Pretend GM: If you could get a Lindros-like haul for Dahlin, would you do it?

Eleven

Pretend GM: If you could get a Lindros-like haul for Dahlin, would you do it?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you could get a Lindros-like haul for Dahlin, would you do it?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

As an American, I found great joy in Canada’s victory after a 50 year drought ... in ITS game.  Check out that roster, baby. 

Nagano was so crippling to the hockey culture psyche here for a while. Always found it kinda funny it was "my" goalie that delivered all the woe. 

If Lindros didn't essentially suffer brain trauma that effectively ended his career after 7 seasons nobody would be arguing that the Flyers lost that trade. People forget just how great he really was, if those injuries didn't happen I absolutely believe the Flyers end up eventually winning a cup.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If Lindros didn't essentially suffer brain trauma that effectively ended his career after 7 seasons nobody would be arguing that the Flyers lost that trade. People forget just how great he really was, if those injuries didn't happen I absolutely believe the Flyers end up eventually winning a cup.

Counter point- If Forsberg didn’t have his own injury problems, no one would be arguing that Colorado lost that trade.  Forsberg’s NHL career was actually shorter than Lindros’.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Nagano was so crippling to the hockey culture psyche here for a while. Always found it kinda funny it was "my" goalie that delivered all the woe. 

I just re-watched the shoot out.  Good for Dom.  Gretzky looks on, silently ... can you imagine the “one for the ages” had Gretzky taken that last shot?

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/1/2020 at 10:58 PM, nfreeman said:

I am surprised at the willingness here to trade Dahlin without assurances that anyone in the package becomes what Forsberg became. 

In Dahlin we have the 2nd highest scoring young defenseman of all time, who achieved that distinction for a bottom-level team in his 1st 2 seasons.

There is a real possibility that Dahlin develops into a multiple Norris winner and a generational offensive defenseman.

I’m not giving that up for picks, prospects and an up and down goalie.  

That you.  These trade scenarios are never going to happen.  There are more teams now with less talent per team and a salary cap.  Team are not going for to trade 4 top players, a prospect, and first round unprotected picks.  Maybe in a salary cap dump, and then the receiving team has to deal with contracts.  And how do you find that hidden HOF player (Forsberg) that made the trade worth it? 

Look what happened with ROR -  That is what is likely to be what JBot gets.  Someone else’s house cleaning. 

We should not trade Dahlin. We need a savvy GM that can bring in a 2C, 3C and a top6 RW without giving up a player like Dahlin or Eichel.  

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That you.  These trade scenarios are never going to happen.  There are more teams now with less talent per team and a salary cap.  Team are not going for to trade 4 top players, a prospect, and first round unprotected picks.  Maybe in a salary cap dump, and then the receiving team has to deal with contracts.  And how do you find that hidden HOF player (Forsberg) that made the trade worth it? 

Look what happened with ROR -  That is what is likely to be what JBot gets.  Someone else’s house cleaning. 

We should not trade Dahlin. We need a savvy GM that can bring in a 2C, 3C and a top6 RW without giving up a player like Dahlin or Eichel.  

Even though I bash Jason as much as anyone, I don't think this is true. The ROR return was so bad because Jason's decision that he had to trade ROR, with Terry's deadline, painted us into a corner. He would never have so little leverage in a Dahlin trade 

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Even though I bash Jason as much as anyone, I don't think this is true. The ROR return was so bad because Jason's decision that he had to trade ROR, with Terry's deadline, painted us into a corner. He would never have so little leverage in a Dahlin trade 

" Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Jason Botterill" -P.T. Barnum, probably.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Yes.  I have heard the  story of the Pegula deadline.  I don’t know where the story comes from, I guess it could have happened.  Nothing surprises me about this team.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.