OT - What are you doing to pass the time

FogBat

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Impressive. I'm not sure I've heard of a built-in dresser.

I have one now and I had one in my last house, too.  In my current house, I had it put in (I'm ok with repairs but not so clever to do that myself), and in my last house, it was there and had been there since at least 100 years ago.  It was very obviously planned by whoever designed that place.

Edited by Eleven

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

I have one now and I had one in my last house, too.  In my current house, I had it put in (I'm ok with repairs but not so clever to do that myself), and in my last house, it was there and had been there since at least 100 years ago.  It was very obviously planned by whoever designed that place.

Same here.  Built-in shelves and vanity too.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It looks like the people in the second photo are not maining the mandated 6 foot distancing thingie.

I really hope that distancing continues for ever.  I'd up the ante to 10 feet, if I were king.

They can't even stand in the boxes that the stores tape out for them. People are dumb as s***! And half of em are even dumber than that.

Expecting people who live in the same house to maintain six feet from each other because they happen to be grocery shopping or out for a walk are really ***** dumb. Those people need to come down off their high horse and shove their fake morals right up their ass. 

Edited by Hank

49 minutes ago, Hank said:

Expecting people who live in the same house to maintain six feet from each other because they happen to be grocery shopping or out for a walk are really ***** dumb. Those people need to come down off their high horse and shove their fake morals right up their ass. 

Very True.  Expecting co-habitators to maintain a 6 feet distance from each other in public actually increases the possibility of spreading Covid to others.  If anything they should be hanging all over each other!

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Is this an expectation?  That's possibly the silliest thing I ever have heard.

So my brother-in-law and my nephew are in a video game tournament tonight.  I love it.

My sister and my niece will be watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  I love that, too.  

If I were there, I'd probably have to bounce back and forth between watching the tournament and watching my niecey laugh at the movie.

Edited by Eleven

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So my brother-in-law and my nephew are in a video game tournament tonight.  I love it.

My sister and my niece will be watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  I love that, too.  

If I were there, I'd probably have to bounce back and forth between watching the tournament and watching my niecey laugh at the movie.

Sounds like a fun night.  This virus sucks  but it has likely strengthened a lot of family bonds.  

Edited by Indabuff

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

My friends who practice divorce law are champing at the bit.

Your friends know more than me.  

I think a lot less “divorcable” stuff happens during a quarantine.

Just now, Neo said:

Nah, it's when couples realize that they actually hate each other. Sure, in theory they can't cheat on each other (yeah right), now they can't escape what they've always known. And that is "OH MY F***ING GOD, I HATE THIS PERSON SO MUCH!! I HATE EVERYTHING THEY DO!!!"

Not speaking from current experience. I love my wife very much. You may get a different answer from her.

26 minutes ago, Neo said:

21 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Nah, it's when couples realize that they actually hate each other. Sure, in theory they can't cheat on each other (yeah right), now they can't escape what they've always known. And that is "OH MY F***ING GOD, I HATE THIS PERSON SO MUCH!! I HATE EVERYTHING THEY DO!!!"

Not speaking from current experience. I love my wife very much. You may get a different answer from her.

Kev gets what my friends mean.  

Truthfully my life hasn't changed all that much. Being retired and at home my wife and I do a lot of reading and our usual things. Do miss seeing the kids and grandkids and going to daily Mass though.

31 minutes ago, Radar said:

Truthfully my life hasn't changed all that much. Being retired and at home my wife and I do a lot of reading and our usual things. Do miss seeing the kids and grandkids and going to daily Mass though.

Come on. Be a Warrior. Sacrifice yourself on the tangerine altar!

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Come on. Be a Warrior. Sacrifice yourself on the tangerine altar!

??

24 minutes ago, French Collection said:

We laid out a nine hole, par 25 golf course around our property.

We use one club and whiffle balls. Old tires are the holes.

This was actually a lot of fun.

That sounds awesome and I want to play!

I do the same things every day. I enjoy it immensely. The only part of the day I don't enjoy is when I call my parents to hear what dumb and dangerous thing they've done today or are planning on doing tomorrow. They don't listen and they won't be happy until they're dead. 

The other day my mother asked me if I'm wearing my helmet when riding my bike. I'm like "ma! Didn't you just tell me you and dad just got back from a party at your friends house on Sanibel Island?" 

Does Florida make em braindead or were they like that before they got there and I just hadn't noticed yet?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I do the same things every day. I enjoy it immensely. The only part of the day I don't enjoy is when I call my parents to hear what dumb and dangerous thing they've done today or are planning on doing tomorrow. They don't listen and they won't be happy until they're dead. 

The other day my mother asked me if I'm wearing my helmet when riding my bike. I'm like "ma! Didn't you just tell me you and dad just got back from a party at your friends house on Sanibel Island?" 

Does Florida make em braindead or were they like that before they got there and I just hadn't noticed yet?

Good for them, I love hearing about people not living in fear!

Life is for the living, go parents! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.