OT - What are you doing to pass the time

FogBat

7 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

LibriVox is a great app if you’re by yourself and don’t have access to certain books. I’m listening to Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin as I drive.

Calvinism is a mistake.  And what it bore is even worse.

Edited by Eleven

7 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

LibriVox is a great app if you’re by yourself and don’t have access to certain books. I’m listening to Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin as I drive.

Years ago I attended a church that was Calvinist teaching. I have the Institutes in my library. I then attended nondenominational full gospel (a term I never understood) churches for many years. I'm now back in the Catholic Church. Long story of how that came about. Calvin , in my opinion, went off the tracks particularly in his view of predestination. I can find a preponderance of Scripture to argue against it. Just my opinion of course.

I’m going to watch the 3 game final series of the ‘87 Canada Cup, Canada vs USSR. All three games were 6-5 with two of them being decided in OT. Gretzky and Lemieux on the same line, magic.

My son can’t believe all the hooking and holding in these vintage games. I love his reactions, especially to the interference.

• Like (+1) 1

Telecommuting is more work than going in.  But staying home is helping me get in shape. I have lost 30 pounds and numerous inches with P90 and a good diet.  I still can’t take on Horton, but definitely most of the others.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Kids' ant farm has been really interesting.  It appears the ants have buried their dead in a mound of media they piled up.  I'd be terrified of what they'd be capable of if they were half the size of us...

IMG_20200510_210445134.jpg

Edited by Indabuff

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been extremely busy with a home make over. The front yard had 5 pine trees, 2 by driveway, 3 on opposite side of front yard, all 35'-40' tall. They are gone, stumps and all. Took the trees down myself, paid S&S tree service $700 to grind the stumps and get rid of the brush that was left over.

Figure I needed a small yard horse, since I have a large lot on a pretty big retention pond in Wheatfield. So I went out and bought an old Bobcat M-371 mini skidsteer.

Here she is:

20200506_152605.jpg

20200506_152550.jpg

On 5/19/2020 at 3:45 PM, Eleven said:

It's legal in Virginia now?

Not sure if your reply was tongue in cheek or not. Either way, we put together an herb garden. We could put in either 3 more herbs or small plants.

The goal is to eventually grown our own fruits and vegetables within our climate.

4 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Not sure if your reply was tongue in cheek or not.

It was.

I've had a couple of herb gardens in my life, and they are wonderful.  Good luck with yours!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

random answer to your question @Eleven: Effective 7/1/2020 simple possession of marijuana is now subject to a civil penalty of no more than $50.  More importantly, and I do not understand why this hasn't gotten more attention (other than, you know, the world being on fire), all marijuana derivatives (hash oil and whatnot) have been scrubbed from Schedule I under the drug control act.  

Edited by Sabel79
In Virginia

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

random answer to your question @Eleven: Effective 7/1/2020 simple possession of marijuana is now subject to a civil penalty of no more than $50.  More importantly, and I do not understand why this hasn't gotten more attention (other than, you know, the world being on fire), all marijuana derivatives (hash oil and whatnot) have been scrubbed from Schedule I under the drug control act.  

Wait. Wuh?! Federally?

When did this happen?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.