Sabres Sign Forward Dawson DiPietro to an ELC

Brawndo

Undersized? Check. 

Left shot? Check. 

Played College hockey? Check. 

Winger? Check. 

Add him to the pile! Botterill even found a way to get his obligatory "forward group" mention in. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Thats exactly right. At least this guy has speed which I believe is something they need throughout the line up

In Rochester? Sure. He's very likely not going to be an NHL player.

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But not today.  Different game.

So there is not such thing as small any more?

Conor Sheary and Lawrence Pilut might not have even played at all back then, but even in today’s game their size holds them back.

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So there is not such thing as small any more?

Conor Sheary and Lawrence Pilut might not have even played at all back then, but even in today’s game their size holds them back.

There are guys who play small and guys who are small but don't play that way.  Marchand is 5'9" 180, but he doesn't seem that way on the ice.  Erod is 5'11 184 and plays smaller.  I don't know enough about Dawson to label him one way or another.  Kahun is 5'11 175 and certainly didn't look small or play small.

Right now, the more the merrier.  Bring them on Jbot and see who sticks.  Last I looked the Amerks have 12 RFAs/UFAs.  Guys like Wilson, Leier, Elie, Oglevie plus 4 D.  Who knows, we might just find a player or two.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

He's 1" away from being a 'big guy'.  I swear, people and height don't mix well.

Though looking back, apparently Michael Peca was 5'11".  I always thought he was small.

I think that’s a little generous. He was about the same height as my mom and she’s 5’9”. His hair at the time might have gave him a few more inches. I’ll see if I can find the pic

21 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

I think that’s a little generous. He was about the same height as my mom and she’s 5’9”. His hair at the time might have gave him a few more inches. I’ll see if I can find the pic

Hockey players height is measured with their skates on.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

His hockey reference statistics are wrong then ?. I’m glad to believe I always thought he was closer to 5’9”

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Derek Plante was pretty small, but was a good hockey player 

5'11".  Not small. Just played like the biggest puss on Earth. 

40 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s not.  Hockey players’ listed heights are not with their skates on.  I’m 96% sure of this.

It's the only theory I can come up with as to why every player is listed 2-3" taller than they are.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.