Yerdon's suggestions for forwards for the Sabres

Eleven

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I believe if he doesn't make the team he'll have to pass through waivers and as a former 1st rd pick who is under 23, I think there is a good chance he'd get claimed.

If that’s the case, than he’s definitely on the team. I don’t think he’s ready to contribute next year after a major injury. He could use another half year in Rochester. 

On 4/4/2020 at 2:22 PM, Randall Flagg said:

I think this 

-encourages the type of camp competition Botterill has long been after

-wouldn't harm the team in a big way if the worst case scenario happened and all struggled

-is in line with GA's point about being unable to build the perfect roster with only established NHLers

and it's also 

- not Botterill's plan, as it's already been stated he "expects" Cozens to be a member of the roster next year. My personal opinion is he's penciled in at 2C, but he's at least penciled in for a spot. 

He's probably got Thompson penciled in as well, and I doubt he's ever a long term NHLer. Casey I do think is a long term NHL player, I think he finds his niche on a scoring 3rd line, down the line. 

Edited by Thorny

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9: we don't want 10!

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

and it's also 

- not Botterill's plan, as it's already been stated he "expects" Cozens to be a member of the roster next year. My personal opinion is he's penciled in at 2C, but he's at least penciled in for a spot. 

He's probably got Thompson penciled in as well, and I doubt he's ever a long term NHLer. Casey I do think is a long term NHL player, I think he finds his niche on a scoring 3rd line, down the line. 

In that case, I think we can safely write off Larry and Z, because then I expect the following 14 forwards to be here next season:

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart

Skinner-Cozens-Johansson

Vesey-Mittlstadt-Kahun

Asplund-Lazar-Okposo

Thompson, Simmonds 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

^ losing Larry would be such a shame. If that's the line-up we have, our C spine will actually be weaker next season than this one. 

How much does the potential addition of Strome affect your evaluation?  (From the other thread.)

33 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

How much does the potential addition of Strome affect your evaluation?  (From the other thread.)

I actually like the idea of adding Strome, but I may not be the best person to ask because my expectations are so low. I'm expecting more along the lines of another left shot, left wing, "potential 15 goal man" ala Vesey or Johansson. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.