MSG broadcasting Sabres classic games

Zamboni

http://app.e.psentertainment.com/e/es?s=2118877368&e=58638&elqTrackId=78D8A052C380BCBFF284D754BEBE9730&elq=ac077535b3da40f4b36fb947696b6ace&elqaid=2257&elqat=1

While the NHL has paused its remaining regular season schedule, we’ve been looking back on some of our favorite Sabres memories. Now you can tune in to MSG for “Sabres Classics,” a nightly chance to relive a monumental game from the team’s history! 

These will begin Monday, March 23 and continue through the week and beyond – all games will air at 8 p.m. Check out the schedule below:  

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’m happy we’re getting any.... 

I guess fans can nitpick over the selected games. I’m not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’m happy we’re getting any.... 

I guess fans can nitpick over the selected games. I’m not one of them. 

If five is good, seven is better!

Week Two of "Sabres Classics" on MSG opens Monday and the team announced Thursday that it will feature five regular-season games from the 2005-06 season, the out-of-the-lockout surprise campaign that saw the Sabres get all the way to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final before losing to eventual Stanley Cup champion Carolina.

All games air on MSG starting at 8 p.m. as well as the MSG Go app. They will then be available the following day at noon on the Sabres' YouTube channel. Next week's rundown looks like this:

Monday, March 30 – 8-5 win over Washington on Nov. 17, 2005: Taylor Pyatt rings up a hat trick as the Sabres beat rookie phenom Alex Ovechkin and move above .500, where they would remain the rest of the season.

Tuesday, March 31 – 2-1 shootout win at Philadelphia on Dec. 19, 2005: Ryan Miller makes 33 saves as the Sabres push their winning streak to seven games.

Wednesday, April 1 –  2-1 shootout win at Ottawa on Feb. 4, 2006: Thomas Vanek beats Dominik Hasek for the game-winning goal with his "Around the World" move.

Thursday, April 2 – 3-1 win over Toronto on March 16, 2006:  Sabres extend latest winning streak to eight games as Chris Drury scores two goals.

Friday, April 3 – 5-4 win over Ottawa on April 5, 2006: Daniel Briere scores in the final minute of regulation and the final minute of overtime.

The inaugural week of Sabres Classics continues Thursday night with the Oct. 7, 2001, game at Madison Square Garden, an overtime loss to the New York Rangers in the first regular-season hockey game after 9/11. Friday night's game is the "Who Else" classic, the Game 5 overtime win over the Rangers on May 4, 2007, that featured Drury's tying goal with 7.7 seconds left in regulation.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ogre said:

I’d love to see some classic Amerks’ games from the Calder powerhouse years.

Game 7 where the Amerks didn't allow the opposition into the offensive zone for the entire 3rd period of the 96 final comes to mind. Dixon Ward and Brian Holzinger just dominated in the playoffs.  The Frawley-Nichol-Metcalf line was absolutely smothering defensively.  The entire arena stood and screamed the whole third period. It was amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Game 7 where the Amerks didn't allow the opposition into the offensive zone for the entire 3rd period of the 96 final comes to mind. Dixon Ward and Brian Holzinger just dominated in the playoffs.  The Frawley-Nichol-Metcalf line was absolutely smothering defensively.  The entire arena stood and screamed the whole third period. It was amazing. 

I had only been in the area less than a year. I was vaguely aware that there was team but that made me sit up and take notice. Once I decided to stay in wny, it wasn't long until Amerks games started out my Friday night. Probably no chance finding any of these games anywhere? 

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I had only been in the area less than a year. I was vaguely aware that there was team but that made me sit up and take notice. Once I decided to stay in wny, it wasn't long until Amerks games started out my Friday night. Probably no chance finding any of these games anywhere? 

Here the third period 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I thought I spotted an epic jersey typo when Hollinger skated across the ice. Alas...

I always thought Don Stevens was a good hockey voice. I kind of wonder why he never was promoted to Buffalo instead of Dan getting the call. But I'm guessing Don's loud style would not have been the right sound. So we ended up with lukewarm oatmeal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.