OT - What are you doing to pass the time

FogBat

I am so very bored being stuck at home. So decided to learn new stuff (and relearn things I've forgotten).

1. I've made sourdough starter.  First bake will be tomorrow. 

2. Rewired the electronics in my guitar.

3. Wiped clean my windows laptop and set it up for music making and video editing (after easter I will be expected to create videos for my students).

4. Found a spot to practice skating away from people. Hopefully will be joining a rollerhockey group after things get back to normal.

I want to improve my terrible swedish next. Been using duolingo for that.

• Like (+1) 1

For the first time in god knows how long, I went down to the same road hockey court I spent most of my teen years on and wired shots at an empty net for an hour.

For the first time in far too long for its health, I cleaned, oiled, and adjusted my bike.

And for the first time in a year I am sitting on the patio in the sun awaiting the start of the Easter Beer Hunt.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Earlier this morning I was contemplating two things that I have always been fascinated about ... the fog and the sea tides.  Now I have a front row seat to contemplate both, often at the same time ...

IMG_20200414_0954550.jpg

IMG_20200414_0955059.jpg

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
the view from my office window 1 hour ago ...

My wife, son and I finished laying down 2’x2’ patio stones to make a basketball court. He was tired of dribbling in gravel.

Hardware store delivered a pallet for us and we have plenty of sand.

Cutting, splitting and stacking firewood is the next task.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

My wife, son and I finished laying down 2’x2’ patio stones to make a basketball court. He was tired of dribbling in gravel.

Hardware store delivered a pallet for us and we have plenty of sand.

Interesting.  So you created a bed of sand and are just laying down the patio stones in the sand?  Did you remove the gravel from that area before creating the bed of sand?

59 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Interesting.  So you created a bed of sand and are just laying down the patio stones in the sand?  Did you remove the gravel from that area before creating the bed of sand?

Half and half.

One side we dug down a few inches to make the court level with the driveway.

The other side (lower) is lawn and we built the sand up a bit and will plant grass to prevent erosion.

834844D9-35EF-4A28-9012-25E82B5EFDDC.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, #freejame said:

Read hearts and my first thought was “well there’s your problem, you should be playing spades.”

Hearts, Spades and Pitch are my games. I get absolutely destroyed at Rummy.

If we put the cards away, I'm pretty good at Mexican Train. I'd never heard of it. But it's a neat game with weird dominoes. 

Mrs. iT and I have been making masks for the community. First batch went the fire department. The second to a local doctor. We got a call from the town hall because people keep asking them for masks. We figure if people want the masks and will wear them them we’ll make masks eight hours a day. Check out our spring ensemble.

F37A3F40-CFA9-42E3-AC50-F8455F342685.jpeg

92FD5C15-528D-47B8-AB10-A42DF5F30BBE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Mrs. iT and I have been making masks for the community. First batch went the fire department. The second to a local doctor. We got a call from the town hall because people keep asking them for masks. We figure if people want the masks and will wear them them we’ll make masks eight hours a day. Check out our spring ensemble.

F37A3F40-CFA9-42E3-AC50-F8455F342685.jpeg

92FD5C15-528D-47B8-AB10-A42DF5F30BBE.jpeg

Got any more of that hibiscus pattern? I'll buy one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, darksabre said:

Got any more of that hibiscus pattern? I'll buy one. 

My wife quilts from time to time but hasn’t in a long time. Up until a month ago I couldn’t see any possible reason to save multiple bins of fabric scraps. She’s a smart gal.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

Hearts, Spades and Pitch are my games. I get absolutely destroyed at Rummy.

If we put the cards away, I'm pretty good at Mexican Train. I'd never heard of it. But it's a neat game with weird dominoes. 

I’ve never played pitch, but I definitely prefer spades over hearts. Would take either over most just about any game less risk though. I’ve only played the Mexican train game a few times but it was a blast every time. 

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

My wife quilts from time to time but hasn’t in a long time. Up until a month ago I couldn’t see any possible reason to save multiple bins of fabric scraps. She’s a smart gal.

Seriously though, I'll buy one. The hibiscus pattern is a thing from my more active days in paintball and I'd love to have one. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Seriously though, I'll buy one. The hibiscus pattern is a thing from my more active days in paintball and I'd love to have one. 

Just pm the info and I’ll send you one. We aren’t selling anything but common sense humanity. The therapeutic effects of mask production are the reward. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.