and Ike) proposals.  Lindros was traded for a several good  players, one of which was probably as good as him, so it kind of is a no brainer in retrospect.

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Again -- it all depends on whether we know that we're getting someone as good as what Forsberg became.  Eichel is almost certainly not going to be as good as Forsberg, so I would take the deal if a Forsberg is guaranteed.

I kind of see them as about equal. Both great players. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Let's assume Lindros doesn't get injured and ends up "better" than Forsberg (IMO he was anyway).

Oh this is a hot take and I like it. I’m sure we can get a whole ‘nother thread of hottest takes. I never like Lindros for various reasons but he certainly caught a tough and unfortunate break. 

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Again -- it all depends on whether we know that we're getting someone as good as what Forsberg became.  Eichel is almost certainly not going to be as good as Forsberg, so I would take the deal if a Forsberg is guaranteed.

So let’s say the trade was viewed something like this:

Lower ceiling, lower floor prospect than Dahlin/Eichel, but still first round prospect (in Eichel trade case would be player not prospect in top 6 role already with 1C upside but no promises)

2nd line forward in bottom half of prime but still solidly in prime

3/4 defensemen in bottom half of prime but still solidly in prime

Bottom pair defenseman

Goalie a few years removes from Vezina. Not sure where he will be but has a strong chance of strong play  

Is this something you do?

Love you @Eleven, but no.  Just no.

It would mean that the Sabres would have to admit that the tank was, indeed, the stupidest idea ever, which it was, but they will never admit it.

No, because then we will be back to the pre-tank era and extend the wandering in the dessert for longer, maybe forever.

And, I would quit the team, well not really, but I would be very angry ... ANGRY NS REPIRTING FOR DUTY!!

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Forsberg was a better player than Lindros, and just about anyone else in his era.

Was Forsberg even as good as the other center on his team?  And was Sakic better than Lindros?

Boy, its close for me.  Lindros had every bit the impact on his team.  He didn’t have the depth of talent Colorado had.

To move Eichel I’d need to have a middle of the pack 1C, middle of the pack 2C, top 1/3 goalie, plus, plus coming back.  I cannot justify it as readily as I can a Dahlin trade, mostly because we are trading from a position of dearth and not a position of depth. 

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Lindros had every bit the impact on his team.

He also was such a hot prospect that CBC was broadcasting his games over-the-air, i.e., not buried on cable, when he was with Oshawa--I know this because I watched those games and my dorm room at UB definitely did not have cable.  Did they even do that for McDavid?

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

because we are trading from a position of dearth and not a position of depth. 

Ooh good point.

Edited by Eleven

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No worries--I'm just trying to start conversations in our boring times.  I'm not sure I would do it and I'm not sure I wouldn't.

I hear you.

Here's a topic for you all ...

Do fat bottomed girls really make the rocking world go round?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
what the heck ... I vote ... YES!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.